[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guess Who's Back?

Infinity

Another in the long line of players who pissed away $10s of millions and ended up destitute within a few years of ending their careers?

Given the way this guy ended his career, how could any team not be drooling at the prospect of throwing a few more $millions at him?

Another in the long line of players who pissed away $10s of millions and ended up destitute within a few years of ending their careers?

Given the way this guy ended his career, how could any team not be drooling at the prospect of throwing a few more $millions at him?

i was going to post this lol

edit:

well the numbers are staggering in terms of players who end up broke after the money stops coming in

its way more likely he sees money problems in the future than a website that still lists him as a "wide receiver for the NFL Tennessee Titans" is accurate on his net worth

Edited by coordi88

Don't be mislead. The only reason he's coming back is for the $$$$. It's the only reason Terrell Owens wants to come back too.

Do you really think TO's ego, competitive nature, desire to show he can play, and the trillionth professional athlete with an unwillingness to hang up don't play a factor somewhere in that mix?

Not so sure about Moss.

Don't be mislead. The only reason he's coming back is for the $$$$. It's the only reason Terrell Owens wants to come back too.

The only reason 2/3's of these guys show up to the weight room in the off-season is for $$$$. What's your point?

there are multiple sites that project similar income. he aint broke -straight cash Homie.

My point is, who is CURRENTLY paying Moss a $6.5 million annual salary? I don't know whether he is broke or not. But I highly doubt he is getting paid $6.5million by anybody right now. Whether multiple sites are reporting that as project income or not doesn't matter. Where are they getting this projection from? Some prior year while he was still playing in the NFL?

I did a little digging, and here's salary info I found for Moss

link

He made $6.4 in each of his last two seasons (2009 & 2010) with the last being that wonderful year the Pats sent him to the Titans (or was he cut and then signed off waivers). So what was his salary in 2011, I'm guessing zero as an NFL player. So why would anybody believe that he'd be signed for $6.5 million (if anybody even signs him) to play in 2012?

So why would anybody believe that he'd be signed for $6.5 million (if anybody even signs him) to play in 2012?

I don't know if anybody really thinks he will. :wacko: I guess the reason why he'll probably end up playing (if he wants) is because someone will take a chance and give him a contract that doesn't cost much (NFL wise) with a lot of escalation clauses for incentives. So if he doesn't really plan on playing hard and earning big money, he isn't going to make that much. Granted, it's still big time money to us "normal people" but if he has made millions over the years, a chance for a 800k contract isn't necessarily worth the effort if you don't really plan on playing hard and coming back "fo real". That being said, I don't really know what he has in the tank at 35.

I don't really know what he has in the tank at 35.

Nor in the bank.

Considering that Tennessee treated him as nothing but a decoy and several games went by with zero balls lobbed his way, you've gotta think he has no real value to anyone at this point.

I don't know if anybody really thinks he will. :wacko: I guess the reason why he'll probably end up playing (if he wants) is because someone will take a chance and give him a contract that doesn't cost much (NFL wise) with a lot of escalation clauses for incentives. So if he doesn't really plan on playing hard and earning big money, he isn't going to make that much. Granted, it's still big time money to us "normal people" but if he has made millions over the years, a chance for a 800k contract isn't necessarily worth the effort if you don't really plan on playing hard and coming back "fo real". That being said, I don't really know what he has in the tank at 35.

Right which is why I call BS on a website that says his salary is $6.5 million. Because it isn't currently, and won't be in the near future. But some people still think that if multiple sources say the same thing it must be true.

I don't know if he is broke or not, but there's no way he is making millions (doing what?).