[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Homer Team 2012

Chief Dick

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LSU's CB, Clairborne (watch in National Championship) might be what the Doc orders here......he's 6' 0" 185 (needs to bulk up a little)...help this defense out to have a corner hes make big plays and stays in position....plays man coverage real well...

He's still going to be wearing purple and gold next year. :crossesfingers:

Dolphins

Top 5 needs:

Head coach: jeff fisher!!!! would love to see him take his talents to south beach.

QB: I've accepted that Moore will most likely be the starter next year but would love to see us sign Flynn if he doesnt get too expensive but we won too many games for a chance at luck or rg3....wish barkley would have come out but looks like we are stuck with moore. i'm sure we'll take a young QB somewhere in the round 3-5 range

RG/RT: would love Martin or Reiff so Carey can play RG, or trade down for Decastro and have Carey move back to RT

FS: we have young corners and bell is decent at SS, but we need a playmaker over the deep middle (would also like a trade down and take barron in the late teens/early 20s)

TE: fasano will finally be gone cuz sporano isnt there to have his man lovefest with him, now we need someone that can run a 15-20 yard seam route in under 10 seconds

we also need to build O line depth, grab an OLB that can rush the passer and get a legit WR2 cuz bess is just a slot guy and hartline is not an NFL starter.

Seahawks

Find a way to keep Tom Cable. I could bore you all for many sentences about what he did for this team this year, it was that ridiculous.

I didn't know he was going anywhere. we need keep him any which way we can.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see enough Niner games to dig deep here.

Overall, I think our weakest link is at QB, but that assumes that Kaeperneck doesn't have the goods. Of course, Harbaugh spent a reasonably high pick on him, so he must think there's something there.

We could use another WR, but I think (after QB), the biggest spot for improvement would be DB. Our front 7 is freaking awesome but teams can beat us through the air. And stopping the run isn't going to get it done against the NFC elite.

The O-line had it's issues from time to time, but the talent seems to be there, they're just young.

So, we need DBs who can slow these guys down and a QB who can keep up. Manning takes care of one and wont require using a draft pick on him.

Rams -

A PK that can kick 60+ yard field goals.

A punter that can put the ball on the 1yard line every time so the opposing team has to work to score on us.

:tup:

Hmmmmm .......... It's been a while since I've seen one of those taken as a team's 1st player selected in the Draft.

:wacko:

The Giants need OL & LB help the most. Some DB's wouldn't hurt either.

OL and LB are definitely the biggest needs. We need some explosiveness in the return game too. I like what I see in Jernigan so far, not sure if he's the answer though. Whenever a team can get a couple big kick/punt returns every week it can become a huge advantage.

WR, WR, LB, OL, DL, RB, S

You forgot an offensive coordinator so that Shurmur can concentrate on being a head coach.

I'd also add, figure out if McCoy is your franchise QB or not, and if not find somebody else.

I also think the need at WR isn't that large, one good player should be enough to team with Little who has been pretty good (other than the drops).

Maybe if we improve some we can win a game in our division next year :wacko:

Steelers

1. OT

2. OG

3. ILB - Need to have an ILB ready to replace Farrior

4. CB - Big improvement this year, but, still need depth

5. DT - I like our DE depth, but, still need a DT to replace Hampton

Falcons

1. OC - Please Jags, take Mularkey off our hands. The play-calling is so predictable it's ridiculous. Falcons are far more effective when they go no-huddle and let Ryan call his own plays at the line of scrimmage. People say Turner's lost a step, but this has to be part of the reason why Turner's runs are so boom or bust.

2. DC- I love Vangorder and the way he gets red spamshirts swarming all over the ball, but the scheme leaves you scratching you head far too often, as good teams seem to figure out the weaknesses too easy.

3. CB- Not sure you can really upgrade anything but depth if Sanders and Grimes are healthy, but Dunta is just awful in coverage for such a highly paid guy. His biggest strength is mean hits that draw flags more often than not.

4. LB - have some great starters, but the lack of depth is showing with Nicholas hurt.

5. DE - Vikings fans tried to warn us about Ray Edwards, and Biermann doesn't seem to be progressing like we'd hoped. Some of the DTs have stepped up, but still need an heir-apparent for Abe and to help with a consistent pass rush.

6. OL - The loss of Dahl, the heart of that line, has stung. The unit is coming along okay and Ryan getting better at handling pressure, but at very least need competition with a bunch of inexperienced guys there.

I'd also add, figure out if McCoy is your franchise QB or not, and if not find somebody else.

What was this year for ? out of curiosity I wonder what Browns fans think of him ? I like Seneca but you need someone to challenge him much like Seattle and Tavaris.

What was this year for ? out of curiosity I wonder what Browns fans think of him ? I like Seneca but you need someone to challenge him much like Seattle and Tavaris.

Well I meant for the coaches to figure out, and draft if not. I suppose that was a good test this yar.

Personally I saw some improvement in McCoy, but it also seems he remains lacking in some skills (deep ball), but should work well in a good West Coast style offense. Needs a decent running game, and some better receivers. Also the play calling was pretty horrible at times, Shurmur was geting too cute. I'm sure the lack of OTA and more work in off season hurt them, new offense, new HC, etc.

I think Wallace is a good backup, and may be able to start regularly if pressed into service. I'd prefer the Browns don't draft another QB. And I hope they pick a starter early, we've had too many years recently with QB controversy right into week 1.

But mostly I just feel like :wacko:

Of course I can take some pride in playing PIT tough twice this year and helping to batter their players by knocking out Ben and Mendenhall. But overall another sucky season, with no real momentum at the end.

LOL... where to start?

O Line: MAJOR need at ORT, even a 1st round DP. Help at OG, especially the LG spot... this line cannot support any kind of run oriented offense. The pass protection isn't good either... both Mangold and Ferguson had down years, at least based on their past performances. I think both the changes on the O line and the lack of any talent at LG and ORT is partially to blame for that.

RB: Greene is not even mediocre. No burst, no vision, no speed and for a supposed power back, limited tackle breaking ability. LT I would werlcome back as a 3rd down back. McKnight is a return man, that;s it.

QB: Sanchez after throwing not one but two INT's to D linemen in a must win finale against MIA only served to cement my opinion that he is a loser. No control in the huddle... not a leader. Weak arm and inaccurate. Eats hot dogs or daydreams on the sidelines. Peyton anyone? I don't put it past Woody Johnson... he after all did sign Farve.

WR: Holmes quit on his team. He gets one more chance or Ryan has to Keyshawn him to home arrest ala Gruden. If he doesn't straighten up... Burress and Kerley? Seriously?

Front 7: Someone, anyone who can rush the QB. OLB, DE, whatever... Maybin was cut by the Bills, signed, cut and resigned by the Jets... and was the best pass rusher they had in 2011. Nuff said.

S: Leonard is good, but two years in a row with season ending injury, behind him, nothing. Desperate need at safety.

OC: Schottenheimer is gone... the Jets are hoping some fool GM will hire him as HC. Aint happennin. Callahan likely steps in... with a bad O line and a loser QB. Nice.

HC: Ryan has to change it up.... his good ol boy "I LOVE my guys" schtick was an epic fail this year. I don't think crying at the end of season meeting will fix it. He even admitted he lost the pulse of the team, what was happenning in the locker room.... didn't even know Schottenheimer had benched Holmes agaisnt MIA. Seriously?

Someone, anyone that knows how to draft talented playmakers.

Hopefully with all the Eagles needed was time to gel. Still some glaring weaknesses on this team:

LB's and S are the top needs IMO. Preferrably a veteran or two who can play in a wide-9 scheme.

WR to replace DJax (From what I hear the they are not even close regarding a contract).

Back-up QB because Vick will not play a whole season healthy.

New coach?