[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NYG @ SF

matt770

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, maybe reading comprehension is what you should focus on then.

"It's trite because it's true" is incorrect usage. Something being true does not cause something to be trite.

"Defense wins championships" is indeed trite because it's simplistic and it's been repeated a million times. I also think the league has changed a lot since that was first uttered and it doesn't always apply anymore.

"It's trite because it's true" is incorrect usage. Something being true does not cause something to be trite.

"Defense wins championships" is indeed trite because it's simplistic and it's been repeated a million times. I also think the league has changed a lot since that was first uttered and it doesn't always apply anymore.

But the reason it is trite is because people say it all the time. The reason people say it all the time is because, for the most part, it is true. Therefore, the truth of the statement led to it becoming trite. I will stand by my usage, and either way, what I said has nothing to do with "Tried and true", another trite expression altogether.

Man I can't wait for this Sunday when our favorite teams can do the talking, it's going to be a "Bloodbath"!

Edited by hardway

But the reason it is trite is because people say it all the time. The reason people say it all the time is because, for the most part, it is true. Therefore, the truth of the statement led to it becoming trite. I will stand by my usage, and either way, what I said has nothing to do with "Tried and true", another trite expression altogether.

Man I can't wait for this Sunday when our favorite teams can do the talking, it's going to be a "Bloodbath"!

Yep, the 49ers had a good run. They should hold their heads up and be proud. They have a lot to build on for next season. They'll have a target on their backs to be sure. They still have their health. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

:wacko:

Yep, the 49ers had a good run. They should hold their heads up and be proud. They have a lot to build on for next season. They'll have a target on their backs to be sure. They still have their health. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

:highfive:

:tup:

Yeah baby! I can't think of a better game to decide the NFC champ! Both of these teams are white hot and playing the best ball in the league right now. I think whoever wins this one is the SB champ, sorry AFC fans!

Go Niners! I know we will take this game.

Edited by hardway

With 28 scores I counted, the average score is:

NYG 22 SF 20

Using the most picked scores (not necessarily by same poster):

SF 23 (6 times) NYG 17 (7 times)

Highest score for SF = 42 lowest = 6

Highest for NY = 38 lowest =13

So there you have it, either the Giants win 22 - 20, the Niners win 23 - 17, Giants win 13 - 6, Niners win 42 - 38, or some other score happens.