[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots Offensive Coordinator Bill O'Brien hired by PSU

Menudo

As a PSU fan I don't really know what to say about the hiring of O'Brien. I am sort a like some of the other people that posted , not really excited or disappointment. The only thing that I will say is maybe by them hiring a person with no ties to Paterno it gives the program a fresh start and it might just get recruits interested in going there. I'm not saying it is going to be like Alabama when they hired Saban but it might just intice (sp?) some blue chip recruits to come there.

I think we need to be very clear here. The Penn State football program harbored a pedophile for decades,. This likely occurred with institutional knowledge and longstanding institutional inaction. Multiple PSU employees should and hopefully will feel the full weight of the law on their pathetic necks. Here's the way this should have gone:

1. Shut down the football program.

2. Clean house.

3. Reboot with a clean slate.

The alums and boosters need to realize that the team bringing all this stature to the institution was harboring a child rapist. This is called total institutional corruption - everyone bears that stain. Seriously, who the hell cares if the new coach has PSU ties? This is not a PR ploy - this is being able to look yourself in the mirror and realize you finally, after years of neglect, decided to do the right thing. Personally, I think O'Brien will make a fine coach and can set a good example. He may not be an elite choice but right now the program just needs to try and stop taking on water. O'Brien will do that.

Much truth here

I think we need to be very clear here. The Penn State football program harbored a pedophile for decades,. This likely occurred with institutional knowledge and longstanding institutional inaction. Multiple PSU employees should and hopefully will feel the full weight of the law on their pathetic necks. Here's the way this should have gone:

1. Shut down the football program.

2. Clean house.

3. Reboot with a clean slate.

I disagree completely. That penalizes the players and the boosters/alums/fans that had absolutely zero knowledge of any of this, who supported the program for reasons that absolutely nothing to do with the head coach's decision to put him and his staff above the law.

This is the apples they will get. Instead of a season-long absence of football in Happy Valley, they are going to get a decade of futility and mediocrity (at least) with a hire like this. And they won't even get the chance to pine for the good old days of JoePa because of the creepy feeling that will give them.

Penn State will definitely feel the effect of the controversy for at least a couple of years. However, I believe those of you who are predicting a decade or more of misery are wrong. Yes, there will be some kids that do not go to PSU due to what occurred there. However, I believe the program will build back up quickly. This program still has a lot to offer. They have phenomenal athletic facilities, one of the best stadiums and fanbases in the country and were once again the top academic school in the BCS conferences this year. I think they will take a hit for a couple or 3 years, but, I think they will bounce back quickly.

Brady has earned a hell of a lot of OC oppertunities over the years.

I wonder when people will realized that its him and not the coordinators.

So, is the implication here have to do with the "spat" 3 weeks ago between Qb and coach? Does Brady wear out offensive coaches?

:wacko:

So, is the implication here have to do with the "spat" 3 weeks ago between Qb and coach? Does Brady wear out offensive coaches?

:wacko:

Yes, It's become pretty obvious that McDaniels can exist successfully only poised between a very strong personality as a HC and a QB who knows exactly what he is doing. The guy's O scheming on his own is atrocious and he shows an alarming lack of knowledge of the game at the NFL level at the least. McDaniels rose in ranks by being a Belicheck boot licker. I don't see much of a future for him anywhere else in the league.

If you say so. Seems to me a lot of key players (not the least of which was Tebow a move you hated) that he brought in or was mostly responsible for are what got them there. Again an impression don't know player by player. PS and I don't believe Tebow will be a long-term answer either, again just giving credit where I think it's due.