[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MSU vs UGA

Infinity

Hard not to blame Richt for that loss. Only needed a FG in the first overtime and was content with running 2 plays without gaining any yardage to kick a 42 yard field goal which missed narrowly to the right. If he would have just gained 5 yards the kick was good and the game was over.

Hard not to blame Richt for that loss. Only needed a FG in the first overtime and was content with running 2 plays without gaining any yardage to kick a 42 yard field goal which missed narrowly to the right. If he would have just gained 5 yards the kick was good and the game was over.

It is what it is. We almost blew it a few times but our Defensive line played like animals today

Georgia gave this game away. All respect to MSU for hanging in there and persevering, but UGA just kept letting them back in the game instead of closing it out when they should have. That's always been the downfall of Georgia teams, they don't know how to close out games... Alot of that is due to coaching.

Edited by millerx

Amazing game to watch. Georgia put together an incredible effort. Respect there but my Spartans showed some serious skill beat an SEC Division champion

Congrats on the win. They may have been a Division winner but they were the 5th best team in the SEC.

Lsu

Bama

Arkansas

South Carolina

Georgia

In case you were wondering about the 4 above them.

Congrats on the win. They may have been a Division winner but they were the 5th best team in the SEC.

Lsu

Bama

Arkansas

South Carolina

Georgia

In case you were wondering about the 4 above them.

That's fine by me. MSU should have been big ten champs, gave the game to Wisconsin with that roughing the kicker. But that's old news at this point. For some reason(probably most other teams losing their bowl games) people hate on the bigten, i think we deserve more respect then we get though.

I think next year Georgia is a great team, they have a ton of returning talent. I think SC might be interchangeable with Georgia as the 4th/5th spots this season, especially with Lattimore out. With him healthy SC is probably better though.

Maybe MSU gets some respect and everyone realizes that Michigan isn't the best team in Michigan anymore. but hey i take it with a grain of salt. I'm going to enjoy the win. Was a very hard fought game though

I agree and Michigan State, even with their horrible start, was the better team.
:wacko: A triple overtime game and you come away with they were the better team... I guess you have your opinion and I have mine, but reality is they were evenly matched and one team had better coaching and kicker who could hit average yardage fieldgoals. Had Georgia won, I would say they were the better team today, but if they played 10 games I would say say they might win only 5 or 6 of them. Edited by millerx

I agree Michigan St should have been in the Rose Bowl, bad call on the punt. I thought Michigan St was the best team in the Big Ten this year also.

I mean, everything happens for a reason. Even if Michigan wins tomorrow(which would kill me, because they don't deserve that bowl game at all) I still think MSU beat the best opponent in a bowl game. Not many wins in the bigten this season, but i still think Georgia > Va Tech

That was inexcusable. As was not even making MSU punt the ball to a kid who'd already returned one for a TD at the end of the 1st half. They could have stopped the clock with, I think, more than 30 seconds remaining after MSU failed on 3rd down. But they let them off the hook.

Congrats to Sparty!!

That being said... aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggg

ghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt, I hate Mark Richt!!!!!

Ok... I have a lot of ideas about what happened, but let me say first, Sparty's D is better than I ever could have imagined. Gholston seemed like he was unblocked all day... wait, upon further review, he was unblocked, a number of times, our O-line just missed him, "go on by young man, have at it..." Then when they did attempt to block him, they'd double him and allow the blitzing linebacker, corner, safety to just waltz into the backfield... Hey, Richt, I have a brilliant freaking idea, try blocking him with one guy before you decide to go all double team on him.

We seemingly chose not to play our matchups, Orson Charles didn't touch the ball once. This guy may be the best tight end in the NCAA, seriously, great hands, damn near receiver speed... No need to try and match him up against the slower linebackers of Sparty, no need to get him out for quick routes with all of the pressure coming off the edge and up the middle. Let's not make any adjustments to keep the D from pinning their ears back and coming at us, screen passes are so 1990's...

4th and 1, you can't convert a freaking 4th and one. No, no, you can't when you run into the teeth of a defense that has been stopping the run all day, real creativity.

My only complaint on defense is that they allowed Commings to play soft all day... Zone coverage with the safety over top, 2nd/3rd and whatever Commings had to play soft, giving just enough cushion for the receiver to get first down yardage. Play it aggressive, that's what the safety over top is there for, jump the goddamn route, you fu(king schmuck...

Also, whatever you do don't make any adjustments at the half, or in the third when your getting your ass handed to you. I have never seen a team that melts down more in the second half (Texas A&M, excluded.) I don't know what happens, the coaches just go in and say, "hey good job boys, have some gatorade, we're gonna go hit the buffet and we'll see you at the start of the second half..."

And the first OT... Why don't we run a stretch play to the left, gain two yards, now on second down center the ball in the field, lose three yards and on 3rd down send out our kicker, who, BTW, has sucked ALL YEAR FU(KING LONG, to kick a field goal... Mark, use your fu(king head, there is non need to play it safe here, Sparty didn't score, they didn't fu(king score... Try to get some yards, if you turn it over, guess what, IT DOESN"T FU(KING MATTER, SPARTY DIDN"T FU(KING SCORE, you go to the next overtime... god, he's such a bag of dicks.

And Crowell... Yank that worthless mother fu(kers scholarship... godddamn, Rosie O'Donnell ass, no good, piece of sh!t, mother fu(ker. He could hurt himself taking a freaking bath. The kid has no heart, looks like we got ourselves another highly overrated head case at tail-back.

Really, I can't suffer through another season of this crap. It get's harder and harder every year. Our O-line, touted as one of the best in the nation every year, always, i mean, ALWAYS, under-performs. These guys get no push for the runner, their pass blocking skills are mediocre, yet they're bigger and stronger than most of the O-lines in the NFL, no, that is not a typo. Deplorable, reprehensible job at coaching them up.

Mark Richt, you need to seriously evaluate your coaching staff, O coordinator, strength and conditioning, O line coach, running backs coach, everything on the offensive side of the ball. If you can't fix this thing next year with another top rated tail back coming in, returning some excellent receivers and a massive o-line you then need to be fired. You should be fired this year, hell, you should have been canned two years ago, but if you can't get it done next year, you should be run out of athens on a rail...