[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Its time to talk UFA's!

tazinib1

A quick glance at the FA market boasts some major impact players. How many of them will be slapped with the FT is unknown, but its always fun to speculate getting a stud off the market. A simple run down on the top UFA's.

1. Drew Brees :wacko: We all know how that one is going to pan out

2. John Abraham - He's a 12 year vet that might garner a 1 or 2 year deal. But he's a cog

3. Matt Prater - He's a kicker...but kickers are still valuable..just ask the Ravens

4. Evan Mathis - The best G on the market

5. Calais Campbell - No way Arizona lets him go. He's a FT lock stock and barrell

6. Sione Pouha - Very good DT that might just opt to leave the Jets cancer riddled locker room

7. Chris Myers - Its not often you get a C of his caliber in FA

8. Carl Nicks - If you can't get Mathis, Nicks is a healthy 2nd choice

9. Mike Nugent - Hello Baltimore? Here is another one!

10. Josh Scobee - Just in case the Ravens are deaf

11. Brodrick Bunkley - Not sure Denver can afford to let a very good DT go

12. Andre Carter - NE usually treats there older players well, but we'll see. 10 sacks in 13 games will garner him some interest on the market

13. Derek Landri - He's a 5yr player that Philly can't afford to let go. But will they slap him with a FT? Not a chance.

14. Wes Welker - Arguably Brady's most lethal target. I doubt he goes anywhere...and if he does, he'll have to shave that 80's stash.

15. Erin Henderson - The best OLB in FA

16. Stephen Tulloch - This is the guy I'm gonna be watching. A beastly MLB....

17. Jeremyn Mincy - A young and formidable DE. He'll be an addition under the radar for any team

18. London Fletcher-Baker - Another older player that will get a 1 or 2 yr deal but is a beast. The perfect player that SD would sign

19. Jarrett Johnson - If you can't land Henderson, then Johnson is a good 2nd place with a few more years in the tank.

20. D'Qwell Jackson - I'd kiss AJ's feet if he could land D'Qwell

21. Matt Forte - I don't understand why the Bears have not taken care of this man.

22. Scott Wells - The Packers can't lose an anchor on the OL can they?

23. Mark Anderson - He should be there concern..not Andre Carter

24. Marques Colston - :pantstight: Losing Vincent Jackson will hurt less if we can get this stud muffin

25. Robert Mathis - My god he doesn't light up the IDP scoring board, but this dude is one of the best in the business

26. Ray Rice - Ummmm...yeah. We all know how this will work out

27. Brent Grimes - Cortland Finnegan - Ladarius Webb - I'd take any of those CB's

28. Jeff Saturday - Retirement?

29. BenJarvus Green-Ellis - 405 snaps in 4 years...0 fumbles. Amazing

30. Curtis Lofton - A sneaky MLB that could be had for less than the other LB's. I'd take em.

There are many, many more FA's to list but I stopped at 30. Feel free to list your favorites or debunk mine. No worries...its January.

ETA: Don't let the fact I have 3 kickers in my top 30 fool you. I'm sure I will hear plenty of "a kicker is a kicker" bullcrap.

Edited by tazinib1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: Scrub kickers did, though?

BTW: Those 3 are hardly scrubs. All 3 are in the top 10. And please don't tell me a PK is not important to a teams offense.

Prater - 73.9% 3-4 from 50+

Nugent - 86.8% 33-38

Scobee - 92% 5-6 from 50+

Give me some Cundiff stats and tell me they would not have gone to the SB with any one of those 3. Thats my point and why they are listed so high. Cmon..we are not talking FF here. You're smarter than that.

So you're problem is what?

That you consider Bunkley "a very good DT". I just don't see how you can label a guy who has been average at best as a very good. As an Eagles fan I had to watch him for 5 years do pretty much nothing. Maybe he found himself in Denver but it doesn't seem like he had a great year there either.

Finley doesn't crack your top 30 but 3 kickers do? :wacko:

Yep. Keep on busting with the kicker crap but say nothing of the comments on the other players.

And yeah...Finley doesn't crack my top 30...just like Bowe...can't catch the Oprahing ball. Next.

According to ProFootballFocus, Bunkley was the 3rd rated DT in the league. I like there assessments.

Like I said, maybe he re-invented himself in Denver. To be fair I didn't see much of the Denver games. I did however have the displeasure of watching him do pretty much nothing for 5 years in Philly. The only reason he lasted so long here was because Reid doesn't like to admit when he is wrong with a 1st round pick IMO. And just a quick look at the stats I wonder how Pro Football Focus ranked him as the #3 DT. The stats sure don't justify that ranking. He was 10th overall in tackles for DTs (which surprises me that he was that high) but he had no sacks, no forced fumbles, etc.

Kickers are a dime a dozen and there are many to pick from college every year.

There is no way that 3 kickers are in the top 30 free agents. Not this year, hell , maybe not any year

But kudos on doing that list! :wacko:

Ok if I drop the 3 kickers from my top 30, here are the replacements:

27.Dwayne Bowe - Droppsies...yikes

28. Joe Mays - Another MLB that can be had on the sneak

29. Michael Bush - He has 4 years under his belt. Seems like longer doesn't it?

30. Mario Williams - I just cant understand Houston letting this guy go. He's gonna be a gold nugget in FA.

There...you guys feel better now that I've dropped the kickers? I hope you don't apply for a job in Baltimore in 2012.

Like I said, maybe he re-invented himself in Denver. To be fair I didn't see much of the Denver games. I did however have the displeasure of watching him do pretty much nothing for 5 years in Philly. The only reason he lasted so long here was because Reid doesn't like to admit when he is wrong with a 1st round pick IMO. And just a quick look at the stats I wonder how Pro Football Focus ranked him as the #3 DT. The stats sure don't justify that ranking. He was 10th overall in tackles for DTs (which surprises me that he was that high) but he had no sacks, no forced fumbles, etc.

I am in no position to take that big of a leap :wacko:

I'll dive into that tomorrow but I stand by my stats.

Ok if I drop the 3 kickers from my top 30, here are the replacements:

There...you guys feel better now that I've dropped the kickers? I hope you don't apply for a job in Baltimore in 2012.

No I do not feel better at all. :wacko:

Baltimore needs a kicker really bad but after watching Lee Evans not hold onto a perfect pass because of his weak pansy arms they may pay a kings ransom for Bowe.

I am in no position to take that big of a leap :tup:

I'll dive into that tomorrow but I stand by my stats.

Understood. My only question then is what stats are you standing by? He had 43 total tackles - no sacks - no forced fumbles. He averages 27 tackles and 1 sack per year, and that doesn't even include his rookie season when he didn't play as often. I'm not really sure what other stats are out there for a DT. I usually don't comment negatively unless I have a good idea of what I am talking about and I really do agree with most of your list, but unless the stats I have looked up are way off you won't convince me that Bunkley is anything but an average DT at best. I would probably rank all three kickers above him. :wacko: