[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raiders Fire Coach

KOKIDKOKID

New GM starts today - McKenzie...maybe he wanted his own coach in there and/or Hue Jackson may have gotten drunk with power and he totally threw the team under the bus immediately after their final loss of the season.

KO'd

It's not like this is Tom Landry we're talking about here.

It's a new GM,potentially the first actual GM the franchise has had with the passing of Al Davis, and while Oakland did battle injuries, someone paid a lot for Carson Palmer when there wasn't really a market to do so, and he didn't get them anywhere but losing 3 of 4 down the stretch in a very winnable division.

Jackson's alright, he'll turn up someplace, but I wouldn't crap myself with tears if I'm a Raider fan.

It's a new GM,potentially the first actual GM the franchise has had with the passing of Al Davis, and while Oakland did battle injuries, someone paid a lot for Carson Palmer when there wasn't really a market to do so, and he didn't get them anywhere but losing 3 of 4 down the stretch in a very winnable division.

Jackson's alright, he'll turn up someplace, but I wouldn't crap myself with tears if I'm a Raider fan.

yep

New GM starts today - McKenzie...maybe he wanted his own coach in there and/or Hue Jackson may have gotten drunk with power and he totally threw the team under the bus immediately after their final loss of the season.

KO'd

The two bolded make this not surprising, especially when you add that the loss in week 17 cost them a playoff spot.

Edited by keggerz

:tup:

Hopefully the new GM has an idea of what he is doing. The first thing that popped in my head was, "that's great, the Raiders could use more instability at the HC position" :wacko:

Yep, look at all the good teams in the league, they hire a new HC every 2-3 years whether they need it or not.

And people still wonder why guys like Gruden and Cowher don't seem interested in returning to coaching.

This.

I think HC. He is likely taking someone he knows from the Packers.

This.

I like Jackson as a coach, but with the passing of Al Davis, he developed a Ceasar-Complex and was getting a bit too power hungry. I think this would make any new GM uncomfortable.

McKenzie said - It's not personal, I just want my guy. And Mark Davis supported it.

As a Raider fan, I'm pretty indifferent. I didn't have a problem giving a 1st/2nd for Palmer, as I think he'll be a top 10-15 QB for the next few seasons. Yes, he had a lot of picks - but he never got an equal chance to learn the offense in training camp and threw three of them in his opening game after two days on the team.

I'm excited about having a real GM, especially one from a very well run organization. I'm excited to see what McKenzie, and most likely Moss can do with the team.

Yep, Idiocy to fire a coach who's team led the league in penalties, as well as fell apart massively late in the season. Complete idiocy.

Who also threw his players under the bus...

Who also said that he was going to pick the next gm.

Who was obviously power hungry.

Complete idiocy... Yep.