[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

well after 12 years -

frenzal rhomb

cant believe it - but I just walked. Some of you may have read that I pssed some (2) people off in my league by trading Foster for Felix Jones and a third round pick in 2012. The trade was within the rules and offered to anyone and only one guy accepted - this was hashed out on another thread.

Well, yesterday I learn that the two guys (one is the commish) who did the btching about the trade put in a new rule to bar this from happening without consulting the league - we have voted on everything from the inception regarding rule changes.

I toook the advice from here and proposed possibly pushing up the trade deadline or allowing players to be kept longer than one year after drafting them. Another guy proposed that if keepers are traded, the recipient would have to pay the inverse dollar amount per round ( example, a first rounder would cost 17.00, a second rounder 16 all the way to a 17th for 1.00)

I was told "democracy doesnt work" and thats it. Told them if this wasnt open for a vote I would walk and was shown the door.

Thanks guys for the memories

cant believe it - but I just walked. Some of you may have read that I pssed some (2) people off in my league by trading Foster for Felix Jones and a third round pick in 2012. The trade was within the rules and offered to anyone and only one guy accepted - this was hashed out on another thread.

Well, yesterday I learn that the two guys (one is the commish) who did the btching about the trade put in a new rule to bar this from happening without consulting the league - we have voted on everything from the inception regarding rule changes.

I toook the advice from here and proposed possibly pushing up the trade deadline or allowing players to be kept longer than one year after drafting them. Another guy proposed that if keepers are traded, the recipient would have to pay the inverse dollar amount per round ( example, a first rounder would cost 17.00, a second rounder 16 all the way to a 17th for 1.00)

I was told "democracy doesnt work" and thats it. Told them if this wasnt open for a vote I would walk and was shown the door.

Thanks guys for the memories

I am in almost the exact same position. 12 yrs. as well. The rules apply to me but can be changed for others if your in the group of the good buddies/family. votes on some things not on others. I know some or maybe most of the league are members here so I hope they read this. I didn't quit yet but if I am tired of getting ignored by the commissioner or told to quit your bitchin' and shut up. Maybe next time I see this "commish" I will shut him up because there's something about his face that makes me want to put my fist through it. Good luck to you if you have other leagues or go to another.

I already have seven lined up for another league and that was all committed just during the holidays. Peace.

"........................ Maybe next time I see this "commish" I will shut him up because there's something about his face that makes me want to put my fist through it. ............................... Peace."

That choice of farewell at the end was ... priceless!

:wacko:

my issue is this - we voted on every change forever. Now Im told democracy doesnt work and that the way it is, if you dont like it, find another league.

what happens week 2 next year and the commish gets his panties in a bunch - is it another change mid year and too bad if you dont like it.

I dont want to be hasty here but before I give formal notice, does everyone agree this a BS move and time to go??

my issue is this - we voted on every change forever. Now Im told democracy doesnt work and that the way it is, if you dont like it, find another league.

what happens week 2 next year and the commish gets his panties in a bunch - is it another change mid year and too bad if you dont like it.

I dont want to be hasty here but before I give formal notice, does everyone agree this a BS move and time to go??

As a Commish there are some minor moves that I would make unilaterally, but anything involving a major change of rules just HAS to go up for a vote. It's only common sense. It's too bad that they gave you an ultimatum (get on board or leave). You should have pulled a Jerry Maguire and see who you could have gotten to leave with you.

As a Commish there are some minor moves that I would make unilaterally, but anything involving a major change of rules just HAS to go up for a vote. It's only common sense. It's too bad that they gave you an ultimatum (get on board or leave). You should have pulled a Jerry Maguire and see who you could have gotten to leave with you.

Same here & I take it a step further. If any owner disagrees with a decision then it comes up to a vote.

I am in almost the exact same position. 12 yrs. as well. The rules apply to me but can be changed for others if your in the group of the good buddies/family. votes on some things not on others. I know some or maybe most of the league are members here so I hope they read this. I didn't quit yet but if I am tired of getting ignored by the commissioner or told to quit your bitchin' and shut up. Maybe next time I see this "commish" I will shut him up because there's something about his face that makes me want to put my fist through it. Good luck to you if you have other leagues or go to another.

I already have seven lined up for another league and that was all committed just during the holidays. Peace.

Believe it or not - these guys are actually good friends, we go on yearly golf trips etc so I didnt want to make a stink and try to blow it up. If they want to see a guy leave whos always competitve, submits a lineup and pays his dues up front, more power to them. The two that are being the biggest babies lost in the first round of the playoffs. I may just bag the FF thing for a year cause this was a really good league and I cant see finding a better one.

They claim what they are doing is for the good of the league, if thats the case i dont see why it cant be put to a vote. Its just too bad, take it or leave it. I may even support what they did but the fact that they are acting this way is something I dont want to be a party to. Like I said, once it happens the first time, whos to stop it a second and a third. I just hope I dont lose friendships over this

Believe it or not - these guys are actually good friends, we go on yearly golf trips etc so I didnt want to make a stink and try to blow it up. If they want to see a guy leave whos always competitve, submits a lineup and pays his dues up front, more power to them. The two that are being the biggest babies lost in the first round of the playoffs. I may just bag the FF thing for a year cause this was a really good league and I cant see finding a better one.

They claim what they are doing is for the good of the league, if thats the case i dont see why it cant be put to a vote. Its just too bad, take it or leave it. I may even support what they did but the fact that they are acting this way is something I dont want to be a party to. Like I said, once it happens the first time, whos to stop it a second and a third. I just hope I dont lose friendships over this

The same treatment has happened over and over for me so you may very well be in for more if you stay.

I really like a few of the guys in this league and that would make it hard plus everyone is active in a competitive league and there are some good, funny e-mails taking shots at each other most of the year. But....Changing rules is not something you should have to put up with mid-season, especially if there is no vote at least. If you want to keep it friendly then just walk away and take a break from it.

This doesn't sound like a midseason rules change as much as a "We're in charge, so we're making this change for next season and you have no say" change.

Do you want to be in a dictatorship of a league? That's really the only question. Democracy clearly does not work for these guys because they don't agree with certain votes and want to control the way the league is played, like they own it.

If you don't want to be involved in this situation but want to maintain the league, send out a well crafted league email and offer to start a second league where democracy does rule. You would just have to run it.

This doesn't sound like a midseason rules change as much as a "We're in charge, so we're making this change for next season and you have no say" change.

Do you want to be in a dictatorship of a league? That's really the only question. Democracy clearly does not work for these guys because they don't agree with certain votes and want to control the way the league is played, like they own it.

If you don't want to be involved in this situation but want to maintain the league, send out a well crafted league email and offer to start a second league where democracy does rule. You would just have to run it.

thats exactly what it is - we voted on the most minute of details for fifteen years and as a matter of fact the commish was quoted by the other guys as saying "democracy doesnt work"

Im gonna miss the league but Im not playing in a dictatorship - this is step one and now the gates have opened to do it again and Id rather just not play

A commissioner should neither be everyone's bitch, which can happen if he doesn't put his foot down every now and then, nor should he be a dictator.

It's a fine line that almost everyone understands. Just not everyone it seems.

A commissioner should neither be everyone's bitch, which can happen if he doesn't put his foot down every now and then, nor should he be a dictator.

It's a fine line that almost everyone understands. Just not everyone it seems.

so are you saying because he didnt take advantage of a trade offer and then got beat cause he didnt - he should implement significant rule changes to his favor?

Just curious, why give Foster away?

Players can only be kept one year in my league and I would have to release Foster back into the pool for redraft in 2012. Despite having the second most points I was already eliminated in our head to head format so I was basically sitting on a lame duck team with a lame duck running back.

Looking to improve my team for next yea, I offered to trade Foster for a running back and next years third round draft pick to the entire league. They get help now - I get better next year and all well within the rules. I only received one offer for Foster and that team went on to win it all.

So basically, I gave Foster this year to be better next year . Plus I would have had a chance to get him back in the draft in 2012

Just curious, why give Foster away?

In that thread, IIRC, he traded Foster away because he was ineligible to be kept next year, where as he could keep Felix (this was pre-injury and pre-Murray blowing up for a few weeks) plus add an extra 3rd rounder next year.

Essentially he took an expected decrease in production this year for a much better position next year, a pretty typical keeper league move. On top of that, he made essentially the same offer to every team in the league, and this was the only team to respond.

In that thread, IIRC, he traded Foster away because he was ineligible to be kept next year, where as he could keep Felix (this was pre-injury and pre-Murray blowing up for a few weeks) plus add an extra 3rd rounder next year.

Essentially he took an expected decrease in production this year for a much better position next year, a pretty typical keeper league move. On top of that, he made essentially the same offer to every team in the league, and this was the only team to respond.

well said

Nothing you did was wrong according to the rules. I would think the Commish would put forth a simple rule change that forbids trades once eliminated if it is such a big deal or institute a trade deadline but that is next years business.

Very poor Commish in my view. Sounds like he is making decisions based on emotions, his or another owners, but in the end a Commish needs to administer the rules or the intent of the rules and leave out the emotions that result from legal actions by owners.

Oh well, while it is tough to leave a long standing league, principles should override time and this case you are doing what is best.

The Commish needs to be fired and anytime a major issue pops up, that should ultimately be decided by the league. I am surprised this is the first instance this type of move has been made as it should not come as any surprise to any owner.

Good Luck

Edited by Ice1

Nothing you did was wrong according to the rules. I would think the Commish would put forth a simple rule change that forbids trades once eliminated if it is such a big deal or institute a trade deadline but that is next years business.

Very poor Commish in my view. Sounds like he is making decisions based on emotions, his or another owners, but in the end a Commish needs to administer the rules or the intent of the rules and leave out the emotions that result from legal actions by owners.

Oh well, while it is tough to leave a long standing league, principles should override time and this case you are doing what is best.

The Commish needs to be fired and anytime a major issue pops up, that should ultimately be decided by the league. I am surprised this is the first instance this type of move has been made as it should not come as any surprise to any owner.

Good Luck

thanks its not - and the topper is one of the two whiners actually swapped one of next years draft picks 9 for a 12 in order to move up in the waiver wire priority order this year when Murraygot hurt.

Sucks to lose the continuity/history you have with a league. And amazing how hard it seems to be to get at least 10 or 12 worthwhile people to agree on a league format and rules, even if they are basic.

Exactly why I am having a hard time when I think about leaving mine. I will have this new one besides but the money will be much less for what it's worth. $100? entry vs. the $400 for the one now. I may do both for a year but I should have gotten out about 6 yrs. ago when some collusion was obvious. It's not blatant, but secretive and obvious. Again, I do like most of the guys it's just toooooo much bullAthena every year that takes away from the fun.