[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vehicle wash

nuke'em ttg

Takin care of the vehicle  

40 members have voted

1. 1. where

• Power Wash joint
    • Drive thru
    • at home
  2. 2. How many tacos

• under 5
    • 5-10
    • 10-20
    • over 20 f'n tacos
    • Buy years worth pass
  3. 3. How often average

• weekly, no matter what
    • just when it needs it
    • wait until it's really bad
    • puddy
  4. 4. Do you hand wax during the year

• yes
    • nfw

Wisconsin. If I wash it any time between October and March, it's filthy the next day. So definitely a good drive thru after winter to get the salt off the bottom. After that, only when it gets really bad.

I let the guys at Mister take care of it. Undercarriage, full wax, whole nine yards every time I take it there. There's so much salt on the roads in Minny you can't wait to clear it off or you'll reduce the useful life significantly.

I get the "buy 4 get the 5th free" deal.

Living in Jersey, waiting for it to rain was almost always enough. Rain water is so different in the desert, now when it rains you have to wash the car the next day or you can't see through the windshield.

I "detail" it myself. Wash/clean/polish/wax and/or sealant. I try to wash it every week in the summer and every other week in the winter. Wax and/or seal it twice a year.

Its a hobby.

I cringe when I drive by the local Jax and see the attendants sanding down a nice car after it has been scoured and beaten with wet, dirty mops.

Edited by Furd

I "detail" it myself. Wash/clean/polish/wax and/or sealant. I try to wash it every week in the summer and every other week in the winter. Wax and/or seal it twice a year.

Its a hobby.

I cringe when I drive by the local Jax and see the attendants sanding down a nice car after it has been scoured and beaten with wet, dirty mops.

+1

It may be a touch expensive, but the Zaino family of products is hands down the best stuff out there.

One of the many perks of the Honda Odyssey is 12 free car washes at the local car wash. I almost use them all in the winter. An extra fiver gets the inside rug vacuumed, windows washed, and console wiped clean too. Can't beat it. There is a cheap automatic spray drive through that I hit at other times.

+1

It may be a touch expensive, but the Zaino family of products is hands down the best stuff out there.

Well, its really good stuff, (I have a garage full of their products and still use some of them.) And its not that expensive since you use so little of it at a time.

But I don't like the way it looks on a black car. I switched to Blackfire Wet Diamond.

I'll go back to the Zaino if my next car isn't a dark color.

Company car (Yukon XL). It big and it gets dirty. 90% of the time I go to the best drive thru and get the works $10. I use their vacuum for free. Their wash even armour alls the tires and has a fragrance with one of the soaps so I turn on the a/c full while I go through.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby