[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spagnuolo to take over as Eagles DC?

tazinib1

Citing league sources, the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that it is "all but certain" that Rams HC Steve Spagnuolo will take over as Eagles defensive coordinator in 2012.

Kevin Acee of the Union-Trib seconds NFL Network speculation that Rams owner Stan Kroenke will "clean house" after the season. Andy Reid recently gave current DC Juan Castillo the dreaded vote of confidence, but Profootballtalk reported three weeks ago that the change will have to be made in order for Reid to stick as head coach. Spagnuolo should be a major upgrade on the former offensive line coach.

Related: Rams

Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

Well this certainly opens the door for Chuckie and AJ Smith to come into St.Louis. I kinda feel sorry for my old team favorite. You guys have no idea what you are getting with AJ. He'll make the owners look like a genius the first 2-3yrs then the dictatorship will rear its ugly head.

That's the popular opinion out there, but it ain't gonna happen. This team took a little longer to gel than people thought, and they are finally starting to play some good football in the new system.

IMO, they give Reid and his team another year to see if the last 6 weeks are a true sample of what this group of players can do.

Title needs to be corrected from OC to DC...as for Spags...love him and wouldn't mind him being the DC, but also think getting rid of Juan would be a knee jerk reaction...the shortened pre-season and injuries didn't help in the least...

Fewell is one hel1 of a DC, injuries did the Giants no favors at all.

Yes, they were hit with injuries, but the defense has still underachieved.

I'm not saying Fewell is a bad DC, I just think Spagnuolo was better and would welcome the idea of him returning. I'm also not sure how much longer Coughlin will be coaching the Giants. Assuming they win Sunday, and win the home playoff game, Coughlin probably gets another one year extension. Spags could be a possible replacement down the line.

• 2 weeks later...