[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Tice

Brentastic

someone else will call the passing plays? How does that work? Does Tice receive the call and approves/rejects it or the HC receives both calls and decides?

No, I think he calls all the plays. He coached the O-line so he knows the playbook inside and out and he also knows the strengths and weaknesses of this unit. I'm definitely excited about this move but we still need WRs to complete the package.

Tice has never called plays before. I've spoken at length about some of my run-ins with the guy in these forums before, so I'll just say for now that I don't expect this to work out well for the Bears.

Tice has never called plays before. I've spoken at length about some of my run-ins with the guy in these forums before, so I'll just say for now that I don't expect this to work out well for the Bears.

No? I thought he was the OC in Minnesota for awhile.

So you've met him in person? Are you saying he's dumb or a bit of an Brooklyn Decker? Curious to learn more.

So you've met him in person? Are you saying he's dumb or a bit of an Brooklyn Decker? Curious to learn more.

My brother met him. I believe it was at a Kid Rock concert???? He was with his son and watching his son work over some young ladies. I guess he seemed like a "normal" guy. As far as coaching goes at least he's honest.....He admitted that the o-line was bad early this year, he didn't candy coat it like "say nothing" Lovie.

Tice: We'll run a couple running plays and then we'll pass one. It's not that hard. (In a Rambo-type voice.)

He actually helped out at my high school for a few years when I was a junior and senior in the late 90's. He was brought in pretty specifically to mentor myself, our quarterback, and two other linemen. He also coached little league baseball with his brother for a number of years. My dad ran the league for their particular age group and I umpired several of his team's games. Really nice guy, really enthusiastic, but was well known around these parts for his blank, quizzical look. We ran the wishbone. There were 6 plays. After two years, he still didn't know our assignments.

Edited by Seahawks21

I think Scott Linehan called the plays in Minnesota while Tice was there.

He actually helped out at my high school for a few years when I was a junior and senior in the late 90's. He was brought in pretty specifically to mentor myself, our quarterback, and two other linemen. He also coached little league baseball with his brother for a number of years. My dad ran the league for their particular age group and I umpired several of his team's games. Really nice guy, really enthusiastic, but was well known around these parts for his blank, quizzical look. We ran the wishbone. There were 6 plays. After two years, he still didn't know our assignments.

Ok, now you're diminishing my excitement.

Thanks for sharing. Cool story :wacko:

Ok, now you're diminishing my excitement.

Thanks for sharing. Cool story :wacko:

Players seem to play hard for him, which I've always thought of as the most important job a coach has. I just wouldn't expect any kind of groundbreaking new schemes. After Martz, maybe this is exactly the kind of thing the Bears need.

IMO Tice was a more respected HC for the Vikes than the recent two that the Wilfs tried to replace him with. I, along with a fair amount Minne fans, wished we had something closer to his style of coaching back here again.

:wacko:

Talk about a fan base which has been traumatized.

Especially when you consider how close the team was to winning the the NFC Championship just 2 yrs ago. Most remember the INT thrown by Favre as the only reason they didn't beat the Saints ... where, equally important, were the number of coaching gaffs that were totally a result of "unprofessional" coaching ... and the buck stops at the HC.

There will obviously have to be some meaningfull improvement for the coming season ... or the team will be looking for it's 3 HC since the Tice era.

Especially when you consider how close the team was to winning the the NFC Championship just 2 yrs ago. Most remember the INT thrown by Favre as the only reason they didn't beat the Saints ... where, equally important, were the number of coaching gaffs that were totally a result of "unprofessional" coaching ... and the buck stops at the HC.

There will obviously have to be some meaningfull improvement for the coming season ... or the team will be looking for it's 3 HC since the Tice era.

Spielman, Frazier, and everybody else on the coaching staff as well as numerous players should have been shown the door this offseason. Instead they promote Spielman to GM and retain Frazier at the very least. You've basically just wasted next season. Good job Zygi! :sigh:

Sports guy on the local nightly news indicated that the Raiders were bringing Tice in for a HC interview ??

Yup. That's what we're hearing. And by NFL rules, the Bears have to let him interview for the gig.

If he gets the job, the Bears are in deep doo-doo.

Yup. That's what we're hearing. And by NFL rules, the Bears have to let him interview for the gig.

Uhhh yeah uhhhh that would not be cool at this point.

I don't think he'll get it but if he can do well this year he'll be gone next year.

IMO Tice was a more respected HC for the Vikes than the recent two that the Wilfs tried to replace him with. I, along with a fair amount Minne fans, wished we had something closer to his style of coaching back here again.

Talk about a fan base which has been traumatized.

sounds like stockholm syndrome :wacko:

Dumbest. Post. Evah.

Or they dodged a bullet. I don't think Tice has ever even called plays. That doesn't mean he can do worse then Martz at time, but I don't really have plans on hugh bumps for the Chicago offense.