[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chargers to keep AJ and Norv

McBoog

4 DC's in 6yrs. Yeah that AJ Smith is a genius. :wacko:
4 DC's in 6yrs. Yeah that AJ Smith is a genius. :tup:

Wade Phillips left for a HC job. Couldn't stop him.

Cottrell ran the same system as Wade, lost his edge and was rightly fired. BUT...

Rivera was hired as LB coach under Cottrell tolerance the 3-4 and take over the defense. He shined with this unit and earned a HC job in Carolina. Couldn't stop him leaving.

EVERYONE thought Manusky was going to be a quality coordinator. He was chopped in SF because Harbaugh wanted his people. This was a mistake hire and took everyone by surprise. Rightly fired.

Pagano was being courted by college programs and promotions to other NFL teams, was promoted internally to keep him and continuity/faliarity. I have met him a few times and will be more like Rivera (I believe). He needs a couple players, hopefully free agents can help as there is a bunch or quality d players available this year.

I don't see how this turn over can be blamed on AJ. He couldn't stop the good ones from leaving, and has acted to get rid of unexpectedly poor choices (when many thought they were solid replacements).

Pagano was being courted by college programs and promotions to other NFL teams, was promoted internally to keep him and continuity/faliarity. I have met him a few times and will be more like Rivera (I believe). He needs a couple players, hopefully free agents can help as there is a bunch or quality d players available this year.

I don't see how this turn over can be blamed on AJ. He couldn't stop the good ones from leaving, and has acted to get rid of unexpectedly poor choices (when many thought they were solid replacements).

I read his hire this morning and was actually surprised. Smartest move the Chargers have made all year. Spanos has mentioned that they will be aggressive in FA. We shall see. I just hope his draft is better this year.