[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drumbers

nuke'em ttg

You'll know within 2 months whether or not you'll have the natural talent to play anything that resembles actual music. I do think the learning curve tends to be a bit quicker than most other instruments, if you have the ability to keep 3 different rhythms going at the same time. The large majority of people that try can never do it. It is really hard to get the hang of.

Do you know how to read music? You'll probably want to start with a snare and bass, then incorporate a hi-hat. If you can manage to get those down, the rest is relative gravy.

You'll know within 2 months whether or not you'll have the natural talent to play anything that resembles actual music. I do think the learning curve tends to be a bit quicker than most other instruments, if you have the ability to keep 3 different rhythms going at the same time. The large majority of people that try can never do it. It is really hard to get the hang of.

Do you know how to read music? You'll probably want to start with a snare and bass, then incorporate a hi-hat. If you can manage to get those down, the rest is relative gravy.

my kid just said he doesn't think i have what it takes, maybe try standup comedy....jackass...ok no i can't read music

my kid just said he doesn't think i have what it takes, maybe try standup comedy....jackass...ok no i can't read music

You can learn to read music a lot more quickly with the drums than others as well, but that is the first thing I'd learn how to do. You won't even really need to learn which line is which note, but you'll need it to keep time.

Do yourself (and your wife) a favor by skipping a drum set and get a pair of sticks and a drum pad. It'll cost you less than $50 and you can use it to learn to play. Then try to learn the rudiments of drumming. Here they are defined and there are many videos on the web showing how to correctly play each one. Once you have these down, then and only then should you graduate to a full drum kit.

Do yourself (and your wife) a favor by skipping a drum set and get a pair of sticks and a drum pad. It'll cost you less than $50 and you can use it to learn to play. Then try to learn the rudiments of drumming. Here they are defined and there are many videos on the web showing how to correctly play each one. Once you have these down, then and only then should you graduate to a full drum kit.

:tup: Thanks KC, i had this wild hair 3 years ago and a drumber said the same thing almost word for word, totally forgot :wacko:

My take, nuke, is that if one can't spell what one wants to do then one should probably not do it. But then that is just my take.

Listen to Kid.

:lol: fsoab story of my life, 1/2 credit on every school paper, had ta drop spanish and calc cause i was askin to many questions and slowin the class down :wacko: Oprahman i was way ahead of the shortbus now they cater to students like me, gotta learn every Oprahing thing the hardward, couldn't pardy and go ta college so even though i was payin got kicked out :tup: finally basic training was geared ta handle normal people and it went well :bow: but got pissed and tol'm ta find someone else ta load there bombs. then there was :rofl: you don't need ta know this chit, i'm gonna learn ta play the drums and yer dumpin fuel in my after burner, thanks sky, love you man :rofl:

:lol: fsoab story of my life, 1/2 credit on every school paper, had ta drop spanish and calc cause i was askin to many questions and slowin the class down :wacko: Oprahman i was way ahead of the shortbus now they cater to students like me, gotta learn every Oprahing thing the hardward, couldn't pardy and go ta college so even though i was payin got kicked out :tup: finally basic training was geared ta handle normal people and it went well :brew: but got pissed and tol'm ta find someone else ta load there bombs. then there was :rofl: you don't need ta know this chit, i'm gonna learn ta play the drums and yer dumpin fuel in my after burner, thanks sky, love you man :bow:

Hey...just tryin' to help you along. :yay: Being an ex-drummer myself (a very very very long time ago) I am rootin' for ya. If I can help you with your spelling along the way..... well, I am sure every little bit helps. :rofl: