[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Players to target for 2012

Whiskey Pimp

I know it's early for this but this season is fresh in our minds now so I usually like to start a bit of a list of players I want to keep an eye on during the offseason in hopes of targeting them in my drafts. I'm not necessarily looking for 1st or 2nd round picks but those that would be looked at a bit later.

As soon as the "sleeper" lists come out during training camps, OTA's, etc the sleepers are no longer sleepers and everyone starts talking about them and the value quickly disappears. Who are some players you plan on keeping an eye on and targeting for a big 2012?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The WR2 for the Carolina Panthers might be worth a look, whomever it turns out to be.

I'd be curious to see what Titus Young can do with a full offseason of working with Stafford.

I'll be really curious to see what Young's ADP is going into redrafts next year... Since Megatron likely gets picked in the top half of the 1st Rd (12 teamers) in many leagues, Young could be a nice consolation w/ upside after, say, Rd 7 or 8 (maybe I'm smokin' it & he doesn't last that long)

K Bell from Bears

As much as it pains me to say it, being a Bears fan and a fan of Forte's, I think they may let Forte walk. Bell has pretty much the same skill-set as Forte and will come a whole hell of a lot cheaper. I wish the Bears would pay Forte what he's worth. :wacko:

In a dynasty league where I own Forte, I got Bell right before Week 16 (surprised he was even available in a 16-teamer) and with Forte only having this year left in terms of my contracts, I should have actually given Bell more than the 2 years I assigned him. He may actually be the starter in 2012.

As much as it pains me to say it, being a Bears fan and a fan of Forte's, I think they may let Forte walk. Bell has pretty much the same skill-set as Forte and will come a whole hell of a lot cheaper. I wish the Bears would pay Forte what he's worth. :wacko:

In a dynasty league where I own Forte, I got Bell right before Week 16 (surprised he was even available in a 16-teamer) and with Forte only having this year left in terms of my contracts, I should have actually given Bell more than the 2 years I assigned him. He may actually be the starter in 2012.

I fully agree Darin

Mikel Leshore

THIS.

Detroit in super hungry to win as much as they can as soon as they can, if Best can't stay healthy(which i assume he can't) Leshore may be a steal. As an MSU student i saw him a lot last season in Big 10 play and he looked pretty impressive.

THIS.

Detroit in super hungry to win as much as they can as soon as they can, if Best can't stay healthy(which i assume he can't) Leshore may be a steal. As an MSU student i saw him a lot last season in Big 10 play and he looked pretty impressive.

I would agree pre-injury, but I would temper expectaions until he is fully recovered , an Achilles injury esp to a RB is very difficult to recover from hardly ever 100 percent, more difficult than an ACL, just to ever regain full flexability in any part of your foot is magnified at RB.

Three of my hidden gems next year that Im looking at with the most athletic upside, and ability to move into a starting role at some point during the season....

Alex Green (GB) - Drafted in the 3rd last year and quickly injured and IRd, I like the upside here since he is already more talented than any other RB on this roster. Starks, Greant.... if you ever actually watched in Hawaii ball, it was clear that Green was the entire game plan.

Ryan Williams (AR) - early 2nd rounder last year for a reason, I like this V-Techs running style and he runs much bigger than his 5'9" - 207lb frame would suggest. Again, favorable situation on the current depth chart, Beanie is never healthy, but even if he were to have a total injury free breakout year next year, I would still suggest trying to roster Ryan Williams esp in ppr leagues.

Daniel Thomas (Mi) - Drafted at the end of the 2nd last year, he has fallen off most of the radar since Bush has done so well in assuming that starting role, but will he sustain it.

In keeper leagues obviously more value, but here is another RB that I would like to roster later in most drafts, since Im just looking for those stash and hold with the highest upside in leagues with larger bench.

Edited by typhus

most of those guys are likely rostered already in most dynasty, but a warning-guess... josh mcd becomes OC in KC and brings brandon lloyd with him really reducing baldwin's value.

Agreed most should be on a roster but decent potential targets.

I actually think Baldwin's value will be more a function of D. Bowe among other factors. Flynn was probably the most intriguing player on my list as he is a FA so it will be interesting to see how the Packers deal with his situation. He is NFL ready to take over as evidenced by him smashing 2 Packer records today.