[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Expanding league from 12 to 14 teams

Cunning Runt

Currently a long-standing 12 team league. Will likely be expanding to 14 teams this year.

We have just 1 conference if you will. Top 8 teams make playoffs (I know that's a lot, but it is what it is). We play doubleheaders every week.

I can't see any real issues other than the rosters will be a bit more diluted.

Anything that could bite us?

We did the same expansion a couple of years ago with little difficulty. No doubleheaders, so a 13 game schedule where everybody plays eveyone once. Had to iron out tiebreakers and get them solid up front. This year we had 5 teams tied for the last three playoff spots, and nice to say there were no arguements.

Other challenge with more dilluted rosters was updating add/drop rules. League agreed that if you pick up someone on via waivers or free agency, that player has to stay on your roster for the scoring period. You can strategically pick up someone to "block" another team, but that player could not then be dropped a couple of days later so that nobody could access him due to another waivers period starting. Found that the free agent pool was just too thin to handle.

We play with the same set-up you have outlined including the doubleheaders and it has worked out great. We limited our bench spaces to 3 and added IDP to deepen the available players pool. This move has added such a fun layer to the game I don't think I would ever play in a non IDP league.

Assuming it is a redraft league, should be minimal impact. Realistically, the rosters won't be that much moe diluted and the waiver pool won't be affected that greatly.

Like junkyard, the 14 teamer I have played in is one conference, 13-week regular season so you play every team once. I would see no issue doing doubleheaders every week so you would play each team twice, assuming your league likes the doubleheaders.