[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taco Bell now has a breakfast menu...

buddahj

Ummm...sorry there is absolutely a such thing. Click me

You'll have to 'splain that one Lucy.

There are eight grades of meat, and "E" ain't one of them:

Prime

Choice

Select

Standard

Commercial

Utility

Cutter

Canner

You're just repeating a myth.

You'll have to 'splain that one Lucy.

There are eight grades of meat, and "E" ain't one of them:

Prime

Choice

Select

Standard

Commercial

Utility

Cutter

Canner

You're just repeating a myth.

Ummm..those are cuts. And it isn't a myth. Go to the government link I provided then talk to me. If I'm reading it wrong, so be it. But there is still a Grade E...that is not a myth.

Ummm..those are cuts. And it isn't a myth. Go to the government link I provided then talk to me. If I'm reading it wrong, so be it. But there is still a Grade E...that is not a myth.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

As far as I can tell, from looking at the website, you are referring to "maturity groups." Although I was a meat cutter at one time, I won't pretend to understand that. But those are aren't grades.

I can assure you that I accurately listed the grades of meat and that meat is not graded by letter. If you don't want to believe me, I'll live.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

As far as I can tell, from looking at the website, you are referring to "maturity groups." Although I was a meat cutter at one time, I won't pretend to understand that. But those are aren't grades.

I can assure you that I accurately listed the grades of meat and that meat is not graded by letter. If you don't want to believe me, I'll live.

I hate it when I'm wrong. But will never not admit it. Can I still tell high school kids they are eating cows ass when I walk by a Taco Bell? Cause..that to me is the most important thing of all.

I think what we have is a labeling issue. Clicky

But I appreciate your knowledge as a former butcher. I'm probably still wrong, but how do you explain the low cost of beef purchases by Taco Bell? And Taco Bell was one of the leading purchasers of beef in 2011.

I was a retail meat cutter, which is a far cry from a real butcher.

I really don't know anything about the beef that Taco Bell uses or how they prepare their beef. The ground beef that they serve is a mix of beef, seasonings, flavors, additives, color and whatnot. I suspect that its a fairly low percentage of beef. It ain't nothing like the ground chuck (and that's what you should use by the way) that you slap on your grill at home, but there is probably nothing wrong with it.

And I think that you can tell a high school kid just about anything that you want about what he/she is eating.

and who said anything about beef from cattle? maybe this is like jack n the box was busted for long ago, maybe it is horse or kangaroo :wacko:

from wikipedia

Food safetyIn 1981 horse meat labeled as beef was discovered at a Foodmaker plant that supplied hamburger and taco meat to Jack in the Box. The meat was originally from Profreeze of Australia and other shipments destined for the United States were discovered that included kangaroo meat.[11][12]

As mentioned above, in 1993, Jack in the Box suffered a major corporate crisis involving E. coli O157:H7 bacteria. Four children died of hemolytic uremic syndrome and 600 others were reported sick after eating undercooked patties contaminated with fecal material containing the bacteria at locations in the Seattle area and other parts of the Pacific Northwest.

link here for full article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_in_the_Box

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

as for their tacos, :whose dog crapped in my taco?

Isnt taco bell's menu all the same just arranged in different ways (like all mexican)? The beef, taco or wrap, sme lettuce, tomatoes and sauce? So now they add some egg and coffee to their menu.

It wasnt appetizing for dinner or lunch, this sure isnt going to make me try it.

Does anyone here like taco bell?

I also just learned Sonic has had breakfast for a while now. Again, never liked their burgers or their service model, so breakfast is not going to happen.

I really don't know anything about the beef that Taco Bell uses or how they prepare their beef. The ground beef that they serve is a mix of beef, seasonings, flavors, additives, color and whatnot. I suspect that its a fairly low percentage of beef. It ain't nothing like the ground chuck (and that's what you should use by the way) that you slap on your grill at home, but there is probably nothing wrong with it.

:wacko:Taco Bell meat thread

I kinda need to see a little old mexican lady cracking eggs and using real fresh ingredients including homemade tortillas ... I like the little taquiera on the cheap side of town run by real mexican women. The outside might look a little dingy but the inside is clean. I could do without the peels on the potatoes, but hey, at least I know they were cut that day. The food is just as inexpensive as the rest. :wacko:

Something about a place that hires and is operated by a bunch of teenagers just doesn't earn my trust.

I knew a guy who worked at taco bell 18 years ago and he told me then that the box on their meat said "grade C meat, but edible" :wacko:

Well, either:

1) unbenownst to your friend, somebody wrote that on the box with a sharpie;

2) somebody was stoned; and/or

3) somebody is lying.

Edited by Furd

I knew a guy who worked at taco bell 18 years ago and he told me then that the box on their meat said "grade C meat, but edible" :wacko:

the stuff looks like my dog crapped in a taco shell

Pocs?