[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Polians out in Indy

Lloyd Dobler

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, no better football mind in the business than Chris Polian. :wacko:

They won't be unemployed for long. Bill Polian is a great GM. He has a terrible temper and is not good at P.R., but his talent scouting and talent evaluations are unmatched.

It could be worse. We could have Jerry Jones.

They won't be unemployed for long. Bill Polian is a great GM. He has a terrible temper and is not good at P.R., but his talent scouting and talent evaluations are unmatched.

It could be worse. We could have Jerry Jones.

My X-Mas present is AJ Smith is fired and we bring in Bill Polian. My god you could not contain my excitement!!!!!

The problem is Polian has slowly been edging towards retirement. His son has been taking over, and rumors are that he is not qualified.

Same thing here in SD with Sponoz JR. He's apparently being groomed as the next GM but I think he needs a few more years. Might be hard to actually get a bonafied GM with that in mind. Yeah...things are screwed up here in SD.

Yep....it was part of a Colian report but that was never verified. My bad.

For the record, I think he should get 1 more year.

Why? This team has only gotten worse with him as head coach. His two boneheaded timeouts last year against Jacksonville and in the playoffs against the Jets should have had him fired alone. Defense and special teams have been worse. The offense isn't exactly his fault, but the team hasn't progressed in any phase since he took over. He's a nice guy, but not a good coach.

Why? This team has only gotten worse with him as head coach. His two boneheaded timeouts last year against Jacksonville and in the playoffs against the Jets should have had him fired alone. Defense and special teams have been worse. The offense isn't exactly his fault, but the team hasn't progressed in any phase since he took over. He's a nice guy, but not a good coach.

Every coach makes boneheaded moves. Hell look at the Cowboys for example. I just think he wasnt' given a full deck to play with.

My gut tells me that Irsay pays Peyton Manning AND drafts Andrew Luck.

This.

Luck needs only look at Rodgers to see the benefits and that was without Favre being helpful to him. I don't see Manning acting the same way, so imagine what Luck could be with his natural talent AND Manning teaching him all the tricks.

Best case scenario: Peyton has 3 years of top notch football left.

Worse case scenario: He's done.

Most likely scenario: Somewhere in-between. Peyton will never go on another Iron Man streak. Why not have a top QB waiting and learning in the wings? One that can fill in when Peyton gets another injury.

The only problem is the massive cap hit that the Colts will have to take when they do let Manning go, whether that be 1-3 years from now.

Well happy as I am to see that overrated toad gone, it's also a careful what you ask for kinda thing. Have to wonder who they will bring in. But maybe now we'll actually build/get a defense and running game worth a flip.

For the record, I think he should get 1 more year.

For the record, lol. He was a joke of a choice and an obvious placeholder who added zero to this team, in fact detracted from it. His only redeeming feature was that he would not get in Manning's way.

Man I would love to see Cowher or Fischer at HC but doubt it will happen. I have heard Sherman's name mentioned.

My gut tells me that Irsay pays Peyton Manning AND drafts Andrew Luck.

I hope so and they should but it seems too much to ask.

The only problem is the massive cap hit that the Colts will have to take when they do let Manning go, whether that be 1-3 years from now.

If they wait to let go of him they get nothing or very little for him plus his effect on their cap. Don't get me wrong I think they keep Manning and Draft Luck. Maybe they restructure his contract ?

because you've tied up a lot of resources in two players. If the team traded 1.01, then they could get enough good players to help Peyton. Otherwise, Peyton's just going to make the team a barely playoff team and then when Luck takes over, he'll be in the same position. If the team used the $36 mil that they'd pay Peyton next year on good FAs to help Luck, then Luck will have better success.

And what if Peyton is done? And you've traded away the pick that gets you the best QB to come out of college in a long time?