[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst part of Saints upset

BadDawg

Yeah .... I know, the Packers would still had to have won on Sunday to complete the matchup ...... but I would have loved to see that "duel".

I knew that the homefield advantage would help the Niners ... but it obviously came down to the 5 turnovers ..............and Vernon Davis.

:wacko:

Edited by BadDawg

As a Packer fan I can say I would enjoy a Brees/Rodgers matchup, but also as a Packer fan I would think that matchup is skewed since Brees would get to go against that swiss cheese the Packers call a defense.

Going into last night's game I was hoping the 49ers could somehow eliminate the Saints. I thought, if the Packers advance today, that I would rather face the 49ers. Having watched the game i am now not so sure. They looked magnificent.

:tup: GB still has to be the Giant's first! Thread title should have been "Worst part of the Saint and Packer upsets"

Yeah .... I know, the Packers would still had to have won on Sunday to complete the matchup ...... but I would have loved to see that "duel".

Where's the Alex Smith love, the dude was clutch.

Not to dis on Alex Smith, but I don't think you can say that he can or will put up the type of numbers that Brees or Rodgers do

Thats what happens whenyou go after records in the last game of season before playoffs and dont rest your team.....who cares about records when you can win Super Bowls!!! "AINTS" aint!!! :wacko::tup::lol::rofl::rofl:

And which team is yours?

Resting players is one of those results-based decisions.

It can make 100% sense to rest or not rest going into the last game. However, if something bad happens in the last game because you DIDN'T rest players, or you lose the first playoff game, then you were an idiot.

NO couldn't rest, they still had a shot at home field.

Personally, I think a coach should have a better idea of whether his team needs rest or not than any schlub not directly involved with the team. I'd rather have key players fresh and/or healthy than "sharp" (IMO players can be just fine staying sharp by practicing properly).

Resting players is one of those results-based decisions.

It can make 100% sense to rest or not rest going into the last game. However, if something bad happens in the last game because you DIDN'T rest players, or you lose the first playoff game, then you were an idiot.

NO couldn't rest, they still had a shot at home field.

Personally, I think a coach should have a better idea of whether his team needs rest or not than any schlub not directly involved with the team. I'd rather have key players fresh and/or healthy than "sharp" (IMO players can be just fine staying sharp by practicing properly).

I think we can all agree that the Saints playing their starters in the final game of the season had absolutely no affect whatsoever in the loss yesterday.

Thats what happens whenyou go after records in the last game of season before playoffs and dont rest your team.....who cares about records when you can win Super Bowls!!! "AINTS" aint!!! :wacko::tup::lol::rofl::rofl:

Sure do hope Rodgers gets the MVP. At least you'll have that to hang your hat on.

Sure do hope Rodgers gets the MVP. At least you'll have that to hang your hat on.

Hey rajn,

lets get all of the packers/saints fans together so we can have pissing matches about Rodgers Vs Brees while watching Joe Flacco and Alex Smith in the playoffs.

Edit correction on quarterback name.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Hey rajn,

lets get all of the packers/saints fans together so we can have pissing matches about Rodgers Vs Brady while watching Joe Flacco and Alex Smith in the playoffs.

:tup:

Nothing against Rodgers or the majority of Packers fans here. Just dishing out a little bit of karma. :wacko: