[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Predictions for this weekend's games

BeeR

I like your winners, but I think NO slaughters SF - everyone is saying it'll be close. And, I like the Texans to hang tough with the Ravens.

Dude...didn't you just comment on the success of SF and their offense in another thread? If they were so successful, then why will they get killed at home in their first playoff game?

Dude...didn't you just comment on the success of SF and their offense in another thread? If they were so successful, then why will they get killed at home in their first playoff game?

Umm...no. I said that they had success with an old-school philosophy of ground/pound and strong D indicating that it CAN be successful. They are 13-3, so it has worked thus far. I just think that NO is a different animal this year and won't be denied. They are continuing to score even with the game seemingly in-hand and I think they beat SF by 2 TDs. Next year may be a different story, though....

ETA: Final score = 31-17 Saints

Edited by The Next Generation

I think DMD's Game Predictions are pretty much spot on. I feel that the only upset would be SF over the Saints, but I think everyone underestimates the ability of Pierre Thomas and Sproles receiving. You just cannot cover everyone and Brees and Sean Payton have no problem throwing the ball every play.

Texans - 24

Ravens - 20

Packers - 42

Giants - 35

Broncos - 21

Patriots - 20

49ers - 27

Saints - 24

3 dogs winning, i just don't see it

My best guess is BAL, NYG, NE & NO win this weekend.

My winning percentage is crap - always bet againstmy picks!

Texans

Packers

Patriots

49ers

win.

I think Yates is going to do alright and AJ will show us what we were missing all season.

I think the Packers D will be just good enough to beat the Giants, but it's going to be a close one. Eli throws a pick to seal it for GB in the end. Or the Giants fold like a house of cards and lose by 20+, but I think it will be close.

If Tebow can play like he did last week, this will be a lot closer that we think. I just don't buy it yet and think he turns back into a pumpkin in NE.

As a rabid 49ers fan, GO NINERS! We've been pumping bay water in under the field all week and we are ready to rumble. 7-9 Seahawks beat the Saints last year, NFC West curse continues for NO.

Edited by hardway

As a rabid 49ers fan, GO NINERS! We've been pumping bay water in under the field all week and we are ready to rumble. 7-9 Seahawks beat the Saints last year, NFC West curse continues for NO.

I sure hope so. If nothing else, it will at least prove all the people right who have been talking about how NO will struggle in what "should be soggy conditions". Hell, I just listened to Mike and Mike and got the same story. Why are all these people assuming it's going to be wet and nasty? It was referenced earlier in the week and checked the weather. Nope, 5 straight days of sunny and 60s. Heard it again today, so again I checked. Perhaps a front moved in. Nope, "Sunny, along with a few afternoon clouds. Near record high temperatures. High 66F. Winds light and variable." That's it. That's the crazy weather everyone keeps saying is going to be the equalizer.

Looks like our Niners are just going to have to go out there and play better football than the Saints if they want to move on.

Weather will play a factor in a few of the games this weekend:

very windy and bitter cold for the Pats/Broncos tomorrow night.

Rain and snow expected in GB for the Packers/Giants.

On the flip side, sunny and 66 degrees in SF tomorrow with light winds....perfect for the Saints to do what they do.

Chilly but sunny and calm in Baltimore on Sunday....no effect on the game expected.

Weather will play a factor in a few of the games this weekend:

very windy and bitter cold for the Pats/Broncos tomorrow night.

Rain and snow expected in GB for the Packers/Giants.

On the flip side, sunny and 66 degrees in SF tomorrow with light winds....perfect for the Saints to do what they do.

Chilly but sunny and calm in Baltimore on Sunday....no effect on the game expected.

http://nflweather.com/

http://www.wunderground.com/sports/NFL/

No precipitation in GB.

Might not me that cold in NE.