[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts Fire Caldwell

Shorttynaz

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad they waited this long. Could have made a play for Fisher - I'm sure he would have given some SERIOUS consideration to beat his former team twice a season. Wondering who would be the best candidate. 3 names come to mind, although I know one has said he's not ready to come back. Cowher, Gruden, and Brian Billick.

Gruden may not be the best coach, but man do the Colts need an in-your-face smash mouth coach. Cower is a better coach and brings the same intensity.

Then there's Brian Billick. I don't know if he has any interest in getting back into coaching, but this dude is a defensive minded coach who took the Ravens to the top with a mediocre (at best) offense. Colts NEED a defensive minded coach!

Too bad they waited this long. Could have made a play for Fisher - I'm sure he would have given some SERIOUS consideration to beat his former team twice a season.

Harbaugh, Fisher - I cringe when I think of the coaches they coulda had.

This is a job for Brad Childress. Indy needs to restore its kickass offense.

Why don't you just paint a bullseye on your back and be done with it.

Anyway, whew. At least it won't be Caldwell.

Edited by BeeR

Here's an interesting read: Identifying the Top 5 Candidates to Replace Jim Caldwell

"Now that Caldwell is gone, the following five names could be in the run to replace him next season in Indianapolis:

Mike Zimmer

You'll likely hear Zimmer's name mentioned most for this job over the next couple days. The Bengals' defensive coordinator has interviewed at several places already this offseason, including Tampa Bay and Miami. He's rumored to be a top candidate in Miami along with several others.

Jon Gruden

Gruden has said several times that he wants to stay in the broadcast booth, but the possibility of coaching Andrew Luck and/or Peyton Manning could be enough to sway the former coach back to the sidelines. Both Manning and Luck could handle his complex offensive verbiage, too.

Bill Cowher

I think you'll hear a portion of Colts fans clamoring for Cowher to take over in Indy. The move makes sense in principle, but there's definitely no promise that he'd be willing to leave CBS for the sidelines. I'm not 100 percent confident his coaching style fits the Colts' organization, either.

Perry Fewell

The Giants' current defensive coordinator has prior head coaching experience with the Buffalo Bills. New York's run through the playoffs could ignite the same kind of interest as their 2007 run did for Steve Spagnuolo.

Marty Mornhinweg

Mornhinweg's run as head coach of the Lions was an unsuccessful venture in many ways. But the Eagles' current offensive coordinator has enough ties to new Colts GM Ryan Grigson, who worked for several years in the Eagles' organization, that could make this hire a possibility. I'm sure Colts fans wouldn't exactly be thrilled, however.

Others: Dom Capers (Packers), Wade Phillips (Texans), Jim Tressel, Dennis Allen (Broncos), Joe Philbin (Packers)"

Edited by Shorttynaz

Too bad they waited this long. Could have made a play for Fisher - I'm sure he would have given some SERIOUS consideration to beat his former team twice a season. Wondering who would be the best candidate. 3 names come to mind, although I know one has said he's not ready to come back. Cowher, Gruden, and Brian Billick.

Gruden may not be the best coach, but man do the Colts need an in-your-face smash mouth coach. Cower is a better coach and brings the same intensity.

Then there's Brian Billick. I don't know if he has any interest in getting back into coaching, but this dude is a defensive minded coach who took the Ravens to the top with a mediocre (at best) offense. Colts NEED a defensive minded coach!

Believe it or not, Brian Billick's past experience was as an offensive coordinator. When he was the head coach of the Ravens, he benefited from having a great defense, but the Ravens' offenses were always disappointing.

Billick is considered an offensive mastermind, not defensive.

Here's an interesting read: Identifying the Top 5 Candidates to Replace Jim Caldwell

"Now that Caldwell is gone, the following five names could be in the run to replace him next season in Indianapolis:

Mike Zimmer

You'll likely hear Zimmer's name mentioned most for this job over the next couple days. The Bengals' defensive coordinator has interviewed at several places already this offseason, including Tampa Bay and Miami. He's rumored to be a top candidate in Miami along with several others.

Jon Gruden

Gruden has said several times that he wants to stay in the broadcast booth, but the possibility of coaching Andrew Luck and/or Peyton Manning could be enough to sway the former coach back to the sidelines. Both Manning and Luck could handle his complex offensive verbiage, too.

Bill Cowher

I think you'll hear a portion of Colts fans clamoring for Cowher to take over in Indy. The move makes sense in principle, but there's definitely no promise that he'd be willing to leave CBS for the sidelines. I'm not 100 percent confident his coaching style fits the Colts' organization, either.

Perry Fewell

The Giants' current defensive coordinator has prior head coaching experience with the Buffalo Bills. New York's run through the playoffs could ignite the same kind of interest as their 2007 run did for Steve Spagnuolo.

Marty Mornhinweg

Mornhinweg's run as head coach of the Lions was an unsuccessful venture in many ways. But the Eagles' current offensive coordinator has enough ties to new Colts GM Ryan Grigson, who worked for several years in the Eagles' organization, that could make this hire a possibility. I'm sure Colts fans wouldn't exactly be thrilled, however.

Others: Dom Capers (Packers), Wade Phillips (Texans), Jim Tressel, Dennis Allen (Broncos), Joe Philbin (Packers)"

Please dear God, NOT Mornhinweg and NOT Phillips. Neither guy has any business being a head coach in the NFL. Coordinator? Sure. Head Coach? Nope.

Edited by Cunning Runt

What about Spagnuolo? He could be the defensive minded coach and the team doesn't need an OC with Peyton behind center.

I would expect Manning to be released and the franchise move entirely in a new direction of youth and philosophy.

Edited by DawgTalk

Bill Cowher

:wacko: Let's see they have a stud or likely stud at QB, have always been a finesse type team. Need a toughness they've rarely had. Oh yeah Cowher would suck at that.

Long as he isn't calling the plays and they get a quality OC I would fn love Cowher. Not sure about the others and agree about MM and Wade.

:wacko: Let's see they have a stud or likely stud at QB, have always been a finesse type team. Need a toughness they've rarely had. Oh yeah Cowher would suck at that.

Long as he isn't calling the plays and they get a quality OC I would fn love Cowher. Not sure about the others and agree about MM and Wade.

Cowher is absolutely my first choice as unlikely as it is. I can't remember a time when the Colts were known for their toughness. Cowher would instill that if nothing else.

Too bad they waited this long. Could have made a play for Fisher

I'd be willing to bet if they thought they had a shot at Fisher, they would have acted sooner. Schefter said Fisher turned down a lot of interviews and settled on two jobs to pick from, telling the others he had no interest, including the Raiders.

I would expect Manning to be released and the franchise move entirely in a new direction of youth and philosophy.

While I would have loved to see a healthy Manning retire as a Colt when he was ready to, I've expect this as well. I wonder what's going to happen with Diem, Garcon, Gonzalez, Mathis, Saturday, Tamme, and Wayne, the bigger-name players that are free agents this year. I think Diem, Gonzalez, and Tamme won't be resigned. Garcon and Wayne I hope so although I bet only Garcon is back, Mathis I think will be resigned. And Saturday I think retires in lieu of starting from scratch with a new QB.