[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whitney Houston dead at age 48

tazinib1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her voice was amazing. I remember her singing the Star Spangled Banner at the Super Bowl years back, and I still think it was one of the best renditions ever.

And I also agree, Bobby Brown ruined her.

RIP Whitney.

She was fine until she hooked up with Bobby Brown.

May she RIP!

RIP Whitney!

The part that really bothers is that Bobby Brown is still here and probably will be for a long time.

Her voice was amazing. I remember her singing the Star Spangled Banner at the Super Bowl years back, and I still think it was one of the best renditions ever.

And I also agree, Bobby Brown ruined her.

RIP Whitney.

It's sad to see someone with so much talent be taken away when she had so many more years to give us... but then again, that is just the selfishness in all of us.

As for Bobby being her downfall, I'm sure he didn't help matters, but I don't know if all the blame can be laid at his feet. I mean, we know what she, her public relations people, and the media wanted the public to see her as. But is that truly the case? In her own words she says as much.

It seemed to be an odd union; she was seen as pop's pure princess while he [bobby Brown] had a bad-boy image, and already had children of his own. (The couple had a daughter, Bobbi Kristina, in 1993.) Over the years, he would be arrested several times, on charges ranging from DUI to failure to pay child support.

But Houston said their true personalities were not as far apart as people may have believed.

"When you love, you love. I mean, do you stop loving somebody because you have different images? You know, Bobby and I basically come from the same place," she told Rolling Stone in 1993. "You see somebody, and you deal with their image, that's their image. It's part of them, it's not the whole picture. I am not always in a sequined gown. I am nobody's angel. I can get down and dirty. I can get raunchy."

At least that's My Prerogative.

just sayin'...

Edited by millerx

Bobby Brown didn't make her smoke crack at gunpoint. Ultimately she's responsible for her actions and she chose an addict for a husband.

Really sad and tragic that she's gone so young. She was one of best female voices ever.

Not so sure she chose an addict as a husband. I think she chose a husband who was an addict. And as sad as it is to hear, I think maybe he was an enabler..not a supplier. Whitney surely had her demons....but that voice will surely be missed by all. A sad day for us all.