[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

fantasy draft that started last night

bpwallace49

Nice draft BP!

I know no one's too excited about the Mendy pick, but with it being 1/2PPR and potential for 3 RBs with the flex, I'd be loading up with them too, especially after you got 2 great WRs in Fitz and Marshall, and had a plan for Eli; So I'd be loading up on as many potential lions-share RBs as I could. Between him and the rookie, you could be sitting comfortably if one works out, and have some great leverage with RB-needy teams if both do.

If it's less than 1PPR and you got a flex, I'm gonna go RB early and often every time, while looking and waiting for tremendous value at the other spots.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The part about Mendy that I dont get . .

people expect AP to be back, and he had a more severe knee injury, and had the injury one week earlier. he is expected to play this next year.

mendy tore his ACL only one week after AP, and is somehow not expected to play? I dont get it . . . but I made sure I grabbed a top rookie like Lamar Miller just in case.

But in retrospect, I shoulda drafted Britt :wacko:

This is a fun league with the early draft and no moves until after week one is over with.

The part about Mendy that I dont get . .

people expect AP to be back, and he had a more severe knee injury, and had the injury one week earlier. he is expected to play this next year.

mendy tore his ACL only one week after AP, and is somehow not expected to play? I dont get it . . . but I made sure I grabbed a top rookie like Lamar Miller just in case.

But in retrospect, I shoulda drafted Britt doh.gif

This is a fun league with the early draft and no moves until after week one is over with.

The thing about Mendy is he was/is fast approaching only 2 down status coupled with the fact that the Steelers are really moving into a passing team. They threw ball 60 more times last year which is about two complete games worth vs running. Mendy also had 101 fewer touches last season in one less game. The other alarming stat is he had 146 fewer snap opportunities than the previous year.

All this and coming off an injury is of major concern in my mind.

He could bounce back but there are lots of major red flags as it relates to upside. I do like the Lamar pick.

I owned him last year and moved him the week before his injury when it became apparent to me he just wasn't getting enough reps given how much the Steelers were throwing to be an impact player.

The thing about Mendy is he was/is fast approaching only 2 down status coupled with the fact that the Steelers are really moving into a passing team. They threw ball 60 more times last year which is about two complete games worth vs running. Mendy also had 101 fewer touches last season in one less game. The other alarming stat is he had 146 fewer snap opportunities than the previous year.

All this and coming off an injury is of major concern in my mind.

He could bounce back but there are lots of major red flags as it relates to upside. I do like the Lamar pick.

I owned him last year and moved him the week before his injury when it became apparent to me he just wasn't getting enough reps given how much the Steelers were throwing to be an impact player.

Actually, Pitt has made it very clear that they are moving away from the pass happy offense they were in 2011. Todd Haley is a run oriented OC...I'll give you a quote which should sum it up. "I'm just a believer, offensively, that you do what gives you the best chance to succeed,'' Haley said. "So if you're best chance to succeed is running the ball 63 times a game, then you run it 63 times a game. I'm going to do what gives our players the chance to be the best they possibly can be.''

Actually, Pitt has made it very clear that they are moving away from the pass happy offense they were in 2011. Todd Haley is a run oriented OC...I'll give you a quote which should sum it up. "I'm just a believer, offensively, that you do what gives you the best chance to succeed,'' Haley said. "So if you're best chance to succeed is running the ball 63 times a game, then you run it 63 times a game. I'm going to do what gives our players the chance to be the best they possibly can be.''

I look at this way, The chief's threw the ball 2.4 times fewer per game than the Steelers. When I say the Steelers are moving to a more passing team it is realtive given they still ranked 19th I think.

I don't see the Steelers throwing fewer passes in 2012 at all. I still see something along the 34/27 split. I don't think I would say they are pass happy but seem to moving in that direction. Time will tell but nonetheless, I still think Mendy is a two down variety player these days and for sure coming off an injury his snap count will be monitored heavily.

I also think Haley is one the best WR coaches in the business. Havinng a QB like Big Ben if anything could open up the passing game even more. It will be interesting to see.