[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Falcons/Giants

loaf

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Settling for field goals have been many coach's demise in the playoffs.

I just don't think you can be critical either way - it's a toss up. But to say it is stupid to go for it, and smart to kick the FG...that's just plain :wacko:

And I would disagree. The Falcons going for it on 4th down has been a bit of a hot topic this year, wouldn't you agree?

Bryant is 5 for 7 on 40-49 yarders this year, not bad at all. However, all five hits were in Sept / Oct and his only two attempts in Nov / Dec were misses.

Is it possible Smith knew something Hook and others weren't privy to?

Nah, surely not.

Note: Bryant DID hit a 50+ FG in December. However, the circumstances almost certainly were not 4th and short.

Strange first half, not the game I expected to see so far. Some really bad play calls on the Giant's side, espically that 3rd and 1 late in the 2nd half, why throw a 20 yard pass there, why not measure and then make an informed decision ? Frustrating!

Bryant is 5 for 7 on 40-49 yarders this year, not bad at all. However, all five hits were in Sept / Oct and his only two attempts in Nov / Dec were misses.

Is it possible Smith knew something Hook and others weren't privy to?

Nah, surely not.

Note: Bryant DID hit a 50+ FG in December. However, the circumstances almost certainly were not 4th and short.

They have a FG kicker that is capable of making a 43 yarder.

They went for it and didn't get it.

Please continue to say how good a call it was.

Giants got robbed on their last series... Horrible spot and may have been a first down anyway. How does Coughlin not have that measured?

Replay assistant blew it not challenging that spot according to Mike Pereira at halftime. They were inside two minutes. Coughlin could not challenge.

They have a FG kicker that is capable of making a 43 yarder.

They went for it and didn't get it.

Please continue to say how good a call it was.

All I'm saying is that opting for a 43 yard try wasn't a no-brainer. I'm also pointing out that there may be hidden reasons too.