[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow just threw for 316 yards...coincidence?

SpinalTapp

I wonder what Tebow thinks of gay people. Apparently he can't or won't lie in interviews, so that should be an interesting question.

When you believe so much in Jesus, that you choose not to get late when you are the star quarterback in high school and college, then you have to hate fags, right?

If he is truly a Christian, then I doubt he "hates" anyone.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what Tebow thinks of gay people. Apparently he can't or won't lie in interviews, so that should be an interesting question.

When you believe so much in Jesus, that you choose not to get late when you are the star quarterback in high school and college, then you have to hate fags, right?

I presume you meant to not get laid.

I also presume he would say that "First I would like to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." I imagine he would then say that Christ invites all into his Father's kingdom, sinners and the repentent alike, and that we are all sinners. If, upon then being pinned down as to whether the practice or act of homosexuality is a sin; I imagine he would state that the Bible teaches that it is.

You seem to take pleasure in wanting him to face a "gotcha" question. Has he done something to upset you? Has not his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ repeatedly allowed his image to appear in the cheese of the pizza you sell? Why the hate?

Oh, as to the women perhaps Rocky's trainer Mickey Goldberg had it right, "Women weaken Legs". That's why I could never become truly great at sports. I kept allowing my legs to be weakened.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

According to the Fantasy Players News Link on the Home Page of this Site the Detroit Lions Gave up 31.6 points a game in their last nine games. Is that an indication that Jesus hated them after their eighth game? Did something happen in that game that caused Jesus to turn his back on them?

"I presume you meant to not get laid"

I did, but english is not my first language.

"You seem to take pleasure in wanting him to face a "gotcha" question."

I don't.

It was akward when a reporter asked him about his virginity. And if they ask about that, then they can pretty much ask anything. So I was wondering if he would jeopardize his popularity if that question was asked.

I thought he would, but on second thought I actually think he would answer something along the lines of what you wrote.

And by the way I don't hate Tebow. Why should I? I think he is a lot of fun to watch, and he is the ultimate underdog story in the NFL.

Edited by Papajohn

"You seem to take pleasure in wanting him to face a "gotcha" question."

I don't.

It was akward when a reporter asked him about his virginity. And if they ask about that, then they can pretty much ask anything. So I was wondering if he would jeopardize his popularity if that question was asked.

I thought he would, but on second thought I actually think he would answer something along the lines of what you wrote.

And by the way I don't hate Tebow. Why should I? I think he is a lot of fun to watch, and he is the ultimate underdog story in the NFL.

I didn't see the interview where Tebow was asked about his virginity but I think that's a bullschiit question and if I had been him I would have responded, "That's a personal question and really none of your business."

I didn't see the interview where Tebow was asked about his virginity but I think that's a bullschiit question and if I had been him I would have responded, "That's a personal question and really none of your business."

Wouldn't that be kind of hypocritical considering his religious beliefs are a personal choice and not something he has to share with the media. Let alone public all the public displays in games (Tebowing, thanking God when something goes their way, saying "God had a hand in that" when the tide of a game turns.) Yet he does that all the time, in fact it is a key part of who he is (has been since college from what I hear).

I think that is the problem some have with him. I'm not overly religious, and I generally don't like people trying to force their religion on me or anybody else. I feel that is what Tebow is doing. Play football or be a preacher, stop trying to do both. I don't care what you think God put you on this planet to do. If you think you're converting/enlightening/evangelizing people by playing football you're delusional.

The fact that people are treating him like Jesus is blatant blasphemy if you are a Christian.(The Tebow spamshirts with JESUS replacing TEBOW.)

I agree, except the "Play football or be a preacher, stop trying to do both" part for no other reason than that we've got some real scumbags in the NFL who "preach" (through their off-field actions) behavior that I don't like kids seeing... DUIs, domestic abuse, road rage, rape, etc.

I'd much rather my kids look up to Tebow than the scumbags, so it's a nice change. I just hope that Tebow is legit and we don't find him in Colorado Springs doing meth with male prostitutes.

I don't disagree that Tebow is a good role model, and that plenty of players are douchebags, but there's a difference between being a good role model (no drugs, prostitutes, rape, DUI, beating women, etc) and running around kneeling in pray, praising God and acting as if God has some personal interest in whether your team wins or loses.

The problem is, how do you actively promote not doing bad behavior? Look at Brian Dawkins on the same team... I believe that he's a good and decent person who would make a great role model, but he's not actively pushing his faith, eventho I think he's just as religious as Tebow. I don't think Dawkins has ever been accused of such bad behavior, but that's the point... he doesn't get the media attention.

It's really hard to "preach" moderate, proper behavior as the media won't cover it. It takes a Tebow-type to get the message of decency to compete with the bad noise.

That is true, and a sad commentary on our society and media. People want to hear about the bad stuff, not anything good that happens.

Personally I think the idea of athletes, entertainers, celebrities as role models is silly. But I know it happens, and will continue despite how I feel. Kids should look up to their parents, teachers, volunteers in the community, etc. Not somebody who can throw a ball, sing a song etc.

Wouldn't that be kind of hypocritical considering his religious beliefs are a personal choice and not something he has to share with the media. Let alone public all the public displays in games (Tebowing, thanking God when something goes their way, saying "God had a hand in that" when the tide of a game turns.) Yet he does that all the time, in fact it is a key part of who he is (has been since college from what I hear).

I think that is the problem some have with him. I'm not overly religious, and I generally don't like people trying to force their religion on me or anybody else. I feel that is what Tebow is doing. Play football or be a preacher, stop trying to do both. I don't care what you think God put you on this planet to do. If you think you're converting/enlightening/evangelizing people by playing football you're delusional.

The fact that people are treating him like Jesus is blatant blasphemy if you are a Christian.(The Tebow spamshirts with JESUS replacing TEBOW.)

I don't see it as hypocritical. Simply because he chooses to share one aspect of his life does not require him to share all aspects of his life. He is religious and he chooses to share that with media and the public in general. He's allowed to draw the line in discussing his sexual activity, political beliefs, etc.

I don't see it as hypocritical. Simply because he chooses to share one aspect of his life does not require him to share all aspects of his life. He is religious and he chooses to share that with media and the public in general. He's allowed to draw the line in discussing his sexual activity, political beliefs, etc.

Fair enough. How about questions like

- Why do you kneel in prayer during the game? What are you praying for?

- Why do you say things like "God had a hand in that one" when the game swings in the Broncos favor (he did this while wired for sound in the Bears game when Barber ran out of bounds, or the fumble forget which one, saw/heard it on NFL Replay)

- Do you really believe that God cares whether your team win's or loses? Or that he is directly impacting the games somehow?

Would those be fair, since he's opened up his religious beliefs? (And since some people's religious beliefs include whether they are sexually active before marriage I'm not sure the question about being a virgei were that much out of line.)

- Why do you say things like "God had a hand in that one" when the game swings in the Broncos favor (he did this while wired for sound in the Bears game when Barber ran out of bounds, or the fumble forget which one, saw/heard it on NFL Replay)

- Do you really believe that God cares whether your team win's or loses? Or that he is directly impacting the games somehow?

Would those be fair, since he's opened up his religious beliefs? (And since some people's religious beliefs include whether they are sexually active before marriage I'm not sure the question about being a virgei were that much out of line.)

I think questions about his religion are fair given that he's put it out there. But again, I still wouldn't see it as hypocritical if he didn't want to answer 'religion' questions either.

And to take your example to a hyperbolic extreme--yes, one's sexuality and sexual activity can certainly be influenced by one's religious beliefs. Given that, would this be a fair question--"Tim--do you masturbate and if so, how often? Also, what fantasy runs through your head when you masturbate? Just wondering if you use various devices or just your hand? Given that your left handed, do you use your right hand when attempting 'a stranger,? What does the bible say about your masturbatory behavior?"

Finally, I don't think his refusal to answer specific questions makes him a hypocrite based on the definition of 'hypocrite?'

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

Thus, Tebow would be a hypocrite if his religious beliefs prohibit him from engaging in premarital sexual activity and he advocated following these beliefs but in reality he was having premarital sex. Refusing to answer questions about his sexual activity, by itself, does not make him a hypocrite.

I would certainly ask him if he thinks it's fair to his team and owners/fans that he kneels and prays? during critical points of the game? Is he thinking of the game and strategy, etc. and then a short prayer or is it six minutes of prayer and being completely oblivious to the game?

Tim: Jesus isn't helping you win football games! Jesus is more of an NHL guy. I swear once I was playing a couple years ago and I kept hearing in my head "Put that biscuit in the five hole!" I did and scored. I guess now I should get a Hawks jersey with Jesus on the back. Oh wait that would be really stupid.

I presume you meant to not get laid.

I also presume he would say that "First I would like to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." I imagine he would then say that Christ invites all into his Father's kingdom, sinners and the repentent alike, and that we are all sinners. If, upon then being pinned down as to whether the practice or act of homosexuality is a sin; I imagine he would state that the Bible teaches that it is.

You seem to take pleasure in wanting him to face a "gotcha" question. Has he done something to upset you? Has not his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ repeatedly allowed his image to appear in the cheese of the pizza you sell? Why the hate?

Oh, as to the women perhaps Rocky's trainer Mickey Goldberg had it right, "Women weaken Legs". That's why I could never become truly great at sports. I kept allowing my legs to be weakened.

I like the reply

i can't wait for the refs to flag him for unsportsmanlike or delay of game.

He gets more attention while the clock is stopped than that stupid leap they do up north. Which should be banned, I have been waiting for some crazed fan to shank a player. Seriously seems a little dangerous. :wacko:

[

English is not my first language either. I was taught American which is English, but English starved of discipline, rule, and elogence. American is Englishe's idiot country cousin. Sadly, I have yet to master American, more less the more complex and proper English.

My Spanish and Italian are at about the level of a three year old, and not a particularly quick-witted one. As for German and Dutch, well I recognize a few words or expressions above those recognized by non-speakers. I only know one phrase in Korean. That phrase means "Watch it, wrong hole!!"

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

If I spelled it correctly folks would not believe it was me. I do know that it is e,e,a,e.

English was my first language, with Italian/Spanish and some lame French and German as well. I am learning Korean and Cantonese and when I progress enough I will say Tebow sucks in multiple languages. By that time he won't suck because he will be playing H back and running and throwing the occasional downfield bomb by then.

English is not my first language either. I was taught American which is English, but English starved of discipline, rule, and elogence. American is Englishe's idiot country cousin. Sadly, I have yet to master American, more less the more complex and proper English.

My Spanish and Italian are at about the level of a three year old, and not a particularly quick-witted one. As for German and Dutch, well I recognize a few words or expressions above those recognized by non-speakers. I only know one phrase in Korean. That phrase means "Watch it, wrong hole!!"

So you are suggesting everyone in England speaks proper English & everyone in America does not? You haven't spent much time in England, have you? Good luck understanding what most of those inbred's are saying. :wacko:

So you are suggesting everyone in England speaks proper English & everyone in America does not? You haven't spent much time in England, have you? Good luck understanding what most of those inbred's are saying. :wacko:

No, mostly I was having some fun. As for time in England, no I have not spent muchtime . I have just passed through, generally on my my to Scotland, or Holland where I have siblings. In a statistical rarity all four of us made our adult homes more than a thousand miles from our birth place.

No, mostly I was having some fun. As for time in England, no I have not spent muchtime . I have just passed through, generally on my my to Scotland, or Holland where I have siblings. In a statistical rarity all four of us made our adult homes more than a thousand miles from our birth place.

As was I. <-- Please note the proper Engrish. :wacko:

This.

I also find it funny that people are assuming that he's "Tebowing" at the expense of more important things he can do on the sidelines, as if I haven't seen more than a little screwing around on the sidelines by other players. You'd think that every other player but him was spending every second on the sidelines talking to their position coach. Are we implying that Tebow never spends a few minutes with his QB coach looking over the photos like we see others doing? Fox is a pretty no-nonsense guy, and I'm sure he'd wouldn't take to kindly to Tebow saying, "Sorry coach, no time to go over the last series, I need to go take a knee and talk to our savior."

Perhaps there are more idiots who give enough of a crap about his religion to "hate" him for it than I thought. Though I still think the number is much smaller than people pretend, mind you. And I'm still rather annoyed by the assumption that anyone who doesn't embrace him as a QB must hate him because of his faith. And I'm still hearing that. Oddly, not so much while he was crapping the bed down the stretch in the regular season, but it's back in full force now.

If I may ask, I believe SNOWBOUND, why does ha have to choose between being a QB and being "a preacher"? How is he a preacher? He's just saying what he thinks. Dude obviously has very, very strong beliefs in god. Me telling him to shut up about it is as bad as someone insisting that I accept their god. And the second Tebow crosses that line, is the second I'll "hate" him for his beliefs. Mind you, I'm not exactly holding my breath for that day. Kid seems to be built of better stuff than that.

Edited by detlef