[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Predict playoff upset here...

Slugs3511

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, but, if you are a shadow of your former self, and you are the #1 ranked defense in yards and points allowed, that is still pretty good. They definitely didn't create as many turnovers this year. I don't see being 8th against the run as a terrible thing when you are first against the pass and 1st overall.

:wacko:

I figured they would be, but I hadn't seen the lines yet.

Varies from 3 to 3.5, with the o/u ranging from 47 to 47.5. I think the Saints can drop 30 on SF.

I think the Texans (7.5 point dogs) can beat Baltimore, even in Baltimore. It will all depend on the Texans ability to run the ball and stop Ray Rice. Tough task but I think they can do it.

I think the Texans (7.5 point dogs) can beat Baltimore, even in Baltimore. It will all depend on the Texans ability to run the ball and stop Ray Rice. Tough task but I think they can do it.

Really? I don't see that happening. Unless, of course, the Ravens come out and really have one of their off games like they do from time to time.

Really? I don't see that happening. Unless, of course, the Ravens come out and really have one of their off games like they do from time to time.

Yeah, the Ravens certainly have off games. Houston's offense is not going to put up a crapload of points with Yates at QB. But I could see the Texans D causing Flacco to look average (again) and if they can limit (and by that I mean just don't let him go koo-koo crazy) Rice, I could see a 24-17 type of game.

I'll say this... if Foster has more total yards than Rice, Texans win.

So, do think that the game would have went to overtime if the Broncos were NOT the home team?

Is playing at home a bigger advantage during the playoffs?

I always have a harder time picking the traveling team during the playoffs. 2010 Super Bowl Champion Saints getting tripped up by the 7-9 Seahawks come to mind.

Your thoughts?

The game shouldn't have gone to overtime at all. Steelers got a gift from the refs when their lateral that was recovered by the Broncos was blown dead as an incomplete pass. Steelers went on to get a TD on that drive.

Aside of the ... "Ifs" or "Buts ... regarding lucky or unlucky ref calls, I was curious to what the thoughts were regarding advantages (esp during post-season) of playing at home. Again, referencing what happened to the Saints a year ago when they ventured into the Seahawks home turf.

The only upset I'll call is Houston beating Baltimore.

The only guarantee I'll make is Green Bay beating the Giants.

With the Giants having the best defensive line in football and the only D-line with the ability to put constant pressure on Rodgers I think the Giants-Packers game could be the upset of the NFL Playoffs.

This is who I'm rooting for in this order:

1. Broncos - I doubt they win Sunday, but, you never know.

2. Texans - I think they have a decent shot in Baltimore. They've never been here before, so, they are easy to root for.

3. 49ers - A team that has been down for quite a while, coming back strong. Tough draw for them with the Saints.

4. Saints - Even though they are one of the favorites, I find them easy to root for.

5. Giants - Not a fan of Coughlin, but, I do like Eli, and they are in the underdog role.

6. Packers - Nothing but respect for this franchise, but, as the defending champs, I'd like to see someone else take it.

7. Patriots - Please, no.

8. Ravens - Please, someone, anyone, everyone stop this from happening.

Predictions this week:

Patriots by 20+ over Broncos (Hope I'm wrong)

Ravens by less than 3 over Texans (Hope I'm wrong)

Saints by a TD over 49'ers

Packers by 10 over Giants

I'm not picking any upsets, but, I think the Texans have the best chance to pull it off.

5. Giants - Not a fan of Coughlin, but, I do like Eli, and they are in the underdog role.

Just curious but why?

Alot of people don't seem to like Coughlin but I have to say I like him alot more than half the coaches out there. He gets his team to respond when they are faced with tough challenges and will discipline a star player.

Just curious but why?

Alot of people don't seem to like Coughlin but I have to say I like him alot more than half the coaches out there. He gets his team to respond when they are faced with tough challenges and will discipline a star player.

Not only that but he seems to have reinvented himself to better relate to players without becoming their friend. I don't think he's a great coach but he is certainly very good.

Just curious but why?

I think he is a good coach, but, my dislike goes back to his day with the Jaguars, when they were in the Steelers division. He can tend to whine like a baby when things don't go his way.