[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

why the Giants will beat the Packers this sunday

isleseeya

The Giants will beat the Packers this sunday ...it wont be easy but it will happen and here is why :

1. Greg Jennings will not be ready ...he wont be able to play anywhere near like Greg Jennings can

2. Giants Pass rush is now at a level last seen when they beat the Pats in SB

3. Eli Manning is playing best football of his career and has great weapons at wr

4. Packer Defense has been bad ...in some cases terribly bad

5. Giants will run the ball a whole lot better than Packers will

and Most Importantly This It worked once in 2008 ,maybe it can work again now

Go Big Blue

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish the Packers could have faced some pass rushers this season so they could have some idea of what a pass rush can do. You know, guys like Jared Allen, Julius Peppers Tambi Hali. Ideally of course they would have faced the Giants themselves, but alas, it was not to be.

It would also be nice if the Packers were hot going into this game, winning say 3 out of their last 4 games. Too bad this 15-1 tdidn't win 3 out of its last 4 games. If they had maybe they would be hot right now too.

I just wish the Packers could have faced some pass rushers this season so they could have some idea of what a pass rush can do. You know, guys like Jared Allen, Julius Peppers Tambi Hali. Ideally of course they would have faced the Giants themselves, but alas, it was not to be.

It would also be nice if the Packers were hot going into this game, winning say 3 out of their last 4 games. Too bad this 15-1 tdidn't win 3 out of its last 4 games. If they had maybe they would be hot right now too.

:wacko:

+1

Go Pack Go!

The Giants will beat the Packers this sunday ...it wont be easy but it will happen and here is why :

No they won't.

1. Greg Jennings will not be ready ...he wont be able to play anywhere near like Greg Jennings can

Yes he will.

3. Eli Manning is playing best football of his career and has great weapons at wr

Aaron Rodgers

As has NYG. Green Bay gets turnovers

Running while down by 14?

Brett Favre isn't here.

Go Big Blue

You're right. Maybe if the Packers went 9-7 they would have a better chance on Sunday. As it stands, I just don't see it happening.

There are only two ways the Packers lose to the Giants:

1. AR plays the entire game like the KC Game. (Not likely to happen.)

2. The GB Defense plays like the one who was around to get scored upon almost at will by teams with winning records.

I don't see it happening, but the last Giant game came down to a field goal.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

Go Big Blue

Up for a sig bet? Or an avatar bet? :wacko:

I picked this in the upset thread over a week ago. Ditkaless has good points (you forgot Suh) but the Giants DL is peaking at the moment and getting to Rodgers is the only way to beat them. Secondaries don't matter against them.

Also, Luke McCown and Kahlil Bell lit up the D three weeks ago - third stringers.

Love all the Giants 'their hot' team right now talk. What the heck is 15-1? Packers have won 2 in a row. Giants 3(with a playoff game). Let's see, they've beaten Dallas, NYJ and Atlanta. The three scariest teams I can think of...

I would be completely shocked if the upset were to happen. I think all this talk is just to keep up the interest.

Most of the talk about the Giants barely losing to GB a few weeks ago is how there were 4 plays that changed the game in GB's favor. Did anyone watch the game? The refs did. The replay guys did.

There's also talk about OSI missing the game. Why doesn't anyone talk about the missing Packer players? There were quite a few(5, not counting the guys out for the season). Those players will be back this week.

And 2007 is 4 years ago. Stop living in the past!

Also, Mike Greene is picking the Giants, so that just about locks it up for Green Bay.

I'm more afraid of the result of next week's game. I hope GB doesn't use up all their emotion for this week, but that's talk for next week, after Green Bay wins!

OL - edge Giants.

RB - edge Giants.

Receivers - very close, ESPN says edge Giants slightly.

DL - large edge Giants.

LB - edge GB.

Secondary - close...maybe even.

QB - this is where GB dominates. As good as Eli has been this year, ARod is awesome.

Add it up and outside of Rodgers being all time great this season I think the Giants are a better team. So my thought is if GB wins it is 100% because we say Sunday night...wow Rodgers was a monster today. Not good, or very good, or even great, we will be saying he was a monster and just couldn't be stopped.

We'll see if that happens.

Last time the Giants faced an elite QB (Rodgers), they got torched for 38 points. The time before that they got torched for 49 points (Brees). They did hold Brady to 20 points earlier in the year, and Tarvaris Jackson to 36, so clearly, they'll beat the Packers because they have a great pass rush.

OL - edge Giants.

RB - edge Giants.

Receivers - very close, ESPN says edge Giants slightly.

DL - large edge Giants.

LB - edge GB.

Secondary - close...maybe even.

QB - this is where GB dominates. As good as Eli has been this year, ARod is awesome.

This looks about right. I think the run game will be the decider for the Giants. They sucked running the ball for most of the season, now suddenly look like their old selves. If they can eat the clock and keep it away from Rodgers, they have a chance. Especially in the 4th quarter when most likely the score will be close and it could be a game where the last team with the ball wins.

Since we're throwing out the 15-1 home team vs. 9-7 road team out with the logic, we'll ignore the #32 ranked Giants rushing offense this season for the weekend as well.