[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Paterno passes away

Whiskey Pimp

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He went to the head of the campus police, who hold complete jurisdiction on crimes that occur on campus. Where else should he have gone ?

He did all he legally had to do. He did not do what needed to be done morally. PSU as an institution tried to brush it under the rug and make it go away. JoPa of all people could have set things straight, and he didn't.

All of those who knew about it and did the bare minimum deserve to have their legacies tarnished. These are small boys being raped by a grown man. The ENTIRE institution failed those children. From Sadunsky all the way to JoPa. He could have stopped it.

Alright, obviously I'm not going to change anyone's mind, and I'm hurting for a man who I always admired and believe was a GREAT man. It is probably best that I stay out of these threads for a while, as it is just making me more upset. I'm probably just a bit too close to the situation.

You admired a piece of chit and got blindsided. It happens. OJ fooled me real good. But I woke up and realized what it was.

You admired a piece of chit and got blindsided. It happens. OJ fooled me real good. But I woke up and realized what it was.

I don't think a lot of PSU fans want to believe that JoePa could have done more and didn't. I've read of all the great things that he did. But having the ability to stop a monster from raping little boys, and not doing so far outweighs any good he could have done.

I don't think a lot of PSU fans want to believe that JoePa could have done more and didn't. I've read of all the great things that he did. But having the ability to stop a monster from raping little boys, and not doing so far outweighs any good he could have done.

We have a Bingo!!!! Dead on.

Right or wrong, I still respect what Paterno did for football. However, it is unfortunate that this entire ordeal is going to tarnish his legacy. He SHOULD HAVE done more to follow up on this. IMHO.

The one who I feel is totally wrong would be McCreary!! Again, my opinion. If I were to walk in on that...the SOB would need to get picked up by an ambulance or coroner. End of Story. Whether it was my kid or not he would never touch another kid again. Same goes for priests.

As for the rest of the cover up, I think they should ALL lose their jobs and be named in any suit against Penn State.

It is just too bad this is always going to put an asterisk next to Paterno's legacy.

An asterik? Bullsh-t. Him covering for a child rapist hopefully IS his legacy and maybe the football part is the asterik.

Me, I'm not reveling in his death. But I couldn't give two sh*ts about him and his legacy. I think that you have your head deep in the sand if you are celebrating a man who didn't question McCreary, who didn't call the police and who didn't even want to bother his superiors after he learned that a man "fondled" and engaged in conduct of a "sexual nature" with a young boy.

:wacko:

I'm sad that his great failure is his legacy and not his many successes. No one deserves that fate, but it is what it is.

RIP.

This pretty much nails it.

can't yall talk about the guys life? He created Linebacker U, he won championships and was a leader. He put Penn St. back on the map. The guy had a long career and frankly, this past year is not representative of his accomplishments.

He fostered a child rapist, that kinda trumps anything else in the minds of many.

can't yall talk about the guys life? He created Linebacker U, he won championships and was a leader. He put Penn St. back on the map. The guy had a long career and frankly, this past year is not representative of his accomplishments.

Really? You have got to be :wacko:

He fostered a child rapist, that kinda trumps anything else in the minds of many.

+1

The cult in that chit hole are blind. In their eyes, Joe did nothing wrong and it's Sandusky's fault that their "football savior" was canned. Actually, I'm suprised that one of Joe's followers hasn't tried to kill Sandusky yet.

I'll say one last thing on this, even though I said I would leave it alone. Joe's side of the story is out there among the insiders and those close to the family. It has been passed along by word from his son, who is an attorney. He has stated several times that it would eventually come out in public, but, he was waiting for legal processes to take place. I'm confident that it will still come out. What people will believe is up to them. I believe Joe's side of the story based upon the kind of man he showed himself to be throughout his life. If it turns out it isn't true, then I will be the first to admit that I was fooled and that there is no way to forgive Paterno. Even with his side of the story, I still wish he would have done more, as does Joe. He admitted as much. Here is his side of the story from what has been released on PSU boards for weeks now.

Based up on the allegations in 1998/99, Paterno forced Sandusky into retirement. Sandusky was never prosecuted, but was accused of indecent behavior.

Sandusky continued to show up on campus, and Paterno asked the President, Graham Spanier to ban him from the campus. He was told that he (Joe) didn't have the power to ban him, and Spanier would not do so, as he hadn't been convicted of anything.

The shower incident occurred and McQueary reported vague details of the incident to Paterno. Paterno did know it was sexual in nature, and he told McQueary he would pass on the information.

Paterno met with the Athletiic Director and the head of the campus police and reported the incident that was told to him from McQueary.

After nothing happened for 3 days, Paterno followed-up and was told a full investigation was occurring.

Having heard nothing, 3 months later, Paterno followed-up again and was told that the police and DA did not feel they had enough evidence and weren't going to pursue the matter any further. Paterno was angry and asked that Sandusky be banned from the university entirely and not be allowed to attend anything involved with the football program. He was told that as football coach, he did not have the power to ban Sandusky.

That is the story that has been passed down from trusted sources in the past at FightOnState.com It is the story that Paterno's son says that Paterno has been waiting to tell. I'm hoping Joe's side still gets told when there aren't any legal issues holding him back. Remember that he wanted to speak at a press conference after this first came out, and he was stopped by the University. Then, his lawyer son has advised him to wait before telling his story.

Based on Paterno's past history, I don't believe for a second that he would turn his head and allow these acts to continue. Even if his story is true, I still agree with him that in hindsight he could have done more. However, if his story is true, he certainly didn't just bury his head in the sand either.

Well, hopefully his story will be told, because the "insiders" on the PSU boards are saying that Paterno complained every single time he saw Sandusky. He went to the President of the university and asked him to be barred from using any campus facilities, but, was told he didn't have the power to do that.

Like I said, these are from those considered insiders, and who knows if / when Joe's story will come out, but, none of us likely know what actually occurred. Based on what I know about Paterno, I don't believe for one second that he would do any kind of cover-up if he knew kids were being hurt. Even in his dying days, he reportedly continued to tell his family and friend to continue to pray for the true victims, the kids who were disgustingly abused by Sandusky.

BullAthena. When Paterno spoke in that town, E.F. Hutton listened. One leak to a reporter, one press conference, hell the THREAT of going to the press and that gets handled. If Paterno wanted it to happen it would have. It didn't.

BullAthena. When Paterno spoke in that town, E.F. Hutton listened. One leak to a reporter, one press conference, hell the THREAT of going to the press and that gets handled. If Paterno wanted it to happen it would have. It didn't.

There's absolutely no doubt about this.

If Paterno wanted someone banned, he'd be banned, especially someone with allegations like this involved against the "bannee".

Menudo, this is bullsh-t.

Paterno might have said he did all these things, but I don't buy for one second, not one, that he actually did them all.

Gimme a break.

There's absolutely no doubt about this.

If Paterno wanted someone banned, he'd be banned, especially someone with allegations like this involved against the "bannee".

Menudo, this is bullsh-t.

Paterno might have said he did all these things, but I don't buy for one second, not one, that he actually did them all.

Gimme a break.

Agreed

I'll say one last thing on this, even though I said I would leave it alone. Joe's side of the story is out there among the insiders and those close to the family. It has been passed along by word from his son, who is an attorney. He has stated several times that it would eventually come out in public, but, he was waiting for legal processes to take place. I'm confident that it will still come out. What people will believe is up to them. I believe Joe's side of the story based upon the kind of man he showed himself to be throughout his life. If it turns out it isn't true, then I will be the first to admit that I was fooled and that there is no way to forgive Paterno. Even with his side of the story, I still wish he would have done more, as does Joe. He admitted as much. Here is his side of the story from what has been released on PSU boards for weeks now.

Based up on the allegations in 1998/99, Paterno forced Sandusky into retirement. Sandusky was never prosecuted, but was accused of indecent behavior.

Sandusky continued to show up on campus, and Paterno asked the President, Graham Spanier to ban him from the campus. He was told that he (Joe) didn't have the power to ban him, and Spanier would not do so, as he hadn't been convicted of anything.

The shower incident occurred and McQueary reported vague details of the incident to Paterno. Paterno did know it was sexual in nature, and he told McQueary he would pass on the information.

Paterno met with the Athletiic Director and the head of the campus police and reported the incident that was told to him from McQueary.

After nothing happened for 3 days, Paterno followed-up and was told a full investigation was occurring.

Having heard nothing, 3 months later, Paterno followed-up again and was told that the police and DA did not feel they had enough evidence and weren't going to pursue the matter any further. Paterno was angry and asked that Sandusky be banned from the university entirely and not be allowed to attend anything involved with the football program. He was told that as football coach, he did not have the power to ban Sandusky.

That is the story that has been passed down from trusted sources in the past at FightOnState.com It is the story that Paterno's son says that Paterno has been waiting to tell. I'm hoping Joe's side still gets told when there aren't any legal issues holding him back. Remember that he wanted to speak at a press conference after this first came out, and he was stopped by the University. Then, his lawyer son has advised him to wait before telling his story.

Based on Paterno's past history, I don't believe for a second that he would turn his head and allow these acts to continue. Even if his story is true, I still agree with him that in hindsight he could have done more. However, if his story is true, he certainly didn't just bury his head in the sand either.

If that's true then fine. Still not enough.

Menudo, I am sorry that one of your role models, for lack of a better term, had to deal with this at all. Please don't take anything I have said personally as I can see you really had/have great respect for this man. I still stand by what I have said but I understand your side I guess.

This issue hits home for me since I have two brother in laws that were abused by a catholic priest in the late 60's-early 70's. This priest admitted guilt to his bishop about abusing a boy several years before. He was told to take a few years of "prayer and penance" and then was shuffled to another parish within the same state. Where he abused further. He is now dead and I wish I knew while he was still alive because I would have done something since he was around decades of grade school children and who knows the depths of his terror?

one word to the press. that's it. one phone call and this thing could have been dealt with incredibly fast. paterno, if he would have acted swiftly, could have been seen as a hero ...

and being too close to the situation is bullsh*t. wah, wah, wah. your "hero" was anything but because he didn't have the courage to step up and do the right thing. i could go with you if this was some money issue or some recruiting thing, but this was harboring a child abuser. at what point do you rise above your self-created image of the man and see things as they are? i would think refusing to do all he could to bring a child molester to justice would shatter it, but apparently not.

Lowering the flags? Really? I guess your state only respects college football accomplishments and is not interested in failures to stop a child molester. The more I hear today the more I'm glad he was around to feel a little pain from this horrible situation. He didn't die of a broken heart, it was guilt. Since I am told he was catholic, as I was raised for about 20 years, I hope he burns just a little bit in the hell he believes in. If he were a catholic, god fearing man how could he not commit all his effort to stop this most heinous of crimes from happening instead of worrying about the program or his legacy. Football doesn't mean sh*t! Selfish MFer. I am so irritated with nonsense I have to repeat: Good riddance! F you football record and all that crap.

Really? You have got to be :wacko:

quite the opposite. I am on board that Joe made huge mistake. But, none of you were there and Sandusky will have his day in court. If I am fishing then this thread needs to be renamed Sandusky:Ruining the life of Joe Paterno: or How Sandusky flat out threw Joe Pa's name in the shitter. I thought this was a thread about the passing of Joe Pa and all that he has done for those that played for him in the last 40 whatever years. Maybe about his accomplishments, instead of some perverted fuk.

quite the opposite. I am on board that Joe made huge mistake. But, none of you were there and Sandusky will have his day in court. If I am fishing then this thread needs to be renamed Sandusky:Ruining the life of Joe Paterno: or How Sandusky flat out threw Joe Pa's name in the shitter. I thought this was a thread about the passing of Joe Pa and all that he has done for those that played for him in the last 40 whatever years. Maybe about his accomplishments, instead of some perverted fuk.

ok, we now have 2 that don't get it ...