[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow just threw for 316 yards...coincidence?

SpinalTapp

So you are suggesting everyone in England speaks proper English & everyone in America does not? You haven't spent much time in England, have you? Good luck understanding what most of those inbred's are saying. :wacko:

That you can't understand half the things they're saying sort of makes the point. I recall talking to an old English guy once, who said, "I don't intend to disparage the language you speak in this country, but it's American, not English. We speak English in England and the two languages are not exactly

the same."

Saying we don't speak the "Queen's English" is only a knock on how we talk here if you want it to be.

Mind you, that logic doesn't hold in terms of how many versions of Spanish gets spoken throughout the world.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are suggesting everyone in England speaks proper English & everyone in America does not? You haven't spent much time in England, have you? Good luck understanding what most of those inbred's are saying. :wacko:

:tup: Anyone who watches Sons of Anarchy has to run the show back at least 5 times to catch half of what Chibs is saying.

D-beebee our gunna doer anite mit da AKs an slamma cracka mit dose Mayans, eh Jackieboy?

Holy crap. A lot of BS that people are laying on Tebow's doorstep that as far as I can see has not been addressed by Tebow himself. As far as I can see, the kid loves to play football and he wears his Christian beliefs on his sleeve. When he "Tebows" on the sideline during the course of a game, I don't think he does it in any way, shape, or form for the attention. It's his way of asking for inspiration/focus or giving thanks, depending upon the circumstances. The cameras and the networks are the people who show it repeatedly and gratuitously. You have an issue with having to watch Tebow genuflect in his way, take it up with them. I'm not quite sure why it would offend anyone in the first place, unless you simply are seeking to be offended.

Ray Lewis does the exact same thing in a much more aggitated, aggressive, open, and loud manner and people think he's great - his point of focus is just different.

Edited by Bronco Billy

This.

I also find it funny that people are assuming that he's "Tebowing" at the expense of more important things he can do on the sidelines, as if I haven't seen more than a little screwing around on the sidelines by other players. You'd think that every other player but him was spending every second on the sidelines talking to their position coach. Are we implying that Tebow never spends a few minutes with his QB coach looking over the photos like we see others doing? Fox is a pretty no-nonsense guy, and I'm sure he'd wouldn't take to kindly to Tebow saying, "Sorry coach, no time to go over the last series, I need to go take a knee and talk to our savior."

Perhaps there are more idiots who give enough of a crap about his religion to "hate" him for it than I thought. Though I still think the number is much smaller than people pretend, mind you. And I'm still rather annoyed by the assumption that anyone who doesn't embrace him as a QB must hate him because of his faith. And I'm still hearing that. Oddly, not so much while he was crapping the bed down the stretch in the regular season, but it's back in full force now.

If I may ask, I believe SNOWBOUND, why does ha have to choose between being a QB and being "a preacher"? How is he a preacher? He's just saying what he thinks. Dude obviously has very, very strong beliefs in god. Me telling him to shut up about it is as bad as someone insisting that I accept their god. And the second Tebow crosses that line, is the second I'll "hate" him for his beliefs. Mind you, I'm not exactly holding my breath for that day. Kid seems to be built of better stuff than that.

I don't believe I ever said that. He doesn't have to choose. It will be chosen for him.

Right you are, I now see that was someone else. My apologies.

Yeah, I think I said that.

On the Tebowing, to me it just seems over the top, another thing being done by an athlete to get attention. Obviously I could be wrong about Tebow, maybe he'd do it if a camera never showed it. Some have told me that Tebow doesn't think God/Jesus cares whether the wins, or has an affect on the games. But then I've heard Tebow make statements that contradict that during the game. If he's joking its a bad joke. Or maybe I just don't understand evangelical types.

And as with many things, my issue really lies with the media and their constant coverage of anything. Heck Jay Leno who rarely mentions any athlete that isn't in trouble with the law is talking about Tebow after his games (because it is a popular subject).

Yeah, I think I said that.

On the Tebowing, to me it just seems over the top, another thing being done by an athlete to get attention. Obviously I could be wrong about Tebow, maybe he'd do it if a camera never showed it. Some have told me that Tebow doesn't think God/Jesus cares whether the wins, or has an affect on the games. But then I've heard Tebow make statements that contradict that during the game. If he's joking its a bad joke. Or maybe I just don't understand evangelical types.

And as with many things, my issue really lies with the media and their constant coverage of anything. Heck Jay Leno who rarely mentions any athlete that isn't in trouble with the law is talking about Tebow after his games (because it is a popular subject).

Talk about sucks=Jay Leno! :wacko:

Talk about sucks=Jay Leno! :wacko:

List the shows you watch, I'm sure I'll find a few that I think suck.

Heck the average american thinks that American Idol and Dancing with the Stars are great programs, and I'd barf if I had watch them. Same goes for most of the "reality TV" genre. I'd rather watch reruns of Seinfeild or All In the Family than most of the stuff on TV today.

List the shows you watch, I'm sure I'll find a few that I think suck.

Heck the average american thinks that American Idol and Dancing with the Stars are great programs, and I'd barf if I had watch them. Same goes for most of the "reality TV" genre. I'd rather watch reruns of Seinfeild or All In the Family than most of the stuff on TV today.

All in the Family is one of my all time favorites. As far as those other shows they are mostly crap in between commercials. Except Seinfeld.

I was just saying I don't find Jay funny too often. He DOES have good taste in cars and motorcycles though. I think he is a good guy (charity, etc.) I just never liked his "comedy".

Wow, talk about off topic.

OK, so maybe someone can explain this to me:

I'm now staring to hear about how it's a forgone conclusion that there will someday be a movie about Tebow. Today it was an agree-fest on the local radio. The host and basically every caller were just marveling at the possibilities. The only question, it seemed, was which of the many angles would you go with.

What, exactly, are the angles?

He's a big-strong kid, so it's not a Rudy thing. That's for sure. When Tebow comes running out of the tunnel, you don't ask yourself why they gave the equipment manager a uniform.

He didn't come out of nowhere. The first time I ever heard of him was his Freshman year, when he was the 2nd string QB on UF. The guy they'd trot out to run that weird jump-shot TD pass thing. He was playing at what was arguably the #1 football program in the country during his time. In other words, if Florida wanted him, he must have done something impressive in HS.

And all you heard about was that he was Urban Meyer's golden child. Just wait, he's going to be special. And he was. So he won a heisman and such. And then he was drafted in the 1st round. Totally lived up to the hype, but hyped he was.

So, both of those sort of squash any "against all odds" angle you might run.

So then there's the Christian angle. OK, and that makes him different from the vast majority of NFL players how? Heck, forget the guys who wear crosses and go to strip clubs, he's still not the first openly Christian player who walked the walk.

I guess, if this is really true. If Tebow is a movie just waiting to happen. Why haven't we made the Kurt Warner movie yet? He's got Tebow beat on basically every story line.

He did come out of nowhere. Played for some random school. Jumped back and forth between Arena ball and bagging groceries. Has an pure as spring water off the field story about marrying a single mother and adopting her children who I believe have some learning disability or something? Oh, and then he goes on to be an amazing QB, gets thrown to the curb, looks like he's washed up with NY, then resurfaces as back-up in AZ only to lead them to a SB where they narrowly lose in one of the most exciting finishes ever for a SB.

Not trying to knock Tebow here. Just wondering where this whole bit is coming from.

I'm now staring to hear about how it's a forgone conclusion that there will someday be a movie about Tebow. Today it was an agree-fest on the local radio. The host and basically every caller were just marveling at the possibilities. The only question, it seemed, was which of the many angles would you go with.

He's a big-strong kid, so it's not a Rudy thing. That's for sure. When Tebow comes running out of the tunnel, you don't ask yourself why they gave the equipment manager a uniform.

He didn't come out of nowhere. The first time I ever heard of him was his Freshman year, when he was the 2nd string QB on UF. The guy they'd trot out to run that weird jump-shot TD pass thing. He was playing at what was arguably the #1 football program in the country during his time. In other words, if Florida wanted him, he must have done something impressive in HS.

And all you heard about was that he was Urban Meyer's golden child. Just wait, he's going to be special. And he was. So he won a heisman and such. And then he was drafted in the 1st round. Totally lived up to the hype, but hyped he was.

So, both of those sort of squash any "against all odds" angle you might run.

So then there's the Christian angle. OK, and that makes him different from the vast majority of NFL players how? Heck, forget the guys who wear crosses and go to strip clubs, he's still not the first openly Christian player who walked the walk.

I guess, if this is really true. If Tebow is a movie just waiting to happen. Why haven't we made the Kurt Warner movie yet? He's got Tebow beat on basically every story line.

He did come out of nowhere. Played for some random school. Jumped back and forth between Arena ball and bagging groceries. Has an pure as spring water off the field story about marrying a single mother and adopting her children who I believe have some learning disability or something? Oh, and then he goes on to be an amazing QB, gets thrown to the curb, looks like he's washed up with NY, then resurfaces as back-up in AZ only to lead them to a SB where they narrowly lose in one of the most exciting finishes ever for a SB.

Not trying to knock Tebow here. Just wondering where this whole bit is coming from.

I think it was already made, but it started as a play/musical before hitting the big screen.

Jesus Christ Superstar?

I think Tebow is just a pawn of the religious right. He's a controversial figure as a football player anyhow. Because of his openness about his religion, whenever anyone criticizes him as a player, the religious nuts have had a stellar campaign of making it be about his religion rather than his football. Say something loud and often enough and it becomes true in the public mindset.

Tebow can wait, Part 1 came out quite some time ago. Part 2 is being chronicled now with him being put brack into his own body.