[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff Challenge - Best Strategy?

CinBlue

I am on CBS playoff strategy with some buddies... but was wondering, what is the best strategy?

I assume I try to pick players that will play ALL games, no BYES...but will also make it to the superbowl.. so that they play the maximum amount of time.

Example: I had Rogers all season, but the Pack has a first round BYE, so that would loose me 30 points (if I look at his approx average). So, then, wouldn't I be better off with a QB I think would go to the SB, but doesn't have a BYE?

I have a lot of logic like that, though, that breaks down when I overthink it :wacko:

Not w/ CBS but I have been playing in a postseason league for a long time and have won it numerous times. If your league is like mine, it's elimination style and once a player's team is eliminated then those players are gone so by the time the superbowl comes only 2 owners will still have a QB to start.

Anyway, the best advise I can give you is to get the right QB. In a playoff league QB's are the kings not RB's. I always draft at least 2 QB's in my playoff league (I even had a 3rd QB once) Draft one QB from the wildcard games that you think will win his wild card game (so that you can get at least 2 games out of him and maybe more) and then also draft a QB from a BYE team that you think will make it to the superbowl. If you guess right you will be able to start a QB for all 4 playoff weeks and will be in it until the end.

FWIW the QB's I'm targeting are Manning (I think Gmen will beat ATL ) and Brady because I think NE has the best chance of making the superbowl in the AFC. If I miss Brady than Falco will be my next choice and I'l get him a round or two later.

Good luck!

Thanks Tally.

Here is what I have found for CBS league... anyone can choose any player under the salary cap. So, we could essentially have the same team without knowing it. Once players are eliminated, they're gone. Can have 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST. Best choice is to find players that you think will stick around for the long haul.

I picked Drew Brees and Marques Colsten for that reason. My other picks are to stay under the salary cap, but are good choices, IMO:

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Ahmad Bradshaw, Isaac Redman

WR: Marques Colston, Antonio Brown

TE: Aaron Hernandez

K: Mason Crosby

DST: Packers

I know, I know... I have the Packers Dee... and they suck. :wacko: We will see.... I know (because I live here) that they are working hard on DST. May help. Plus they do get turnovers and possible DST TD's.

CinBlue,

I had a similar question, but read the rules differently. Specifically on CBS, the rules state "Once your lineup locks for the Wild Card Playoff Round, you will have eight (8) lineup moves to make for the remainder of the Challenge."

So you will be able to make changes, however, only 8. This led me to select guys that will likely have a long run, so mostly Saints in the first round, with the idea that I'll be able to swap out to Ravens/Packers/Pats as we move forward. It also means, I'm Saint heavy and if they lose, I have to replace 4 guys right away.

My plan is to not change anyone, such as Isaac Redman, even if I think they're a bad play so that I can save my 8 changes for as long as possible.

Additionally, my rough math shows the QB as the kings of this challenge, so I am taking Brees.

I welcome any feedback.

I chose mostly saints and steelers for the same reasons as listed above. I think they can both get me points in the first round as well as advance further into the challenge without using my 8 replacements. i took the steelers def because They are good and they are playing against timmy rah rah. I also took the steelers kicker because he is cheap and when he goes out I will not replace him.

QB Brees

RB sproles and redman

WR Meacham and A Brown

TE Graham

K pitt

Def pitt