[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Its time to talk UFA's!

tazinib1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understood. My only question then is what stats are you standing by? He had 43 total tackles - no sacks - no forced fumbles. He averages 27 tackles and 1 sack per year, and that doesn't even include his rookie season when he didn't play as often. I'm not really sure what other stats are out there for a DT. I usually don't comment negatively unless I have a good idea of what I am talking about and I really do agree with most of your list, but unless the stats I have looked up are way off you won't convince me that Bunkley is anything but an average DT at best. I would probably rank all three kickers above him. :wacko:

I love this post for 2 reasons. It makes me look up all my stat gathering.

Like I said, maybe he re-invented himself in Denver. To be fair I didn't see much of the Denver games. I did however have the displeasure of watching him do pretty much nothing for 5 years in Philly. The only reason he lasted so long here was because Reid doesn't like to admit when he is wrong with a 1st round pick IMO. And just a quick look at the stats I wonder how Pro Football Focus ranked him as the #3 DT. The stats sure don't justify that ranking. He was 10th overall in tackles for DTs (which surprises me that he was that high) but he had no sacks, no forced fumbles, etc.

If you don't have access then hit me up.

4. Evan Mathis - The best G on the market

8. Carl Nicks - If you can't get Mathis, Nicks is a healthy 2nd choice

I strongly beg to differ, but it doesn't really matter. At worst, Nicks will get the FT if we can't resign him.

Lynch, Hawthorne, and Red Bryant could easily be on that list and need to be the Seahawks' priorities. Not a bad list though. I disagree a bit with the order but it looks like a fairly deep free agent class.

That Mathis is the best on the market. Nicks is one of if not the best in the league, let alone free agency.

And the same could be said for Mathis, who is a much better run blocker than Nicks.

For what its worth, I have them 1 and 2 overall in the league for Gaurds. The best LG's in the NFL are available. Get em if you can!!

That you consider Bunkley "a very good DT". I just don't see how you can label a guy who has been average at best as a very good. As an Eagles fan I had to watch him for 5 years do pretty much nothing. Maybe he found himself in Denver but it doesn't seem like he had a great year there either.

Had to do some digging but Bunkley is rated as the #3 overall DT in the league with a 24.1 rating. His pass rush is less than to be desired with 0 sacks, 1 QB hit and only 5 QB pressures, but his run defense is top shelf. His 32 solo stops ranks 5th overall and his 37 solo tackles rank 8th.

I am only concerned about CB's, Dallas' most pressing need. Any info regarding the CB position is most appreciated. Also, Dallas would be happy to land Mario Williams, provided he would be 100% by training camp

Want me to list them all?

I am only concerned about CB's, Dallas' most pressing need. Any info regarding the CB position is most appreciated. Also, Dallas would be happy to land Mario Williams, provided he would be 100% by training camp

Dallas actually seems like a realistic landing spot for Grimes, assuming Jerry has the cash to overpay for him like he wants.... His wife raised hell last year about him not getting paid like she thinks he deserves. :tup:

Really sucks for the Falcons too, cuz they have too many other FAs and needs to address to where Grimes could easily price himself out of their price range... I'm terrified of the idea of just Dunta, Owens, Franks at cornerback.

Want me to list them all?

Yes, looks like I'll have some interest in that list too :wacko:

Top 10 CB's available

Brent Grimes

Cortland Finnegan

Carlos Rodgers

Tim Jennings

Corey Graham

Brandon Carr

Roderick Hood

Dimitri Patterson

Michael Coe

David Jones

2 RFA CB's of note:

Ladarius Webb (If he were an UFA, I'd have him ranked 3rd on my list)

William Middleton (And him 4th)

Top 10 CB's available

Brent Grimes

Cortland Finnegan

Carlos Rodgers

Tim Jennings

Corey Graham

Brandon Carr

Roderick Hood

Dimitri Patterson

Michael Coe

David Jones

2 RFA CB's of note:

Tracy Porter? :wacko:

He's included on this list

Football's Future free agent list (DB)

I stopped reading after Terrell Thomas made there list of top CB's. :wacko:

And I'm sorry Rajn, but Porter does not make the list for a reason. How he is on the other list so high is mind boggling. QB rating throwing into his coverage is 100.4. That's god aweful. Not the worst but that puts him about 90+ in CB rankings. He was thrown at 73 times with a whopping 52 of those caught for a 71.2 completion rate. He also surrendered an eye popping 322 YAC. I'll pass....

Edited by tazinib1

Top 10 CB's available

Brent Grimes

Cortland Finnegan

Carlos Rodgers

Tim Jennings

Corey Graham

Brandon Carr

Roderick Hood

Dimitri Patterson

Michael Coe

David Jones

2 RFA CB's of note:

Marcus Trufant? :wacko: