[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GM and HC news, rumours

BeeR

Just thought it would be good to have a thread for this stuff.

I am thinking Irsay is going to pull a massively stupid move by keeping Caldwell. Why else would he still be around?

Also do you think anyone contacts either of the Polians or are they done in the NFL? (ie Bill retiring, Chris sucking)

Just thought it would be good to have a thread for this stuff.

I am thinking Irsay is going to pull a massively stupid move by keeping Caldwell. Why else would he still be around?

Also do you think anyone contacts either of the Polians or are they done in the NFL? (ie Bill retiring, Chris sucking)

I don't believe for a minute Caldwell will be the coach next season. He will make a major statement when a new GM is hired and that GM's first order of business will be to hire a coach. They may keep Caldwell in some capacity and even give him an interview but he will leave the coaching hire to the GM to give him credibility right out of the gate.

That is my guess anyway.

I don't get this move either. They need to get a GM in ASAP because you want the new GM to have as many options to choose from Coaching wise as he can. Seem like you'll have at least one more year of Cardwell, that sucks.

I don't believe for a minute Caldwell will be the coach next season. He will make a major statement when a new GM is hired and that GM's first order of business will be to hire a coach. They may keep Caldwell in some capacity and even give him an interview but he will leave the coaching hire to the GM to give him credibility right out of the gate.

That is my guess anyway.

Agree. Remember, the Chiefs kept Herm Edwards after firing Peterson. Pioli then came in and picked Edwards brain for 2 weeks before eventually letting him go.

The Rams have given the Partiots permission to speak to Josh McDaniels about the OC job. Fisher is said to have eliminated all teams except the Rams and Dolphins and will decide over the weekend. That's the big news here.

The Rams have given the Partiots permission to speak to Josh McDaniels about the OC job. Fisher is said to have eliminated all teams except the Rams and Dolphins and will decide over the weekend. That's the big news here.

Good luck with that. I think Fisher would be a nice addition.

McDaniels is joining NE this weekend and will be coaching with them through the Post-Season.

Is that official? Haven't seen that officially yet.

He's not going to be calling any plays or anything like that. I've read that he'll be on the sidelines in more of a consultant role for the playoffs. Good news long term for Pats.

Are you sure? His play-calling absolutely sucked this year. Stupid errors and ridiculous calls on nearly every drive. I hope he torpedoes Darth Bellichek and everythimg he stands for.

Are you sure? His play-calling absolutely sucked this year. Stupid errors and ridiculous calls on nearly every drive. I hope he torpedoes Darth Bellichek and everythimg he stands for.

McDaniels scheme didn't work for the dumpster fire that he had in STL. He's going back to the place where he and Brady put up 50 TD's. Yes, he's an upgrade to Bill O'Brian. With O'Brian the Pats always start slow off of his gameplan and then Brady has to get a rythym in a hurry up with him doing audibles to get it back on track. With McD you won't have to worry about that.

McDaniels scheme didn't work for the dumpster fire that he had in STL. He's going back to the place where he and Brady put up 50 TD's. Yes, he's an upgrade to Bill O'Brian. With O'Brian the Pats always start slow off of his gameplan and then Brady has to get a rythym in a hurry up with him doing audibles to get it back on track. With McD you won't have to worry about that.

And I don't think McDaniels get into screaming matches on the sidelines either. Unlike O'Brian :wacko:

smart move.

I wonder why Josh McD is being talked about as the NE OC, but not even an interview with KC and Scott Pioli?

This encourages me. He didn't give McDaniels a sniff the previous time when Denver hired him. Tells me all I need to know about McDaniels.