[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NYG @ SF

matt770

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giants - 31

49ers - 7

I like the 49ers but I think Alex Smith is due for one of those "Wait, I'm in the NFC TITLE GAME?!?!?" and just bomb. I have no faith in any of the 49er WR outside of Davis and if the Giants don;t cover him with 3 guys, then they did not watch the game last week.

Gore is not the same as he was in the beginning of the season and I do not see him being a big factor.

The Giants are peaking at the right time. I would be surprised if they lost this game.

26 - 13 NYG

If Alex Smith has another game like last week then maybe he is being underestimated. But for sure the Giants will cover V. Davis like a blanket ... thus agreeing with Wpob .... what other wideout do the 49'rs have that could step up?

And, let's not forget ... the other big factor in the 49r's upset of the Saints was 5 huge turnovers and yet they had to have a last minute (9 sec) Td to win. I'd wager that the Giants are stressing ball protection all week in practice .... Niners may get their turnovers, but to reach 5 two weeks in a row may be a stretch.

The one constant obviously in San Fran's favor is the homefiled advantage .... and that helped them last week as well.

:wacko:

Alex Smith proved to me this year he can play ball. I really didn't believe it most of the year just because but there is something to learning 7 new Offenses from several none offensive coaches, so when he does finally get a QB coach who played the position and knows a little bit about play calling the difference is clear. I still give Singletary a lot of credit for screwing Davis's head back on straight and bringing a tough attitude to the niners D, However this years niners are all Harbaugh's.

The Niners D showed me a lot also against Brees & Co. as NO is probably the most explosive and well coached team in the league so I thought. I was calling for Alex Smith to step out of bounds on the 1/2 yard line to preserve the win cause Brees with 2 minutes and change is to much and I was right. What I didn't expect was for Smith to be able to do what he did with a minute and change left.

The Giants on the other hand has got to be smoke and mirrors. I can't see Manning making many more of those hail mary passes that find there way into a wide open recievers hands then break free for 70 yard scores. I just don't see the field allowing for it nor do I think the Niners d will allow it. Those crazy plays the Giants are making have to come to an end sometime. Three games in a row, enough is enough already.

I say the Niners are going to the SuperBowl.

Niners 23 Giants 17

Because the Niners are at home and will be JACKED. The weather will be horrible and Candlestick is below sealevel so the field is going to be mushy. Niners are stout on D. I just think the NIners are a more committed running team then the Giants. The tiptoe gorrilla, Jacobs will be even slower and the Giants depend on the big pass play. That won't happen this week. Plus the Niners tackle better.