[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sports Goats

whomper

The Williams chatter on the main board got me thinking. Although these people in general make some sweet money playing sports it still has to be very difficult for them to shake when you are a glaring goat that cost your team a game. Im not only talking about Williams but just in general. Cundiff and Lee Evans gotta be feeling it as well. I put this in the TG because I opened it up to all sports and to personal experiences. Who are some of sports infamous Goats. Obviously there is Buckner , Jackie Smith, I remember Lin Elliot as well. Also, have you ever been the Goat in a sporting event ?

I played soccer in HS and sucked at it, so anyone who ever passed me the ball was the goat. I can't remember if my poor play ever directly led to the other team winning a game but I'm going to say probably.

My favorite goat of all time is Buckner, followed closely by Scott Norwood. Though one could argue Norwood gets that label somewhat unfairly, he is still labeled as such.

too many to list from our town :tup: That said, at the top of the list:

Mitch Williams - walk off homer given up to Joe Carter in Game 6 of a World Series that would have gone back to Philly for Game 7

Oh man, I remember that, that had to hurt. Carter absolutely crushed that ball too, there was no doubt from the moment it left his bat.

I've got one you'll like, how about Matt Dodge? :wacko:

nice call...I believe he is still out of football.

Joe Pisarcik also comes to mind.

What's sad about Dodge is that he knew he had to kick it out of bounds and if you see a replay from the end zone camera, he was aiming to the right sideline. Unfortunately he shanked it and the ball went right down the middle of the field. I've heard a lot of people blast him as if he didn't know to punt it out of bounds which to me would be a lot worse than what actually happened. I thought Dodge had potential, sad that he's known for this.

Hearing some of the calls for Kyle Williams to kill himself, etc., on local radio reminds me of the Donnie Moore story - he was the goat in the 1986 ALCS when he gave up the tying and winning runs as the Red Sox came back to beat the Angels - then a few years later, Moore committed suicide. Sad.

Hearing some of the calls for Kyle Williams to kill himself, etc., on local radio reminds me of the Donnie Moore story - he was the goat in the 1986 ALCS when he gave up the tying and winning runs as the Red Sox came back to beat the Angels - then a few years later, Moore committed suicide. Sad.

this ... :wacko: