[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mendenhall

CaptainHook

Serious knee injury according NBC.

Ryan Clark will also not play due to the altitude.

I knew the Mendenhall news would be bad. Redman really isn't much of a drop-off, if he learns to hold onto the damn ball. Where it really hurts is in depth. John Clay has looked pretty solid, but, he has been the NFL all of two games. Being without Mendenhall and Moore is going to hurt.

Having Clark out due to the altitude will hurt even more. He is having his best season by far. He will never be great in coverage, but, he is awesome in the running game, and is actually leading the team in tackles.

Clark's situation is truly a shame. Lucky for Denver, they "earned" that homefield advantage over the Steelers. :wacko:

I knew the Mendenhall news would be bad. Redman really isn't much of a drop-off, if he learns to hold onto the damn ball. Where it really hurts is in depth. John Clay has looked pretty solid, but, he has been the NFL all of two games. Being without Mendenhall and Moore is going to hurt.

Why Clay isn't at the very least a #2 is beyond me. I watched him every week playing for Wisconsin and he is really good, much better than some of the RBs I have seen this year.

Why Clay isn't at the very least a #2 is beyond me. I watched him every week playing for Wisconsin and he is really good, much better than some of the RBs I have seen this year.

He's definitely shown some promise the last two weeks. I keep thinking of the line from "Coming To America" every time he gets the balls. "His mamma called him Clay.....Imma call him Clay"

He needs to keep his weight under control and really work at his conditioning. I think he ran a horrible 40 at his pro day which hurt him.

He needs to keep his weight under control and really work at his conditioning. I think he ran a horrible 40 at his pro day which hurt him.

Actually, I think his pro day 40 was one of his personal best ever. He's not the fleetest of foot. Plus, I want to say he was coming off an ankle injury.

He's a good back. I think he'll do ok with the Steelers.I'm not sure if he'll ever be a stud, but serviceable.

He's from the area I live and grew up. He went to the same high school, so we hear about him all the time.

Actually, I think his pro day 40 was one of his personal best ever. He's not the fleetest of foot. Plus, I want to say he was coming off an ankle injury.

He's a good back. I think he'll do ok with the Steelers.I'm not sure if he'll ever be a stud, but serviceable.

He's from the area I live and grew up. He went to the same high school, so we hear about him all the time.

I still think he could outperform some of the useless wastes of space that have an NFL gig. Blount, for one.

Im not overly concerned about the Mendy injury. I've watched every minute of all the steelers games this year and have found very little drop off from Mendy to Redman. I think if Redman gets the ball 15-18 times a game, he will be at least as effective as Mendy has been. Either way, It would take a miracle for the Broncos to pull out a win playing their style of ball.

Im not overly concerned about the Mendy injury. I've watched every minute of all the steelers games this year and have found very little drop off from Mendy to Redman. I think if Redman gets the ball 15-18 times a game, he will be at least as effective as Mendy has been. Either way, It would take a miracle for the Broncos to pull out a win playing their style of ball.

Then the Steelers are screwed. Tebow specializes in miracles.

The only thing that worries me about Redman taking over the rock is the fumbles from the last game. Before that he has been rock solid and I have been wanting to see more and more of him. Clay has looked very good in his very small window to show it but like Menudo mentions, it is the lack of depth that worries me at this point.

Per Rotoworld:

Rashard Mendenhall's right knee injury has been officially diagnosed as a torn ACL.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Mendenhall's knee sustained no other damage, and that he will undergo surgery in 1-2 weeks. The news dings Pittsburgh's hopes of advancing through an AFC Playoffs sure to be fraught with inclement weather, but is hardly a death blow for the Steelers' pass-heavy offense. Mendenhall surpassed 20 carries in a game just once all season, and was at times outplayed by Isaac Redman. Although his injury is less severe than Adrian Peterson's, Mendenhall will be in a race against time to be ready for Week 1 2012, and is a candidate to begin the year on the PUP list.

I like Mendy and he's not a bad RB. People keep on saying he was awful this year. Looking at stats alone it would appear not to be the cast. He had less rushing attempts and played one less game but statistical he wasn't much less then the two season passed. Pittsburgh has been spoiled by Great RB after Great RB. He's also been used less in the back field as a passing RB then in previous years partly because of Wallace and the emergence of Brown and not to mention the hits the o-line has taken. He became even more of a blocking back needing to protect Big Ben and his pocket insanity.

Edited by Seahawk

My condolences to Mendenhall and to the Steelers and their fans. This injury, along with a hobbled Roethlisberger may give Denver a slight chance.

A slight chance at what? Smelling the jock strap of a playoff win? I REALLY dislike the Steelers and would love nothing more than to see them bet Tebowed, but the only thing the Bronco's deserve to be doing this weekend is couch :wacko: ing

I hate the Steelers and I'm no Bronco fan or Tebow disciple. I find it amusing how many people are giving the Broncos so little chance, and thinking the Steelers will crush them. Have these people actually watched the Steelers play this year? How many times have they thoroughly beaten an oppoonent? Two games against the pathetic Browns and each time the Browns are in it most of the way. Their defense isn't as dominant as it used to be, and the offense has become very pass oriented but has struggles actually putting up points.

The Broncos seem to get beat when you score a lot quickly, or make Tebow have a lot of mistakes. Sure either could happen, but its just as likely that DEN is down late in the game by 7 points or less and can pull out a miracle.

Menudo made some remark about the Broncos earning their home game, they sure did they won their division. If the Steelers wanted to host a game they should have done the same, or petition the NFL to be moved to a weaker division. Or ask the NFL to change the rules more to their liking so that playoff seeding is more to their liking.

Menudo made some remark about the Broncos earning their home game, they sure did they won their division. If the Steelers wanted to host a game they should have done the same, or petition the NFL to be moved to a weaker division. Or ask the NFL to change the rules more to their liking so that playoff seeding is more to their liking.

Ouch.

Have these people actually watched the Steelers play this year? How many times have they thoroughly beaten an oppoonent? Two games against the pathetic Browns and each time the Browns are in it most of the way. Their defense isn't as dominant as it used to be, and the offense has become very pass oriented but has struggles actually putting up points.

Exactly...the Steelers haven't done a damn thing this year to give anyone any reason to fear them. No, the Broncos aren't world beaters by any means, but what would make anybody think that the Steelers would all of a sudden have the ability to put any NFL team away? Only two wins this year that you could call impressive (NE & Cincy) both at home...no solid wins at all on the road. This will be a low scoring game (O/U set at 35, which is extremely low). If they can cover Antonio Brown & Mike Wallace, Denver has a chance, believe me.

A slight chance at what? Smelling the jock strap of a playoff win? I REALLY dislike the Steelers and would love nothing more than to see them bet Tebowed, but the only thing the Bronco's deserve to be doing this weekend is couch :wacko: ing

:tup:

I don't give DEN much of a chance against a playoff tested PIT team, but to think that there is literally no chance at all, with Mendenhall and Clark out and Big Ben severely hobbled - his QB rating is well under 70 since he got hurt - in the face of DEN's pass rush (if Miller can get past playing with that freakin' club), knowing that PIT barely snuck by KC & CLE and got smashed by SF in their last 3 road games, seems kind of foolhardy don't you think? If OC McCoy will get his head out of his arse and Tebow will show a little internal fortitude and risk throwing the ball downfield some - DEN has a puncher's chance, IMO.

If DEN didn't deserve it, then someone else in the AFC West should have stepped up & taken it from them.

Tebow's last three games.

If PIT watches the KC game, the PIT DEF could very well win the game on their own.

Okay, we all agree that Denver won't score many points...but the Steeler have to score to be able to ice the game, not sure they can do that. All I'm saying is that I expect a close game. Those expecting a Steeler's blowout, I don't see it happening.

Okay, we all agree that Denver won't score many points...but the Steeler have to score to be able to ice the game, not sure they can do that. All I'm saying is that I expect a close game. Those expecting a Steeler's blowout, I don't see it happening.

I've watched several of PITs recent games (both CLE games, well parts of them as well as the SF game), and I just don't see them playing dominant football. I realize the Broncos have regressed some the last few as well, but at home with a playoff atmosphere, I could see them getting back to midseason form and giving the Steelers a good battle.