[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears fire Angelo

Chief Dick

:wacko:

Well - it's the same situation when Angelo was hired. The GM was forced to keep Jauron and it stunted the growth for a few years.

Stupid, stupid move to give Lovie this much power.

Kick Smith upstairs then, and let him hire a new coach....

There are many changes needed here, and I can see Smith giving Tice the OC reins, as they are much more aligned with what needs to happen on the first three downs on offense. The defense is old, and the OL is in better shape this year as it was at the end of last year.

It won't matter if they can't surface a #1 WR AND get another body or two that can play on the OL.

Perhaps the young McCaskey will turn this ship around, but also keeping Lovie and hancuffing the GM right out of the box is a stupid ass move.

Still a McCaskey and therefore as tight as a duck's ass. This is the root of the issue.

Somewhat true but firing Angelo w/ 2 years left on his contract, cost them a bundle and more importantly the Bears rarely if ever do that.

Me thinks George McCaskey will clean out the doofi running the draft show. By the way they also dumped Shane Day. Is it me or does he remind you more of waterboy than a QB coach?? :wacko:

Somewhat true but firing Angelo w/ 2 years left on his contract, cost them a bundle and more importantly the Bears rarely if ever do that.

Me thinks George McCaskey will clean out the doofi running the draft show. By the way they also dumped Shane Day. Is it me or does he remind you more of waterboy than a QB coach?? :wacko:

+1 ... good riddance

:wacko:

Well - it's the same situation when Angelo was hired. The GM was forced to keep Jauron and it stunted the growth for a few years.

Stupid, stupid move to give Lovie this much power.

Kick Smith upstairs then, and let him hire a new coach....

There are many changes needed here, and I can see Smith giving Tice the OC reins, as they are much more aligned with what needs to happen on the first three downs on offense. The defense is old, and the OL is in better shape this year as it was at the end of last year.

It won't matter if they can't surface a #1 WR AND get another body or two that can play on the OL.

Perhaps the young McCaskey will turn this ship around, but also keeping Lovie and hancuffing the GM right out of the box is a stupid ass move.

+1

I forgot about the Angelo-inheriting-Jauron thing.

Good to see the changes especially Angello who was the last 1st rounder he hit on that hung with the team?

If Ruskell replaces Angello that would be bad i haven't seen a good word said about the guy, with Lovie having a say though anything could happen it will be interesting to see who the new OC will be aswell I'd be leaning to it ending up being Tice but hard to say right now.

They have already said that Ruskell will have a fair bit of input in who they draft so we are possibly off to a horrible start already.

The combined problem with the Bears is the crappy drafting skills and then the reluctance to play the kids they draft so they can't evaluate what they got out of the draft. The list goes on and on....but they draft these players, don't play them, and within 2-3 years, they are off the team.

The NFL is new. You can play young kids in certain positions, and watch them excel. The Packers have done it on the OL, they did it a bit with Cobb this year.

Victor Cruz (I bring up his name again) is making a major impact after flashing greatness in the pre season last year. He never would make it past Hester on this team. I can only imagine that JPP would be buried on the depth chart if this coaching staff had him.

The defense got A LOT better this year when Conte was asked to play. They've got to see that youth and speed needs to be infused in the defensive back field and WR spots minimally. Let them play, and if they bust, they bust, it can't be any worse...but you know what you have.

They have zero idea what they have in Carimii (injury), Paea (just stupid not playing him more), Wooten (ugh), and so many others.

There are teams that would love to their CB's...they play much better in press man instead of the Lovie 2/3, and with Smith at the helm, this bend AND break defense will be the CB's demise eventually....Urlacher/Briggs have 2-3 years max and they are already in decline. So many holes to fill to catch up with the top teams, and no true football man in charge.

That's enough thinking about this frustrating team for a while for me. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Edited by gilthorp

The combined problem with the Bears is the crappy drafting skills and then the reluctance to play the kids they draft so they can't evaluate what they got out of the draft. The list goes on and on....but they draft these players, don't play them, and within 2-3 years, they are off the team.

The NFL is new. You can play young kids in certain positions, and watch them excel. The Packers have done it on the OL, they did it a bit with Cobb this year.

Victor Cruz (I bring up his name again) is making a major impact after flashing greatness in the pre season last year. He never would make it past Hester on this team. I can only imagine that JPP would be buried on the depth chart if this coaching staff had him.

The defense got A LOT better this year when Conte was asked to play. They've got to see that youth and speed needs to be infused in the defensive back field and WR spots minimally. Let them play, and if they bust, they bust, it can't be any worse...but you know what you have.

They have zero idea what they have in Carimii (injury), Paea (just stupid not playing him more), Wooten (ugh), and so many others.

There are teams that would love to their CB's...they play much better in press man instead of the Lovie 2/3, and with Smith at the helm, this bend AND break defense will be the CB's demise eventually....Urlacher/Briggs have 2-3 years max and they are already in decline. So many holes to fill to catch up with the top teams, and no true football man in charge.

That's enough thinking about this frustrating team for a while for me. Makes me sick to my stomach.

I agree with all this. I also think Smith couldn't make an adjustment if he found he had his shorts on backwards.

When I watch Da Bears in a close meaningful one, I always feel they're going to find a way to lose, most likely through allowing multiple third and ridiculous or some bonehead screw up that can be laid at the feet of the coaches.

The Bears will only have occasional nodding acquaintance with success and for the most part will be among the also-rans or worse until ownership changes. The Bears ownership is cheap and cheap does not win diddly squat. It definitely doesn't bring elite status or consistent success. See Forte, Matt, for the latest example of Bears ownership cheapness.

Can any GM succeed in Chicago? :wacko:

I believe you are cleary just a biased fan. You do not win in this league with an "elite" rb anymore. I think Terrel Davis was maybe the last RB to be elite and the centerpiece of an offense to last win the Superbowl. Yes a good RB is always great, but RBs still break down at 30. Forte has proven to be injury prone so to pay him is silly business and bad franchise building. You franchise tag Forte for two years, and use the money you saved to sign other pieces that will help. I hope the Bears don't sign Forte and go after Colston. (Yes another injury prone player, but receivers have more longivity.)

Also, I do not believe Julius Peppers was a cheap signing...

I believe you are cleary just a biased fan. You do not win in this league with an "elite" rb anymore.

By "win" you mean like when the Bears went to the NFC Championship game last year? Because I think they had to win some games to get there and they used Forte to do that. Considering he is 40 something percent of the offense on a team that went pretty far in the playoffs last year, and was on their way to a wildcard spot this year until he (and Culter) got hurt, I'd say he is pretty important piece for what the Bears want to do (and how they win).

If the Bears don't hold on to Forte they'll end up at the bottom of the NFC North and 4-6 win team. Without him (or a similar player) their offense is a mess.

Umm, Kahlil Bell is pretty darn similar to Matt Forte. Could he be as good in a 16-game season? Who knows, but the Bears are cheap enough to possibly try and find out.

Umm, Kahlil Bell is pretty darn similar to Matt Forte. Could he be as good in a 16-game season? Who knows, but the Bears are cheap enough to possibly try and find out.

Possibly, I haven't seen him play much. Another young guy, rookie or 2nd year player who people think is similar to Forte but hasn't done what Forte has (been an NFL workhorse back putting up 40% of his teams offensive yards for a couple season).

If they don't keep Forte they're screwing up, cheap or not. But then as a Bears fan I'm guessing you get that, and are simply saying what you think will happen, or could see happen.

Kahlil did have a few good games, but man that's a risk. Don't they owe Forte 8mil or so if they franchise him? I mean, if you franchise him for two years you'll be paying him more than you offered him in an extended contract (which was around 13 or 14). I guess I just don't get it, unless they think the wheels are going to fall off next year.

Kahlil did have a few good games, but man that's a risk. Don't they owe Forte 8mil or so if they franchise him? I mean, if you franchise him for two years you'll be paying him more than you offered him in an extended contract (which was around 13 or 14). I guess I just don't get it, unless they think the wheels are going to fall off next year.

Or they're going to run him into the ground with 400+ carries.

Ice1 and Ice717......I'm as confused as Angelo was.

Bell had no film on him forever. If anyone thinks he's as good as Forte, they are smoking the good stuff. They should sign Forte for 4-5 years and lock him up. Anyone that doesn't see that is just grasping at straws. JSMHO.

Ice1 and Ice717......I'm as confused as Angelo was.

Bell had no film on him forever. If anyone thinks he's as good as Forte, they are smoking the good stuff. They should sign Forte for 4-5 years and lock him up. Anyone that doesn't see that is just grasping at straws. JSMHO.

We all agree on that.

If the Bears don't take care of Forte they are the cheapest bassturds in the NFL. He's earned the money.

Hub Arkush of Pro Football Weekly was on one of Chicago's sports talk radio stations today (it was The Score for those of you who know it).

He said his source at Bears headquarters said the ownership is shocked that there hasn't been much interest in the general manager position for one of the NFL's charter teams in Lovie Smith's player personnel assistant position.

Arkush also said there is growing momentum for Tim Ruskell to get the job. :wacko::tup:

The Bears still owe Jerry Angelo $5 million, and Ruskell is under contract for just $1 million during the next two years.

Edited by Wolverines Fan