[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commish Question

ronkronk

in a league with no playoffs (top 3 in record and points get paid), have an owner who never took forte out of his lineup.

as commish, i thought i had kept an eye on his matchups and thought he was playing teams out of contention...but i was mistaken.

2 weeks ago, he got crushed by team in 1st, lost by 40+

he is now set to play 2nd place team to end year.

the team in 1st is demanding he adjust his lineup. the team in second is saying "no way", since the other guy got the benefit of dead roster spot.

i am torn. in past, playing a guy who is out has not meant the lineup can never be adjusted later on.

any thoughts on what is fair?

What's the deal with the owner who hasn't set his lineup? This shouldn't be between 1st and 2nd and what's fair, it should be about the deadbeat.

Since it's too late now, I don't think you can force the change... 1st place wasn't crying about it when he played him, so he has no leg to stand on now. It should have been addressed from the get go and never been allowed to keep him in, or you have to let it go all the way.

Messed up situation, but I think you need to keep Forte out of the line-up since you missed it last week. Then go take a hard palm to the back of team 1 owner's head.

Opportunistic a-hole. If he cared about "doing the right thing" he'd have pointed out the Forte thing last week.

had a similar situation in my league last year. it caused quite a contraversy. i was co-commish and we ended up taking out the dead player. commish can't check every lineup every week. once people are aware of situtation, have to fix it. i'd be willing to bet the 1st place team knew he was playing a dead player and didn't say anything.

thanks for the advice!

it sucks the guy who pulled this is one of the few who shows up at draft every year w/ entry fee!

lol, doesn't help that 2nd place team owner married to 1st place team's ex-wife!!! :tup:

Guess that's why not too many show up at the draft - they're all out boinking the other guys wife.

I hope your location is Veteran's Administration, not my home state! :wacko: