[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints taunting the Lions?

Puddy

Apparently the Saints are cheap-shot artists too. :wacko:

Suh's job against the Saints is particularly crucial as New Orleans often uses a double-tight-end look to help chip against defensive ends. Cunningham said the Saints "basically cheap-shot them with a shoulder. While the end is working on the tackle, all of a sudden he gets blindsided by a guy from the outside. (This) spreads the field and slows down the edge rushers."

Cunningham joked that he might need to make a trip to New York to visit the commissioner with clips of the strategy. He didn't joke, however, when he suggested the technique shouldn't be allowed.

"It's ridiculous," he said.

But until then, the Lions' defensive line has to deal with -- and decode -- the protection scheme. One way is for Suh and the team's other tackles -- Corey Williams, Sammie Hill and a finally healthy Nick Fairley -- to collapse the pocket from the inside.

"Their setup is pretty difficult to exploit," Cunningham said, "and that's my job (to counter), and I think I've got a few wrinkles."

He's right, that sounds pretty ridiculous to me.