[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

49'ers / Giants game

MustOfBeenDrunk

Heard this on the radio this morning and not only thought it was a great idea , I hope this is the norm for all games in the future. Not just football but all the major sports and especially in the markets that have had problems in the past. Just knowing that the fan of the visiting team may actually be an undercover cop may put some hesitation in the minds of the rowdy fans who like to start Shxtt

How do you guys feel about this ?

I can see this possibly stopping some situations from getting out of hand and can't think of any negative reasons for having it.

You know, for an area known for being liberal, laid-back and hippy, SF sure has a bad reputation for hostile sports fans. I went to a good number of Eagles games when I lived up there and their reputation is pretty well deserved -- except I never witnessed anyone being intimidated or physically assaulted. The Philly ethic is basically, we're passionate fans and we like to get loud, but for the most part they do it with a good dose of humor. I'd go to that stadium wearing Giants gear expecting to get an earful about Eli's sexual orientation and I'd probably laugh along with a lot of it. Not sure I'd do the same in SF based on what I've read.

You know, for an area known for being liberal, laid-back and hippy, SF sure has a bad reputation for hostile sports fans. I went to a good number of Eagles games when I lived up there and their reputation is pretty well deserved -- except I never witnessed anyone being intimidated or physically assaulted. The Philly ethic is basically, we're passionate fans and we like to get loud, but for the most part they do it with a good dose of humor. I'd go to that stadium wearing Giants gear expecting to get an earful about Eli's sexual orientation and I'd probably laugh along with a lot of it. Not sure I'd do the same in SF based on what I've read.

Philly is getting worse!

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Range...-136706328.html

Similar to the air marshal principle - you never know if there's an armed passenger waiting to blow your ass to hell.

absolutely!

I have been to 5 NFL stadiums for games (Green bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas). Only at one did I actually fear for my life due to a drunken mob of idiots. That was Chicago. A stronger presence to deter the morans that are just there to drink and cause problems would be appreciated.

Heard this on the radio this morning and not only thought it was a great idea , I hope this is the norm for all games in the future. Not just football but all the major sports and especially in the markets that have had problems in the past. Just knowing that the fan of the visiting team may actually be an undercover cop may put some hesitation in the minds of the rowdy fans who like to start Shxtt

How do you guys feel about this ?

I can see this possibly stopping some situations from getting out of hand and can't think of any negative reasons for having it.

I don't think this would work in Philly. I don't believe that City could afford all the workman comp claims from the injured Officers. Elsewhere it is probably a good idea.

absolutely!

I have been to 5 NFL stadiums for games (Green bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas). Only at one did I actually fear for my life due to a drunken mob of idiots. That was Chicago. A stronger presence to deter the morans that are just there to drink and cause problems would be appreciated.

When going to Chicago it is adisable to have a "Throw down Kielbasa". If they start getting surly with you it is not inherent hostility, its just that their blood grease levels are declining. When they get hypogreasemic they get dangerous. Tossing out a kielbasa will distract them long enough to make your escape. After they have fed they are likely to find you, thank you, buy you a beer, hug you around your shoulder while talking too close to your face about Butkis, Ditka, Payton, Jordan and Bob Love. You don't need to know who Bob Love was. All you have to do is agree that he was great, and should be considered at least the equal of Pippen.

absolutely!

that's nothin, i got my ass handed to me at a KD Lang concert :wacko:

Especially if you're a cop and you get to go to an NFC Championship game for free!

Not at the stadium but more un-classy actions of our local fans

http://www.mercurynews.com/sal-pizarro/ci_19810634

It was very troubling to watch the cell phone video showing a street brawl right across from San Jose City Hall after Sunday's 49ers loss.

The video, taken by 49ers fan Jerel Salazar and reported on by CBS5's Len Ramirez, shows people in spamshirts knocking others to the ground and kicking them. Salazar says the groups of 49ers and New York Giants fans had been watching the game at 4th Street Pizza Co. and things turned ugly outside after the 49ers fumbled away their shot at the Super Bowl.

Fan violence has made the news a lot in the past year, and skirmishes aren't unheard of downtown. But this was a Sunday evening after a football game, not a Saturday night after the bars closed. By the time the cops got there Sunday, everyone had scattered -- but you've got to wonder if the fight even happens if more officers were out walking the streets instead of collecting unemployment.

Only one thing is certain: The incident does nothing to help the reputation of downtown, which has struggled for decades with an image of being unsafe. That charge is largely untrue these days, but after watching that video, it's not easy to argue the point.

This isn't anything new. Video recording technology and youtube are.

So true, now you have video of everything, put on the net, pushed to people via Twitter and Facebook. Then picked up by other news outlets and spread in more traditional forms, until finally it is everywhere.

And now break you in pieces? :wacko:

See how clever those hippies were. They called it a peace sign. The media picked it up as meaning peace and not piece, yet clearly that symbol is a vagina with a cock. They were encouraging folks to insert their straight line into the 'Y". It was a cosmic joke and the world never got it. I mean how on earth is an unside down stylized "Y" associated with peace?

See how clever those hippies were. They called it a peace sign. The media picked it up as meaning peace and not piece, yet clearly that symbol is a vagina with a cock. They were encouraging folks to insert their straight line into the 'Y". It was a cosmic joke and the world never got it. I mean how on earth is an unside down stylized "Y" associated with peace?

I like your reasoning but in fact it is the Naval code letters for ND

Nuclear Disarmament = Peace