[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Schaubshank Redemption

kpholmes

Maybe, but not necessarily.

Schaub is in the prime of his career.

Manning is not. Age will claim some of his prowess and he will feel the effects of a long layoff and perhaps have to readjust to a new team and system.

I think that even if Manning starts the 1st game of the 2012 season, you might get 4k out of him. Schaub will throw for more than that.

Schaub (and AJ) need to stay healthy. I suppose he could throw for 4500 or more, but they seem to be less of a passing team now than they were before Foster (or Slaton era). Daniels used to be a top TE, but no more. AJ used to be a stud, but after the extended absence last year who knows.

Hard to say what Peyton will or can do, until we see if he is healthy, and where he is playing. Whatever team he goes to, passing will be the focus. Not sure that's the case in Houston anymore.

Just looked at Schaub's stats

2009 4770 yards (16 starts)

2010 4370 yards (16 starts)

2011 2479 yards (10 starts) - projected out to 16 starts is under 4000 yards

Schaub career stats

Schaub (and AJ) need to stay healthy. I suppose he could throw for 4500 or more, but they seem to be less of a passing team now than they were before Foster (or Slaton era). Daniels used to be a top TE, but no more. AJ used to be a stud, but after the extended absence last year who knows.

Hard to say what Peyton will or can do, until we see if he is healthy, and where he is playing. Whatever team he goes to, passing will be the focus. Not sure that's the case in Houston anymore.

Just looked at Schaub's stats

2009 4770 yards (16 starts)

2010 4370 yards (16 starts)

2011 2479 yards (10 starts) - projected out to 16 starts is under 4000 yards

Schaub career stats

That is a good point. Schaub may not throw for 4000 yards, but he's still a good qb. If he's healthy, and all reports are that recovery is on track, there's a 0% chance the texans trade Schaub, who's 5 years younger (guessing, too lazy to look it up) so they can have Manning at questionable health. If Schaub's not healthy and might miss most of the season or may not be the same player, well ok, maybe there's some chance then. I would guess it's much easier for a qb to bounce back from that type of injury than a rb.