[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Washington vs Baylor

theprofessor

Both teams have great offensive players but come on? You have 3 weeks to develop a scheme to stop an offense and both teams score at will? Both DC should be fired! The husky faithful have been calling for Holt's head now for weeks. It's time.

I have played this game on playstation several times....you just need to time out having the ball last...and you should win! no diff here..60-56

This would be a fitting swan song for him. The local media will have a hey day discussing it tomorrow.

The guy needs to go. You have 3 weeks to scheme and a team puts 67 on you? His players are always out of position. Always. Needs to get the ball back with 3 1/2 minutes left and he has 2 safety's playing 15-18 yards off the line of scrimmage? What a joke!

The guy needs to go. You have 3 weeks to scheme and a team puts 67 on you? His players are always out of position. Always. Needs to get the ball back with 3 1/2 minutes left and he has 2 safety's playing 15-18 yards off the line of scrimmage? What a joke!

I'm actually thinking Sarkisian might need to go too. That was an embarrassment. Really, for both schools. The total lack of effort on defense by either side was either astonishing or disgusting, I'm still not sure which adjective describes the feelings best.

Would it have killed them to call a few timeouts? I didn't watch the whole thing, but there was a 4th and short very early on that Baylor easily converted because Washington's D-line were all standing up and trying to figure out what was going on. I mean, that would be a pretty big stop right there, change of possession and all. I'm sure they know more about coaching than I do, but that seemed like a good time to call time out?

I'm actually thinking Sarkisian might need to go too. That was an embarrassment. Really, for both schools. The total lack of effort on defense by either side was either astonishing or disgusting, I'm still not sure which adjective describes the feelings best.

I think Sarkisian has done a good job, both in recruiting and in his play calling. The constant issue since Sark and Holt arrived in Montlake has been on the defensive side of the ball. Again, I'll go back to what I said earlier ... if you have 3 weeks to put together a scheme to stop an offense and they put 67 on you, there's a big problem with your DC. Keith Price had a tremendous performance last night accounting for 7 touchdowns and to think it wasn't enough?

That game was unbelievable. I like to see scoring but that was a little overboard. Both teams scored way too easily. It doesn't make sense to score 56 points in a championship game and still lose....by double digits. :wacko: And the winning team should not be throwing gatorade on their coach when they have put up 60 points but still need a touchdown to seal the win. It was a college/arena league game. Ganaway is probably still running untouched up the middle.

I think Sarkisian has done a good job, both in recruiting and in his play calling.

Sark's responsibility is for the football team, not just recruiting or offense or play calling. What happened last night was bad enough, embarrassing enough, to indict the entire program, not just one side of the team. We already know he's not going anywhere, so it's up to him to sever ties with Nick Holt and move forward, but the onus is on him to fix the whole thing, not just hope you outscore everyone.

Sark's responsibility is for the football team, not just recruiting or offense or play calling. What happened last night was bad enough, embarrassing enough, to indict the entire program, not just one side of the team. We already know he's not going anywhere, so it's up to him to sever ties with Nick Holt and move forward, but the onus is on him to fix the whole thing, not just hope you outscore everyone.

I agree with everything you said. The word is that Holt and the DB coach have been fired today. I haven't seen any confirmation yet.