[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Predict playoff upset here...

Slugs3511

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game I could see being an upset would be the 49ers over the Saints.....Let's face it.....no one is actually giving them a chance with the way the Saints have been rolling.........

Giants.....if they won, it wouldn't be that surprising.....

Broncos over the Pats....Pats haven't won a playoff game in years......

Houston over the Ravens.....The Ravens have been beat by bad teams this year.....

Unlike 'The Chin'? :wacko:

He at least smiled and had fun with the players. Coughlin always seems angry, even when things are going well. I've heard several past players who have said that he isn't fun to play for. However, he does win, so, I guess it works.

I could see the Giants beating the Packers (played them VERY close last time).

And maybe the Texans beating the Ravens.

But I sure wouldn't put any money on those, and right now I would straight up pick the Packers and Ravens to win.

Saints should destroy the 49ers.

Patriots should destroy the Broncos.

With the Giants having the best defensive line in football and the only D-line with the ability to put constant pressure on Rodgers I think the Giants-Packers game could be the upset of the NFL Playoffs.

The Packers have scored under 35 at home once all season. The Giants have scored 35 on the road once all season. The Packers are the 5th team in NFL history to go 15-1 in the regular season, none of those teams lost their home opener in the playoffs. Why does everyone want to fire Tom Couglin three weeks ago to now he's a no brainer selection for beating the best team in football?

Saints should destroy the 49ers.

I don't see this as a cakewalk like a lot of people are portraying it. The Saints are undefeated at home, if I remember correctly they are averaging over 40 points a game there. But on the road they register a down-to-earth 28 points per game (or something like that).

I don't see this as a cakewalk like a lot of people are portraying it. The Saints are undefeated at home, if I remember correctly they are averaging over 40 points a game there. But on the road they register a down-to-earth 28 points per game (or something like that).

Might just be that "home field advantage" thing preparing to rise up again.

:wacko:

I don't think most people are predicting a blowout. A close game is what I'm seeing/hearing and a few people actually like the 49ers outright.

San Fran over New Orleans.

New Orleans is no where near as good on the road especially out doors as they are at home. This is a game where the defense beats the offense. They always say defense wins championships. I would love to see NO win cause there is no was SF which is not a good road team either can win in Green Bay, but SF will put pressure on Brees and force turnovers.

SF 23 NO14

Other thoughts

NE 31 Den17

Balt 28 Hou 10

GBay 31 NyG 27

San Fran over New Orleans.

New Orleans is no where near as good on the road especially out doors as they are at home. This is a game where the defense beats the offense. They always say defense wins championships. I would love to see NO win cause there is no was SF which is not a good road team either can win in Green Bay, but SF will put pressure on Brees and force turnovers.

SF 23 NO14

:wacko: Really? The Niners' D is stout, but it's really more stout in terms of its rush D. Their pass D is pretty average. It's not like the Saints are going to lose much steam if their run game is stifled.

The Saints aren't as good on the road? What team ISN'T better within the friendly confines of their home stadium? I think you're overblowing the whole outdoors deal. The Saints lost to Tampa (outdoors) in a fluke game, to the Packers (Week 1 in a shootout), and their only other loss was INDOORS in what should have been a fast track against the Rams.

No way the Niners hold the Saints to 14 points.

:wacko: Really? The Niners' D is stout, but it's really more stout in terms of its rush D. Their pass D is pretty average. It's not like the Saints are going to lose much steam if their run game is stifled.

The Saints aren't as good on the road? What team ISN'T better within the friendly confines of their home stadium? I think you're overblowing the whole outdoors deal. The Saints lost to Tampa (outdoors) in a fluke game, to the Packers (Week 1 in a shootout), and their only other loss was INDOORS in what should have been a fast track against the Rams.

No way the Niners hold the Saints to 14 points.

Well, their track record on the road in the play-offs of late is hardly stellar as well.

That said, I think my Niners can win this game, but agree that they're not holding the Saints to 14.

I can see Cinci winning handily this weekend, and think the 9ers are the only team playing D in the NFC right now. And after watching the Bears 3rd stringers run up yards on GB I think they'll have a problem with SF, if they avoid the Giants and their peaking DL at the moment. That could hammer the pack's bad OL.

Wrong on Cinci but got the NFC. :wacko: