[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo snubbed IMO

Cowboyz1

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A coach's method of getting players hyped and ready to play wears thin after a few years. A change is just necessary to get players motivated. Especially if they have not won it all after 5 years or so. It's just the nature of the modern day beast. Coughlin may just be a victim of this and this only. He's a good coach whose method will work somewhere else. I think that's why the rinse and repeat coaches carousel is so tempting for teams. They know these men can coach and most likely get results right away .

totally agree with you here. There is a lot on the line Sunday night. More then just the division for JG and Romo. If Romo plays his way to a win it will go along way for his perception. If he loses and plays poorly it will do A LOT of damage.

How much more damage could it do with a loss? Noone believes in him he gets snubbed during a pretty decent year because of previous chokes and bad play! So really the only thing that could happen is you stop believing he is the next big thing..... And honestly even with a 4 int. Game where he just Athenas the bed I believe there is no way that you stop believing in him! So its a win win for slip as he keeps his #1 nuthugger and keeps his after flight to cabo....win win no?

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

How is this thread still alive? If it reaches a third of the Tebow thread I may jump off a short cliff. C'mon man, really? :tup:

There's homers like Menudo... then... there's this. Wow. :wacko:

+1k

shut up if you don't include Stafford. Pretty simple really.

totally agree with you here. There is a lot on the line Sunday night. More then just the division for JG and Romo. If Romo plays his way to a win it will go along way for his perception. If he loses and plays poorly it will do A LOT of damage.

You mean if Romo leads the Cowboys to a win over a tough NY Giants team? OK, what if he leads them to a win vs pretty mediocre Giants team that's lost 5 of its last 7 and been torched by pretty much every QB not named Mark Sanchez over the last month+? Because that's who they're playing.

The Giants and Cowboys are playing for the right to be the team that both the Falcons and Lions are hoping they get in the play-offs.

Not sure if that, in and of itself, buys you a whole hell of a lot of cred.

+1.

Romo can lose more credibility here with a loss, but he does not gain much with a victory over the G-men (his lifetime playoff record will still be 1-3). As talented as the Cowboys are, they have not been able to turn the raw talent into wins, and they have frittered away far too many games this year. The Giants, howver, were not picked by many folks to do much this year (at ESPN only one of 12 analysts picked NYG to make the playoffs, while five of 12 picked the Cowboys, though admittedly everyone was ga-ga over the Eagles in the preseason) and here in Week 17 they are still alive.

Yes, a road win over the Giants in Week 17 gets the Cowboys in the playoffs, but on paper the Cowboys ought to be clobbering the Giants. Yet at this moment the Cowboys are 3-point underdogs to the G-Men, at least according to Vegas oddsmakers.

If Dallas loses to the Giants it will be because of the D and not Romo. I also dont buy that the Giants or Dallas will be the sacrificial lamb to Det/Atl. Detlef, you are on a little high horse due to the 49ers finally putting a decent year together. Dont forget it was Romo that came back and beat you at home with one lung. Any given sunday brother. You won a division that includes all sub .500 teams. Not hating on the 49ers but the Saints and Pack will spank them just as easily as you say they will spank anyone from the east

If Dallas loses to the Giants it will be because of the D and not Romo. I also dont buy that the Giants or Dallas will be the sacrificial lamb to Det/Atl. Detlef, you are on a little high horse due to the 49ers finally putting a decent year together. Dont forget it was Romo that came back and beat you at home with one lung. Any given sunday brother. You won a division that includes all sub .500 teams. Not hating on the 49ers but the Saints and Pack will spank them just as easily as you say they will spank anyone from the east

Not really that high of a horse...

As a Niner fan, I want no freaking part of the Saints and am absolutely hoping they somehow crap the bed in the first round (assuming we get the bye). I'd love to be more confident about my team's chances against them, but I realistically can't.

Regardless, I was simply responding to a blind homer saying that beating the Giants would somehow be feather in the cap for Romo's legacy.

Edited by detlef

You mean if Romo leads the Cowboys to a win over a tough NY Giants team? OK, what if he leads them to a win vs pretty mediocre Giants team that's lost 5 of its last 7 and been torched by pretty much every QB not named Mark Sanchez over the last month+? Because that's who they're playing.

The Giants and Cowboys are playing for the right to be the team that both the Falcons and Lions are hoping they get in the play-offs.

Ohhhh, hold on there sparky. If the cowboys get passed the Giants let me tell you something, it will be the other way around. The cowboys o firing on all cylinders is very scary and we handled the lions save giving them three pick sixes. The lions have a much better Def front then the falcons and Stafford to megatron is more dangerous. If and I mean a Giant if, we go to NY and pound big blue, we go to the divisional playoff game in GB. And GBs d is very poor and they have yet to see an o with as many weapons as the cowboys.

First things first though. Beat them bums in blue!

Ohhhh, hold on there sparky. If the cowboys get passed the Giants let me tell you something, it will be the other way around. The cowboys o firing on all cylinders is very scary and we handled the lions save giving them three pick sixes. The lions have a much better Def front then the falcons and Stafford to megatron is more dangerous. If and I mean a Giant if, we go to NY and pound big blue, we go to the divisional playoff game in GB. And GBs d is very poor and they have yet to see an o with as many weapons as the cowboys.

First things first though. Beat them bums in blue!

Are you saying for one second that the Falcons or Lions would rather play the Saints than the Cowboys? Yes or no will do.

Oh, and as far as "firing on all cylinders, are you implying that they are? They're 1-3 over the past month with that one win being against a Tampa team that absolutely everyone has been thrashing. They're 3-3 if you count a 1 pt win vs Miami and an OT win vs Washington.

Edited by detlef

Are you saying for one second that the Falcons or Lions would rather play the Saints than the Cowboys? Yes or no will do.

Oh, and as far as "firing on all cylinders, are you implying that they are? They're 1-3 over the past month with that one win being against a Tampa team that absolutely everyone has been thrashing. They're 3-3 if you count a 1 pt win vs Miami and an OT win vs Washington.

Uhhhh. No. What I am saying is the cowboys offense is really good and if our d could stop anyone we'd be far more dangerous then we are. Newman has clearly lost his ability to stay with recievers and our safeties are just not in position for some reason. What I'm.saying is the lions and falcons are going to have a tough go of it if they face the Cowboys in the first round of.the playoffs in dallas. I personally like our chances in either of those games more then I do Sunday.

The cowboys simply must win Sunday.

Uhhhh. No. What I am saying is the cowboys offense is really good and if our d could stop anyone we'd be far more dangerous then we are. Newman has clearly lost his ability to stay with recievers and our safeties are just not in position for some reason. What I'm.saying is the lions and falcons are going to have a tough go of it if they face the Cowboys in the first round of.the playoffs in dallas. I personally like our chances in either of those games more then I do Sunday.

The cowboys simply must win Sunday.

The winner of the Giants Cowboys game will be the most flawed team in the NFC play-offs. But let's get one thing straight, this whole sidetrack came about because I'm simply saying that, if beating the Giants on Sunday is a feather in Romo's cap, it says a lot about the lack of feathers he has. Because, in the big picture, it's beating a team that is simply not very good or consistent.

:wacko:

I'm not taking that bait.

? It matters in as much as it's a reflection on how prestigious a win it will be for the Cowboys. To beat an average team and, thus, be the team that everyone is hoping they get to play in the 1st round of the play-offs. Nothing more than that.

The winner of the Giants Cowboys game will be the most flawed team in the NFC play-offs. But let's get one thing straight, this whole sidetrack came about because I'm simply saying that, if beating the Giants on Sunday is a feather in Romo's cap, it says a lot about the lack of feathers he has. Because, in the big picture, it's beating a team that is simply not very good or consistent.

Its all about which D shows up for dallas. If Ryan can devise a plan to at least slow down the Giants I think we can beat them. I do have faith in the Cowboys offense. Once the playoffs start either of these teams have the fire power on O to hang but I think both of the defenses are very shaky . The Gaints pass rush is better. I would love for the Cowboys to beat the Giants just to get their hat in the ring and see what happens. If their D miraculously put some decent efforts together they could be a lot less of a push over than you think. All of this is meaningless until one of these teams wins sunday. I dont give 2 shits if the Lions or Falcons are licking their chops for the winner of this match up. Be careful what you wish for

? It matters in as much as it's a reflection on how prestigious a win it will be for the Cowboys. To beat an average team and, thus, be the team that everyone is hoping they get to play in the 1st round of the play-offs. Nothing more than that.

It means winning your division and making the playoffs. I dont really care who they beat to get there. I may have been off about your expectations of the 49ers in the playoffs but how prestigious is it that you only had to beat out the Cards, Seahawks and Rams to get in ?

It means winning your division and making the playoffs. I dont really care who they beat to get there. I may have been off about your expectations of the 49ers in the playoffs but how prestigious is it that you only had to beat out the Cards, Seahawks and Rams to get in ?

The Niners were 3-1 each vs the two other divisions that they played including the AFC North who may send 3 teams to the play-offs. So, yes, if they amassed a good record entirely on the strength of beating up on the NFC West, I'd get your point. But they didn't.

There are several QB's deserving of QB3 in this pro bowl for the NFC this year. Romo, Eli, and Stafford are all having very good years overall at the position but in the end it is a popularity contest.

Romo has to overcome the botch snap stigma which is tough, even though that ball was greased causing a rule change. (yes, I am a bitter Cowboy fan :wacko: ) That said, I have no issues with Eli making it this year.

Lots of players get snubbed given there are not that many positions to fill. The NFC has far better QB's overall than the AFC so this happens. No doubt a strong case can be made for all three so even if Romo did make it the other two would have a case.