[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TEXANS / BENGALS

Gourdeau

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was somewhat anticipating Houston handling the Bengals today, but Cincy looks like the more aggressive and more "together" squad. Both of these sides look like fodder for next weekend's opponent, whoever that may be.

I don't think either team will beat New England or Baltimore, but, it wouldn't shock me, and I do think they will hold their own.

I don't think you can. If it's any less than the spot of the foul defenders will always grab a receiver breaking deep.

:wacko: Maybe have something like a flagrant foul - typical hand-fighting gets however many yds; EGREGIOUS pass int on a deep ball get it at the spot?

The only problem then is you add another judgement call to the refs; I think that, generally, NFL refs do a decent job officiating a fast-moving and confusing game, featuring 22 players going in every direction possible. I'd hate to make the job more difficult.

C'mon Mayock. Every player on the field in every game you call cannot be the best at their position in the league :wacko:

About the only guys who'd have an argument at B.A.P in this game would be Foster and A Johnson.

Not to say there aren't lots of GOOD players on these teams.

:wacko: Maybe have something like a flagrant foul - typical hand-fighting gets however many yds; EGREGIOUS pass int on a deep ball get it at the spot?

The only problem then is you add another judgement call to the refs; I think that, generally, NFL refs do a decent job officiating a fast-moving and confusing game, featuring 22 players going in every direction possible. I'd hate to make the job more difficult.

I get what you are saying, but, I don't think it can change, unless you truest it completely to the officials. For example, if a receiver is held for a few moments, and then by the time the ball lands, the receiver is short of the ball, you have to be able to judge whether he would have been able to get to it or not. That is a lot to ask of an official. If you make the penalty less yardage, that is unfair to a receiver that would have caught the ball, if not for the foul on the defense.