[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers OC Son is Missing

The Next Generation

The son of Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin has gone missing in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.

Michael Philbin was last heard from at around 2AM Sunday after visiting friends in Oshkosh. They reported him missing on Sunday evening. The 21-year-old was sentenced to six months in jail in 2009 after he was convicted of sexually assaulting two young girls, and two counts of battery. The Packers are preparing to face the Giants in Sunday's Divisional round playoff game.

Impact on game?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The son of Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin has gone missing in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.

Michael Philbin was last heard from at around 2AM Sunday after visiting friends in Oshkosh. They reported him missing on Sunday evening. The 21-year-old was sentenced to six months in jail in 2009 after he was convicted of sexually assaulting two young girls, and two counts of battery. The Packers are preparing to face the Giants in Sunday's Divisional round playoff game.

Impact on game?

No

Impact on game?

What does this have to do with him going missing in January of 2012? :wacko:

That he has a history of making decisions that can put himself and others at risk of physical harm?

That's what I got. I can understand that this could be considered unfair to the kid, but I suppose one of the prices you pay for being arrested for sexual assault and battery is that those things get brought up in times like these.

What does this have to do with him going missing in January of 2012? :wacko:

Not a thing and stupid that they added it

See below.

That he has a history of making decisions that can put himself and others at risk of physical harm?

He could be missing for any reason, however, once someone engages in making poor decisions, that remains in people's memories in the back of their minds. Would anyone be shocked to see him mixed up in wrong-doing again? That's the thing about one's history, the actual moment may be over and in the past but it lives on forever and will always make people think. That's just the way it is and can't be helped. I hope he's fine and that both he and the family get through this okay.

See below.

He could be missing for any reason, however, once someone engages in making poor decisions, that remains in people's memories in the back of their minds. Would anyone be shocked to see him mixed up in wrong-doing again? That's the thing about one's history, the actual moment may be over and in the past but it lives on forever and will always make people think. That's just the way it is and can't be helped. I hope he's fine and that both he and the family get through this okay.

I don't think he's fine.

I don't think he's fine.

yeah, started typing before Big John's reply.

Maybe has more to do with it than I thought? :wacko:

Unfortunately, it probably did. Either way, it's a shame.

sucks. I believe multiple students have died in there. Accident or not? Sucks for the packers too.

Nah, where the students kept drowning was in LaCrosse.

I've been drunk PLENTY of times in Oshkosh (5 yrs undergrad + 1 yr after) and managed to not fall into the river.

The thing that bugs me about the mention of the sexual assault case is the use of the phrase "young girls" in the AP story. To my thinking, "young girls" would be children in the 6-12 range. However, Philbin was 17 and had sex with two drunken 16-year-olds. Now, taking advantage of drunken minors is indeed a crime (not to mention flat-out horrible behavior) but the AP story almost makes it sound like he was a pedophile trolling local grade schools for victims.

Again: not defending creepers who victimize passed out persons (or highly inebriated ones) but "young girls" is a highly charged choice of words, and this is either laziness or editorializing on the part of the AP staffer who wrote the story.

Nah, where the students kept drowning was in LaCrosse.

I've been drunk PLENTY of times in Oshkosh (5 yrs undergrad + 1 yr after) and managed to not fall into the river.

La Crosse has had its share of victims for sure. This is a very sad story with a sad outcome. :wacko:

The thing that bugs me about the mention of the sexual assault case is the use of the phrase "young girls" in the AP story. To my thinking, "young girls" would be children in the 6-12 range. However, Philbin was 17 and had sex with two drunken 16-year-olds. Now, taking advantage of drunken minors is indeed a crime (not to mention flat-out horrible behavior) but the AP story almost makes it sound like he was a pedophile trolling local grade schools for victims.

Again: not defending creepers who victimize passed out persons (or highly inebriated ones) but "young girls" is a highly charged choice of words, and this is either laziness or editorializing on the part of the AP staffer who wrote the story.

That's a big difference. Very misleading to put that in there, imo.

Reminds me of a headline I remember seeing in the SF Chronicle "Janikowski Found With Date Rape Drug". The story then goes on to explain that dude was just looking to get high and taking the drugs himself. Kind of messed up putting dude's name along with "Date Rape" when he was just partying.