[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers OC Son is Missing

The Next Generation

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, where the students kept drowning was in LaCrosse.

I've been drunk PLENTY of times in Oshkosh (5 yrs undergrad + 1 yr after) and managed to not fall into the river.

Got any snow yet? what the hell is going on?

Edited by SNOWBOUND33

Got any snow yet? what the hell is going on?

I have no idea. I usually assume the longer we go without, the more the hammer comes down when it gets here - i.e. we have NO snow from Nov-well into Jan, so rest of Jan - April or so it won't stop snowing. At all.

That could be a big distraction. I remember when Dungy's son committed suicide in the week leading up to their game. They were the #1 seed as well.

I think the major difference is it was the head coaches son, where as Philbin is the OC in name, with McCarthy calling the plays. It could also further rally the players. I remember when Zimmer's wife died unexpectedly and the Bengals played great. The Packers may not win the game, but it won't be because of the death this week.

I have no idea. I usually assume the longer we go without, the more the hammer comes down when it gets here - i.e. we have NO snow from Nov-well into Jan, so rest of Jan - April or so it won't stop snowing. At all.

got a place in Adams. I'll buy you one if it ever snows.

Reminds me of a headline I remember seeing in the SF Chronicle "Janikowski Found With Date Rape Drug". The story then goes on to explain that dude was just looking to get high and taking the drugs himself. Kind of messed up putting dude's name along with "Date Rape" when he was just partying.

Did it not occur to you that he intended to get himself so intoxicated that he would put up no resistence when he went to rub one out? Dude is a seriously twisted freak.

Reminds me of a headline I remember seeing in the SF Chronicle "Janikowski Found With Date Rape Drug". The story then goes on to explain that dude was just looking to get high and taking the drugs himself. Kind of messed up putting dude's name along with "Date Rape" when he was just partying.

I remember this story. It all started when someone told him to go F himself

• 1 month later...

and they want pot to be legal. when has any good come from this crap? not to mention it is overrated.

When has any good come from legal cigarettes or alcohol? Or coca-cola, for that matter.

and they want pot to be legal. when has any good come from this crap? not to mention it is overrated.

That would be a double negative.

It's funny that you blame it on the pot yet he had alcohol in his system too.

That would be a double negative.

It's funny that you blame it on the pot yet he had alcohol in his system too.

I never said pot was to blame for his accident and I do not find anything "funny" as you say about this man's death. Alcohol is just as much at fault if not more at fault, if you want me to start blaming things for this accident. Please do not infer that my earlier post was a blaming post. I just find it silly that those who want pot legal claim it harmless. When combined with alcohol, all effects are magnified. If pot was to be legalized, then you will have more accidents like this, not to say that you don't already have enough. Then you could go on about prescription meds and any other drug for that matter.

When has any good come from legal cigarettes or alcohol? Or coca-cola, for that matter.

I do find one good use for coca-cola ... it sure does make my copper pings looks good after a full nights soaking

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

I've done far more stupid things, over the years, with drink in me, than I have with herb.

having wasted 22+ years of my life using both, I can tell you all about it. There is nothing that you can tell me that I don't already know, in this regard.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

I never said pot was to blame for his accident and I do not find anything "funny" as you say about this man's death.

Nor do I in the least. "Funny" in that context is meant as odd, not hilarious. :shrug:

I find it odd because you only mentioned the Josh Gordon as the cause and used that to get on your soapbox about the legalization of it when the fact of the matter is that at a BA level of .176, it's likely that had much more to do with his death than anything. Especially given that alcohol actually makes you much more susceptible to the cold.

Alcohol is just as much at fault if not more at fault, if you want me to start blaming things for this accident. Please do not infer that my earlier post was a blaming post. I just find it silly that those who want pot legal claim it harmless. When combined with alcohol, all effects are magnified. If pot was to be legalized, then you will have more accidents like this, not to say that you don't already have enough. Then you could go on about prescription meds and any other drug for that matter.

I don't think anyone claims it to be really harmless. The argument is that it's no more & even possibly less harmless than alcohol, yet it's vilified as if it's some horrible, evil drug. Keep in mind that I do not smoke it, haven't smoked it in 20+ years nor do I want to, so I've got nothing to gain if it were to be legalized.