[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Butterfingers?

DMD

8000 Butterfingers costs a whole lot less than a Super Bowl commercial. :wacko:

back in the day, you could buy 10 candy bars for a $1. If you get lucky, you can score some at a .99cent store for 4 for $1.

I know Nestle didn't sponsor this, but what a cou for them huh? And why does a pawn shop have 8k butterfingers anyways :tup:

I thought it lead him away from the safety, and was therefore the correct throw.

Nah, the safety had no play on the ball. If Brady leads him, Welker scores. The toughest place to put it is on the left outside shoulder. Welder had to spin back from right to left to even get his hands on the ball.

Edited by CaptainHook

back in the day, you could buy 10 candy bars for a $1. If you get lucky, you can score some at a .99cent store for 4 for $1.

I know Nestle didn't sponsor this, but what a cou for them huh? And why does a pawn shop have 8k butterfingers anyways :tup:

Maybe the Easter Bunny has a gambling problem :wacko:

Nah, the safety had no play on the ball. If Brady leads him, Welker scores. The toughest place to put it is on the left outside shoulder. Welder had to spin back from right to left to even get his hands on the ball.

Your opinion is every bit as valid as my own, and I notice that your opinion also seems to be the majority opinion. I maintain my opinion, nevertheless, even in the face of the majority. I'm like that sometimes. I do appreciate that you disagreed without being disagreeable. You are a good man and have excellent tastes in avatars.

Your opinion is every bit as valid as my own, and I notice that your opinion also seems to be the majority opinion. I maintain my opinion, nevertheless, even in the face of the majority. I'm like that sometimes. I do appreciate that you disagreed without being disagreeable. You are a good man and have excellent tastes in avatars.

I've just tried to make that catch before. It's tough. A pro should probably still catch it though. Welker clearly thought it would be to the inside. Brady looks like he thought it would be more of a "go" or even "corner".

Edited by CaptainHook

I've just tried to make that catch before. It's tough. A pro should probably still catch it though. Welker clearly thought it would be to the inside. Brady looks like he thought it would be more of a "go" or even "corner".

I do agree that the pass thrown was not the route called in the huddle. I just believe that Brady, looking right at the safety, knew the ball had to be thrown to the outside. He broke off the route and instead tried to throw Welker open. Welker made his read late. He did not see it the same as Brady, IMO. He reacted to the ball in flight rather than to the players on the field. Had he made the same read as Brady, breaking off the route, he would have been adjusted earlier. Adjusting later made the catch tougher, but still one a pro should make, especially one of Welker's abilities.

That's just how I see it. This is all speculation. Obviously I have no proof for my speculation. I have my reading of the play on film, and that is far from proof, admittedly.

Your opinion is every bit as valid as my own, and I notice that your opinion also seems to be the majority opinion. I maintain my opinion, nevertheless, even in the face of the majority. I'm like that sometimes.

I agree with you and thought Brady waas clearly throwing away from the coverage, and said so in the Mallet thread. He just adjusted a little too much on the throw.

That said, a WR of Welker's caliber has to make that catch. It's not an easy catch, but it's also not the most difficult.

I do agree that the pass thrown was not the route called in the huddle. I just believe that Brady, looking right at the safety, knew the ball had to be thrown to the outside. He broke off the route and instead tried to throw Welker open. Welker made his read late. He did not see it the same as Brady, IMO. He reacted to the ball in flight rather than to the players on the field. Had he made the same read as Brady, breaking off the route, he would have been adjusted earlier. Adjusting later made the catch tougher, but still one a pro should make, especially one of Welker's abilities.

That's just how I see it. This is all speculation. Obviously I have no proof for my speculation. I have my reading of the play on film, and that is far from proof, admittedly.

I don't really have a strong opinion which way it happened. It does look like the safety was far enough away that he wouldn't have gotten there regardless. Here is a clip and at about the 8 or 9 second mark you can see the safety is coming from mid field but I don't think he'd get there no matter how Brady threw it. Hard to tell if either is "technically correct" with regard to WR route vs. QB throw.

:wacko:

I still say that was a much tougher catch than people realize. It was more of an awful throw to a wide open wide receiver.

+1

Ridiculous that Welker is getting killed for this. Try making a catch like that, fully extended while jumping and spinning. Welker has made catches like that which speaks to what a great receiver he is, but it's an incredibly tough catch.

Other than the fact that Nestle makes Butterfingers and had nothing to do with it. They get free pub. The pawn shop that did it isn't associated with Nestle. Yes, brilliant.

Are you sure? Maybe Nestle sponsored it? I'm guessing you don't know...