[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's all about the rings, right?

keggerz

I am sure that there are many that will say that if Brady wins SB46 that he has to be considered the best of all-time (I can't remember the tweets but read on twitter basically that same thing)...anyway...to stir the pot a bit I have to ask...what happens if Eli wins his 2nd ring? Is he looked at as the better QB compared to his brother? What say you? I mean if you say yes then that does lead to the argument for Brady being the best ever, that is if he wins, but if you dismiss Eli with 2 rings over his brother and his 1, then is it really all about the rings? And if that is the case then does winning SB46 really make Brady #1?

FWIW, I do think that the Super Bowl matters, but it is a team game and I think that to much weight is given to the ring.

Edited by keggerz

.... I do think that the Super Bowl matters, but it is a team game and I think that to much weight is given to the ring.

Whew, I thought I was going to have to call you a f'in retard for a minute there.

Eli looks somewhat the dufus compared to both Brady and his brother....

that said, if Eli wins, he'll have beaten Brady for the big prize twice....in his first 7 years in the league as a starter.

Oh, and he also is now the winningest QB in postseason history with 5 wins on the road.

And he's thrown for 4000 yards in three straight years, and came just 67 yards shy of 5,000 this year (4,933, which is more than Peyton ever threw for in a single-season)....and he's thrown for 20+ TDs in every year he's been the starter.

Pretty impressive.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

I think lol @ Brady best ever and most conversations about this topic when you get down to it.

Four SB wins, and would have won all of them without a Jerry Rice type guy, and you laugh at the conversation?

When Brady wins his fourth he and Montana dead even. What Brady has managed to do has been nothing more than amazing.

People that say they laugh at the notion that Brady is equal to or greater than Montana need to wake up and realize the greatness we get to watch on Sundays.

Four SB wins, and would have won all of them without a Jerry Rice type guy, and you laugh at the conversation?

When Brady wins his fourth he and Montana dead even. What Brady has managed to do has been nothing more than amazing.

People that say they laugh at the notion that Brady is equal to or greater than Montana need to wake up and realize the greatness we get to watch on Sundays.

Great post.

That being said, Montana would not have been as great without Walsh. Just as I thing Brady would not be as good without Belichick. Neither is better than the other imo. Perfect combination of coach and QB. Without those coach/QB combinations, neither of those two QB's reach as many SB as they have/did.

FWIW, Elway may be better than both. That dude took some bad Broncos teams to SB's on his abilities alone.

Edited by CaptainHook

Four SB wins, and would have won all of them without a Jerry Rice type guy

Richard Seymour, Teddy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, etc.

Let's not completely forget that the defense was the cornerstone of that team in the dynasty years.

Montana, Aikman, Brady, none of them could have won 3+ SBs without their supporting cast. They've all been on great TEAMS.

I think lol @ Brady best ever and most conversations about this topic when you get down to it.

I agree wholeheartedly with the second part of your post and disagree entirely with the first part.

Brady certainly is in a conversation when records are being broken held by Montana (most playoff wins) and Elway (5 Super Bowls).

And to accept the bait as to whether Eli > Peyton, It's kind of irrelevant.

Peyton Manning is the best pure QB of his generation. Eli has had a remarkable career to this point and frankly, with this win today, I'm kind of impressed. He's entering some rarified air of QBs in multiple Super Bowls.

Peopla have a tendency to glorify the past. Why I do not know, but they do. In 20 years we will probably talk about Brady as one of the best, if not the best, but until then the majority of football fans will refuse.

Brady will be considered amoung the very best and Peyton Manning will be compared with Dan Marino.

Peopla have a tendency to glorify the past.

People also have a tendency to be prisoners of the moment. Back in 2009 people fawned over Peyton Manning after he won his 4th MVP and NFL.com did a ranking among analysts and he was in the top 10 of all time. Brady was in the 20s. Now some are saying that Eli Manning is better than his big brother. Both of those positions are too over the top in my opinion.

Brady will be considered amoung the very best and Peyton Manning will be compared with Dan Marino.

But, Marino is considered among the best.

Another ring by Brady will cement him the conversation best all time. He has already won the most playoff games ever I believe and know he is the 2nd highest rated QB all time just behind Rodgers but has way more games played.

Eli is obviously an underrated QB but to date is not even in the same conversation although he is certainly marching toward the Hall of Fame. Time will tell. He is very cool under pressure in big games and has been amazing on third downs. While he is not big brother, he sure looks like he will get more rings. Another ring for Eli will certainly elevate his status and move him further out of Peyton's shadow as a top tier QB in his own right.

Edited by Ice1

Richard Seymour, Teddy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, etc.

Let's not completely forget that the defense was the cornerstone of that team in the dynasty years.

Montana, Aikman, Brady, none of them could have won 3+ SBs without their supporting cast. They've all been on great TEAMS.

+1 Eli has had much better defenses than Peyton.Peyton has been higher octane in the offense department. Brady's defenses have been up down. I think Eli gets his 2nd ring because of the Patriot defense.

Eli looks somewhat the dufus compared to both Brady and his brother....

that said, if Eli wins, he'll have beaten Brady for the big prize twice....in his first 7 years in the league as a starter.

Oh, and he also is now the winningest QB in postseason history with 5 wins on the road.

And he's thrown for 4000 yards in three straight years, and came just 67 yards shy of 5,000 this year (4,933, which is more than Peyton ever threw for in a single-season)....and he's thrown for 20+ TDs in every year he's been the starter.

Pretty impressive.

Eli does have the most road playoff victories but he is NOT the winningest QB in postseason history - neither by win % or number of wins. Brady and Montana are tied at 16 playoff wins each and Bart Starr was 9-1 in the playoffs.

I think and have thought for years now that Eli is terribly underrated as an NFL QB. He gets better every year and now with 3 young WRs to grow old with, I think Eli's legacy is yet to be determined. He's pretty darn clutch too - probably moreso than Peyton.

Eli does have the most road playoff victories but he is NOT the winningest QB in postseason history - neither by win % or number of wins. Brady and Montana are tied at 16 playoff wins each and Bart Starr was 9-1 in the playoffs.

I think and have thought for years now that Eli is terribly underrated as an NFL QB. He gets better every year and now with 3 young WRs to grow old with, I think Eli's legacy is yet to be determined. He's pretty darn clutch too - probably moreso than Peyton.

They were saying yesterday that he had the most road wins in post season history.

Edited by Scorcher

Tom Brady 2007:

65.7% comp

28 TD

13 INT

4398 Yds

Matt Cassel 2008:

63.4% comp

21 TD

11 INT

3693 Yds

Matt Cassel 2009 KC:

55% comp

16 TD

16 INT

2924 Yds.

P. Mannning 2010:

66.3% comp

33 TD

17 INT

4700 yds.

Colts QBs 2011:

56.5% comp

14 TD

14 INT

3223 yds.

The Patriots have a VERY good and great coach team that Brady is playing behind.

Comparing Eli Manning to Tom Brady is laughable.

In 11 season Brady has 300 TD's and 115 INT's.

In 8 seasons Manning has 185 TD's and 129 INT's.

Brady had a season where he had 50 TD's and 8 INT's and a QB rating of 117.2. 3 times in his career he's had a QB rating of over 100. His 3 highest TD total years were 50, 39, and 36. The year he had 36 TD's he had 4 INT's. Those are some stupid numbers, and one of the reasons I hate the guy. Lol. Throw in his playoff accomplishments and it puts him at an even higher level.

As a comparison, Eli has never had a passer rating over 100. His highest TD total was 31, but he threw 25 INT's that year. His three highest TD totals are 31, 29 and 27. He is a good quaterback, but is no Tom Brady, and probably never will be. If he throws 115 TD's in the next 3 years, he would have the same 300 that Brady had over the same time period, unfortunately he'd have to figure out a way to undo 14 INT's over those 3 years to equal Brady.

And I know stats don't tell everything, but anyone who wants to tell me that Manning has more intangibles then Brady is coocoo for Koko puffs.