[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greg Schiano next coach of the Bucs?

tazinib1

He's probably cheap.

Cheap? I think Rutgers paid him about 2.3 mill per year.

"Check out these weighty words from a man in a hooded sweatshirt up in New England. That’s Patriots coach Bill Belichick, a close friend of Schiano’s.

“Obviously, he’s done a great job at Rutgers," Belichick said. "And I think he’s a tremendous coach, he's done a great job with that program, and his players have been very pro ready, guys that come out of that program, when they get to the NFL, most of them make it.

"They may not be first-round picks or whatever, but they have enough talent to really compete in the NFL and most of them end up staying in one way or another. I think that’s a credit to the preparation and the program he has built there."

Although Belichick has a reputation for being secretive and probably isn’t going to go far out of his way to help other teams, I can see him at least giving some general start-up advice to a friend who will be making his debut as an NFL head coach."

The Bucs claim to have talked with Belichick and wanted his thoughts on who a good coach would be...

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

Cheap? I think Rutgers paid him about 2.3 mill per year.

Yep, they might pay him up to 4 million. Not close to what Fischer was hinted at.

It was never going to be Childress. Smoke and Mirrors is how the Glazers operate...

I'd have preferred them to not even bother with him.

As for Belichick's report, that doesn't convince me. Still the hire should certainly provide an interesting few years for us.

Edited by MonkeyOne

As for Belichick's report, that doesn't convince me. Still the hire should certainly provide an interesting few years for us.

I like the hire. Defensive minded coach that runs a pro style offense which has yielded very solid NFL players. He took Rutgers from a joke to a contender in the Big East. Before that, he was the defensive coordinator at the U where he coached the likes of Ed Reed among others.

If you don't trust Belichicks word, who do you trust? :wacko:

I like the hire. Defensive minded coach that runs a pro style offense which has yielded very solid NFL players. He took Rutgers from a joke to a contender in the Big East. Before that, he was the defensive coordinator at the U where he coached the likes of Ed Reed among others.

If you don't trust Belichicks word, who do you trust? :wacko:

Like :tup:

If you don't trust Belichicks word, who do you trust? :tup:

Belichick has said a lot of good things about former assistants and I don't know very many of them that have turned out to be much of a HC. :wacko: I also don't think being a good team in the Big East is that awesome. But I've got nothing for or against the Bucs. Hopefully it works out so their FF players aren't a wasteland.

I suspect the Bucs will get rid of some veterans in order to get the entire team behind the new coach. The last thing a new coach, especially one from college, is to have to contend with ego's from the past regime...

There are not many vets on the Bucs. Youngest team in the NFL last year with the youngest head coach. But I see your point.