[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Butterfingers?

DMD

I'd be willing to bet that there will be a lot of teams lining up to take "Butterfingers" off the Pats back for them in FA and given the hate he's gotten from the fan base it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him walk.

I know, I mean the guy only caught 122 catches in the regular season. :wacko:

Maybe for some that makes the expectation that he should make even the tough catches like that, but even if the throw is right on the money, you can't expect any wideout to make the catch 100% of the time. Then you add in that it was a tough catch he had to go up for and probably wasn't anticipating in that spot, and it's absurd to blame the guy (not to mention you might not even be there without all his catches).

I know, I mean the guy only caught 122 catches in the regular season. :wacko:

Maybe for some that makes the expectation that he should make even the tough catches like that, but even if the throw is right on the money, you can't expect any wideout to make the catch 100% of the time. Then you add in that it was a tough catch he had to go up for and probably wasn't anticipating in that spot, and it's absurd to blame the guy (not to mention you might not even be there without all his catches).

I was watching the game over (actually the commercials) and got to the play, it was funny how Collinsworth says "that's a catch that Welker makes 100 out of 100 times." Then Al says, "That must have been the 101st time then." Seriously, a catchable ball, but not one I'd say the receiver always should or does catch.

I still say that was a much tougher catch than people realize. It was more of an awful throw to a wide open wide receiver.

Exactly. It was a terrible throw to a wide open wide receiver. Welker had to twist around and get his hands up in an instant. Is it a catch that Welker usually makes ? Yes. Would it have been a tough catch ? Yes. Was it a terrible throw, considering how wide open he was ? Yes. Who should be getting more blame ? Tommy Boy

It's easy to blame Hernandez and Welker for their drops but why not blame the Patriots defense for letting the Giants go buck wild all over the field? lol. Come on guys, you win as a team, you lose as a team. The Butterfingers thing was pretty cool, I'll admit.

It's easy to blame Hernandez and Welker for their drops but why not blame the Patriots defense for letting the Giants go buck wild all over the field? lol. Come on guys, you win as a team, you lose as a team. The Butterfingers thing was pretty cool, I'll admit.

I wouldn't exactly call 21 pts. and under 400 yds of offense going buck wild by any means. It's decent but I don't think it's eye popping and considering that the Giants had the ball for 37 minutes I think you would expect more. I think that N.E. def actually did a better job than most expected them to do. Time of possession was 22 min for N.E. to 37 min. for NYG that tells me that N.E. didn't get it done and sustain drives on the offensive side of the ball period. The loss had less to do with the defense than with the offense being inept most of the day vs. that stout Giants def.

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

I don't think half the teams in the NFL would know how to use him

And Welker wouldn't go to any team that sucks. Any team that wouldn't know how to use him would more than likely fall into that category. Doesn't matter. Welker isn't going anywhere.

And I think it was a tough catch, but I don't think it was a horrible throw. iirc, if Brady throws it inside where everyone thinks it should go, Welker gets murdered by the safety and you have a potential INT. I think Brady was putting the ball where only Welker could catch it.

Instead of blaming Hernandez, Brady or Welker, how about blame the Bills. Belichick and O'Brian. The pats used the hurry up with nasty effectivness all year. They used it for two series against the giants. Brady had 170 yards and the pats scored 14 points on those two drives. That's a coaching error.

Edited by piratesownninjas