[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ideas for 2012 season and beyond

darin3

Now that it's the off-season, we have plenty of time to discuss what kind of features you'd like to see here at The Huddle.

IDP-wise, we had a weekly free agent feature, rankings, and game breakdowns, which included tackle stats and player ratings.

Feel free to throw out some ideas as to what kind of content/features you'd find helpful in your weekly management of your IDP teams.

Thanks, and enjoy the off-season. :wacko:

In your IDP LB/DE rankings???

I'm not sure I follow you. What would the advantage be to breaking off the 2-down guys from the 3-down guys? I can't speak for keg, but I assume both of us take 2-down vs. 3-down into account when we formulate our rankings and star-ratings.

Don't get me wrong, I'm appreciative of the idea but not sure what benefit it would bring about.

I think it goes without saying that most rankings (at least decent ones) would take that into account. I do think that Taz is on the right track, though. One thing we could do here is generate a thread/discussion on which LB's are projected to be 3-down players, with updates as they are seen/heard. That's one example of the type of information that sets other sites apart from the Huddle, when it comes to IDP.

Of course, given that we all compete against each other in IDP leagues, we may NOT want to discuss such things. :wacko:

Again, won't speak for keggerz... but I certainly account for how a LB (or DE) is used in their particular system in my rankings.

accounting for 3 down players is just one of the many factors that I look at.

I think it goes without saying that most rankings (at least decent ones) would take that into account. I do think that Taz is on the right track, though. One thing we could do here is generate a thread/discussion on which LB's are projected to be 3-down players, with updates as they are seen/heard. That's one example of the type of information that sets other sites apart from the Huddle, when it comes to IDP.

Of course, given that we all compete against each other in IDP leagues, we may NOT want to discuss such things. :wacko:

I think it was a couple of years ago where I was listing 3 down LBs in part of my IDP Game Breakdowns...I saw value in it but the following year I decied to include more players so called them fantasy relevant players...then decided with the Breakdowns that it wasn't really needed...but I could be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time.

Of course, given that we all compete against each other in IDP leagues, we may NOT want to discuss such things. :tup:

I don't hold back, can't speak for Darin but doubt he does either.

this is the biggest issue IMO

Please share more or share via PM if you would like...I am honestly curious about what you specifically mean.

Please share more or share via PM if you would like...I am honestly curious about what you specifically mean.

not you and Darin but more so everyone else

There are what, maybe 50-100 Huddle guys who play IDP in BoTH leagues. Many are active in all the other forums but there are only about 4 or 5 people who post in the IDP forum.

I haven't really decided if its

A- they aren't confident about IDP and scared to post

B- they don't want to offer any info they have picked up because they play against everyone else

I'm really not sure what the issue is with that forum and even topics that should generate debate don't beyond a couple people

• 1 month later...

This is my first full offseason with the huddle, so maybe this isn't a new idea. i would love to see an IDP analysis for the NFL draft. since a lot of the IDP leagues are dynasty, it would be nice to get a breakdown of the top prospects for DL, LB and DB from a fantasy perspective (similar to the QB, RB and WR articles on the main page right now).

Also a "sleeper" report on the guys who may have closed last season strong but gone unnoticed or guys that have changed teams/coordinators/schemes that are poised for big years.

I know I have my ideas on who to target, but getting other opinions and points of view is always helpful.

Edited by Kris N

This is my first full offseason with the huddle, so maybe this isn't a new idea. i would love to see an IDP analysis for the NFL draft. since a lot of the IDP leagues are dynasty, it would be nice to get a breakdown of the top prospects for DL, LB and DB from a fantasy perspective (similar to the QB, RB and WR articles on the main page right now).

Also a "sleeper" report on the guys who may have closed last season strong but gone unnoticed or guys that have changed teams/coordinators/schemes that are poised for big years.

I know I have my ideas on who to target, but getting other opinions and points of view is always helpful.

We will have something post draft for IDPs....It is just my opinion but with scheme being such a huge factor in IDP value, doing anything before you know where a guy is going could be all for not and not very valuable for subscribers...but like I said, we will have something post draft.

• 1 month later...

sorry I didn't check back but did you see this? http://www.thehuddle.com/2012/nfl_draft/sg-120502-top-idp-rookie-linebackers.php